Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
al shabbray - We have the same in the UK, too - a right buncha shite.

Morning to ya Cantankers! How was the wedding?

didn't they just change the law so you have to be 18 to buy smokes now? i never had a problem getting them here in the US before i turned 18, so many people disregard that law.

wedding...drunken. i don't even know if i made an ass of myself but i probably did. i know ended up taking my shoes off at some point.

al shabbray 08.17.2008 07:53 AM

its sucks big times. especially when you havin an espresso or somethign while sitting inside of a cafe or something, I really wanna smoke from the bottom of my heart...
fuck all non-smokers who hate smokers, and