Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rave About Something That Makes You Happy (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=118557)

!@#$%! 09.09.2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
First day of my trip and it's a blast already. That tangerine glow envelopping Mott Street during those, like, two hours before dusk is just marvelous. And I treated myself to some great Black Bean Beef at Hop Kee. Love that place. It's an institution.

hahahaaa!

it’s great to witness people having a blast in life

would rep if i could

drink deeply my friend

EVOLghost 09.19.2019 05:43 AM

It’s all I’ve been about lately...but Street Fighter 3. Man...I’ve connected to so many people through this game. Just about everyone in the scene knows of Chicago’s arcade to play SF3. Me and my friend(who now lives in San Antonio)put that shit on the map. We’ve had visitors from the UK, NYC, LA, TX...well people around the US in general to get games for 3s. Most of them weren’t solely there but reached out to our group since we’ve created a bit of noise with our crowd. Every Friday at the arcade we have a meetup and there used to be like 3-5 on average, over 5 on a good night. Now there’s over 10 people playing every Friday. And a lot of people have really gotten better too! Anyway...just makes me feel accomplished in some odd way. I know this wasn’t all me, but I discovered the bar, and just started going there and told the SF3 heads about it. Met random people there who play and just slowly gathered more people. I did a lot of the footwork of getting people together while my buddy handled the formal organization of it. But yeah...it’s a bit tough right now. Starting completely fresh and having a hard time since the breakup, getting robbed, getting a kidney stone.....SF3 is the only thing keeping me sane right now....

h8kurdt 09.20.2019 08:38 AM

Seeing the huge crowds for the climate change protests ain't half heart warming. Maybe we're not so fucked. Then you realise the ones who are helping screw the planet up are the ones in charge. Cunts.

Antagon 09.20.2019 10:33 PM

New York was great. Got to squeeze every bit of enjoyment I was striving for into one tight week. Went to 5 different record stores and found some nice stuff. They were playing Bad Moon Rising when I went down the stairs at Generation Records and then ventured into Joy Division's closer. And I got to talk to a guy at Downtown Music Gallery who's good friends with Weasel Walter. What's not to love?

And I justed closed out my latest 90s party. The mood was amazing. Primordial Undermind had a great performance and I got to see A Thousand Threads again. He seemed somewhat chipper. But damn, I feel spent now. Tired as fuck and my voice dropped a few octaves and I'm already kind of a baritone. But I'll sleep well now, I know.

!@#$%! 11.03.2019 07:18 AM

daylight saving time finally done for the year!!

(in this country anyway)

EVOLghost 11.03.2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
daylight saving time finally done for the year!!

(in this country anyway)

Dark times are a comin'....

Man...glad I just ain't in Seattle for the winter though....holy shit. Last year Jan and Feb, there wasn't a single day with Sun....no exaggeration either....it was brutal...

Antagon 11.03.2019 11:41 AM

It's still somewhat warm around here and I may just get to enjoy a few more neat autumn days or maybe even weeks before the steaming heap that is winter is upon us. Got to enjoy a nice sunset today and there's still some vegetation going on. Gotta make the most of it as long as I can.

!@#$%! 11.03.2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Dark times are a comin'....

Man...glad I just ain't in Seattle for the winter though....holy shit. Last year Jan and Feb, there wasn't a single day with Sun....no exaggeration either....it was brutal...

dark times AT NIGHT (the way it’s supposed to be)

now the sun will “rise” at 6 instead of —holy fuck— 7am or even later (awful for is who are forced to wake up early due to work)

re:seattle: i once considered moving there but a friend warned me about it

it’s very sunny here in neo-mex. if you get 2 cloudy days in a row it’s due to a major event lol. i think we get like 300 sunny days a year.

ilduclo 11.03.2019 04:23 PM

Seattle is a great town. I'd rather the rain then the awful heat and dry, or the damned dry desert cold. I think I'm related to salamaders, though, or maybe slugs?

!@#$%! 11.03.2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
Seattle is a great town. I'd rather the rain then the awful heat and dry, or the damned dry desert cold. I think I'm related to salamaders, though, or maybe slugs?

your people gave the soviets a black eye during the winter war, so seattle probably feels like the tropics to you

EVOLghost 11.03.2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo

Nah. The rain ain’t the bad part, it’s the lack of sun...it can be reaaalllly baaad.

!@#$%! 11.03.2019 09:16 PM

ps- i buy suomi winter tires (formely known as nokian)

ilduclo 11.03.2019 10:32 PM

Suomi!

https://nypost.com/2019/10/28/horse-...th-horse-poop/

!@#$%! 11.03.2019 11:12 PM

just look at this:

EVOLghost 11.04.2019 12:29 AM

Are they solid rubber?

!@#$%! 11.04.2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Are they solid rubber?

no they have tubes. well at least mine do. you run them not too pumped.

but they have carbide studs that grip the ice.

Antagon 11.09.2019 12:30 AM

Just got home from the 5th year anniversary of my event series. It was nice - good crowd, pleasant atmosphere. I've had my ups and downs with this whole thing, but it feels good that something that started off as a one-off experiment is now half a decade old and will make the jump into a new decade.

Rob Instigator 11.12.2019 01:28 PM

My brother and his wife announced they are expecting a baby boy, 3+ months in....

excellent

!@#$%! 11.12.2019 01:50 PM

el tío rob!

Rob Instigator 11.12.2019 02:28 PM

Indeed!