Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 06.03.2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
That's the beauty of football, man

in the words of that horrible horrible person cr7

"one has to know how to suffer"

(wise words, those. the motherfucker.)

and yeah i felt bad for gigi buffon but that's the beauty of football-- heroes die like the viking gods or the greek tragedies or

all the more memorable this way, maybe

Severian 06.03.2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's like FIFA but with real humans :D

HAH!

h8kurdt 06.07.2017 02:18 PM

I pray to the gods that Labour don't get decimated tomorrow. If the conservatives win by a massive margin then we might a well all give up.

!@#$%! 06.07.2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

I pray to the gods that Labour don't get decimated tomorrow. If the conservatives win by a massive margin then we might a well all give up.

move to scotland and secede!

or move to ireland

sorry, i'm equally desperate in my parts

h8kurdt 06.07.2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

or move to ireland

The weather is shit enough where I live, you couldn't pay me to live in Scotland. Ireland? Nah, none of he decent gigs go by there.

But yeah, I'm dreading this election. If those pig fuckers win this time round we can say goodbye to the NHS.

ilduclo 06.07.2017 04:30 PM

:) :) :)
Quote:

:)

!@#$%! 06.07.2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

The weather is shit enough where I live, you couldn't pay me to live in Scotland. Ireland? Nah, none of he decent gigs go by there.

But yeah, I'm dreading this election. If those pig fuckers win this time round we can say goodbye to the NHS.

o man. that would be fucked

you'd be like the USA but without the extra space

!@#$%! 06.09.2017 02:09 PM

i found today that libby's canned corned beef is a product of uruguay.

uruguayan beef! fucking fancy.

(or beef byproducts, whatever, i don't care)

about to get on the road for a few days yeah so packing that road protein

EVOLghost 06.10.2017 08:47 AM

Oooh road trip :)

!@#$%! 06.10.2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Oooh road trip :)

ha! yeah. i haven't been to a dunkin donuts in ages!

_tunic_ 06.20.2017 04:40 PM

Reminder:

Do not wear this shirt to work any more

I had many people staring strangely at me

!@#$%! 06.20.2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Reminder:

Do not wear this shirt to work any more

I had many people staring strangely at me

ha ha ha ha

tesla69 07.10.2017 08:12 PM

ARLINGTON, Texas — A suicidal man who had doused himself in gasoline became engulfed in flames at an Arlington home Monday after an officer used a stun gun on him, police said.
The officer who used the Taser on the man believed that the man was holding a lighter in his hand and was about to use it, police spokeswoman Sgt. Vanessa Harrison said at a news conference.
Harrison acknowledged the risk of using an electrical stun gun near gasoline, but said the man was “very frantic and erratic and became a danger to everyone in the room.”

_tunic_ 07.18.2017 12:49 PM

dude! Did you guys buy the new Ford already?

!@#$%! 07.18.2017 01:59 PM

ford? what? i'm sleepy after lunch. please clarify.

_tunic_ 07.18.2017 02:16 PM

dude man! you had spacecake for lunch? That's so awesome

!@#$%! 07.18.2017 02:19 PM

spacecream more like

fuck baking in summer

but my icecream machine lives on the counter for the season

!@#$%! 07.19.2017 09:01 PM

im throwing away a bunch of records

if mirror dash shows up here i might mail them to him for just the price of the postage

EVOLghost 07.19.2017 09:53 PM

I just did a mini purge from my collection. Moving to Seattle in like 2 weeks.

EVOLghost 07.19.2017 09:54 PM

I sort of want to get rid of my records. Just for the sake of space really.....but can't bein myself to do it.

!@#$%! 07.19.2017 10:03 PM

yeah i ended up tossing mostly the pop /discount bin shit. went on spotify to see if they were available. if yes = return to goodwill

i might try to sell some of the rest, if i have the patience (i don't have the patience)

seattle! NICE. got a job there already or are you winging it?

ps - and do you know people? i hear it's very hard to meet people in seattle

(though people suck. best to avoid them. ha!)

EVOLghost 07.20.2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

yeah i ended up tossing mostly the pop /discount bin shit. went on spotify to see if they were available. if yes = return to goodwill

i might try to sell some of the rest, if i have the patience (i don't have the patience)

seattle! NICE. got a job there already or are you winging it?

ps - and do you know people? i hear it's very hard to meet people in seattle

(though people suck. best to avoid them. ha!)

I'm sort of winging it. I have a nice amount of money saved up to hold me over should any emergencies occur....and a CDL(only Class C but still better than nothing) for EXTRA backup. And as far as knowing people. I actually know two doods up there already. Most people IRL suck anyway...so yeah...not too worried. I know a guy who is pretty bomb at SF3 so that's all I really need for now...other than my girlfriend. I'm in like a group chat thing(Discord) with my Chicago SF3 group...so I'll be in contact with them regularly as well...

!@#$%! 07.20.2017 08:35 AM

what... new girlfriend? or did the old one return?

EVOLghost 07.20.2017 09:11 AM

I'm back with the old one. We worked things out.

!@#$%! 07.20.2017 09:18 AM

oh. nice!

Severian 07.20.2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I just did a mini purge from my collection. Moving to Seattle in like 2 weeks.

Good for you! Hope you have a really good job or lots of roommates ;)

Severian 07.20.2017 10:15 AM

Oh... you should not wing it unless you're close to home and have a firm exit strategy if things get rough. Seattle is expensive, and if you don't have some peeps to live with it can be rough going.

I have a bunch of friends who still live in the city. Some are doing quite well, others have had a hard time. I trust you'll do fine, but still, I'd recommend securing a job right quick.

EVOLghost 07.20.2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Oh... you should not wing it unless you're close to home and have a firm exit strategy if things get rough. Seattle is expensive, and if you don't have some peeps to live with it can be rough going.

I have a bunch of friends who still live in the city. Some are doing quite well, others have had a hard time. I trust you'll do fine, but still, I'd recommend securing a job right quick.

Yeah....waiting on my resume from my friend. She's proofreading it n making changes....

I have a list of jobs that I'm going to send my resume to. I'm just really hoping I get a gig with transportation n logistics. That's where most of my skills are in.

EVOLghost 08.03.2017 08:37 AM

Yo. In Washington. Currently staying by the airport. Took us like 39 hours to get here(with stopping, walking dogs n stuff).gonna meet with some property managers today. Wish us luck!!!!

!@#$%! 08.03.2017 08:56 AM

break a leg buddy

_tunic_ 08.03.2017 12:15 PM

ha! I also wanted to say that. But seriously, now is the time to still brake a leg as long as you guys still have healthcare ;)

dirty bunny 08.20.2017 05:28 PM

I hate music nerds. Am I a music nerd?

Severian 08.20.2017 08:04 PM

Good luck in Seattle. If everything crashes and burns, I know many people there who would put you up. For serious. If you're cool. Hopefully that doesn't happen. But pm me if you lose everything or something. :)

Severian 08.20.2017 08:07 PM

I ended up getting that job I almost got, did for a while, then didn't get (then did get). Not much more money, but no more freelancing bullshit for this guy. It's been a while now, actually, but I forgot to mention it. Portfolio is starting to look pretty goddamn aces, as is my résumé.

!@#$%! 08.24.2017 01:24 PM

¡tengo frío por los ojos!

Severian 08.27.2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

¡tengo frío por los ojos!

Cold for eyes? What?

Is this a "Should I Stay or Should I go" reference or are you taking to me?

!@#$%! 08.27.2017 01:05 PM

yes ja ja ja

that song has some bad translation spanish choruses

so there's this argentinian band that sings it in spanish and retranslated sorta

as "i am cold around the eyes"

the original line was "should i cool it or should i blow"

which means "debo calmarme o largarme " i think (should i calm down or fuck off)

BUT the recording guy had a mom from ecuador they called for translations and she translated literally

"yo me enfrío o lo soplo" which is meaningless in spanish

but TENGO FRÍO POR LOS OJOS is hilarious and good

thanks to los fabulosos cadillacs, whom you know probably from their song of frequent use in many film sountracks, "matador"

Severian 08.27.2017 01:51 PM

Baaaha! Thought I was a Clash fan, but didn't know about this. Never paid attention to recording of the song, never paid much attention to the Spanish in the song, and also my Spanish is so rusty it's fallen off. Hah!

!@#$%! 08.27.2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Baaaha! Thought I was a Clash fan, but didn't know about this. Never paid attention to recording of the song, never paid much attention to the Spanish in the song, and also my Spanish is so rusty it's fallen off. Hah!

here's a bit of nonsense for your trivia collection

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_9e_LXRcxc

_tunic_ 08.28.2017 12:02 PM

so a few weeks back the following people were in my town, on the same night:
- Maradona !! he was watching the PSV football match
- Bryan Adams, yeah who cares I know. But still, kind of rare that he chooses to play a concert in my town instead of anywhere else
- Bruce Springsteen !!! Not sure what he was doing, probably having dinner. His daughter lives in a small nearby town. She's into horses and that town has many of them. And if he's visiting, they always go to this one Italian restaurant.

cool huh? Must be said that I was abroad when this all happened :-(
But still cool that I'm having the same pyama's as Maradona bought! :)
He spent maybe more than a month on football camp with the team from Saudi Arabia that he's now coaching, in a small town near Eindhoven. And he was in the press all the time, such as:
- he went shopping in local Hema department store and bought a pyama, but no sausage
- some events were organised where he would show up, like meet and greets, and of course he would not show up but cancel at the very last moment
- he would spend most of his time at the hotel bar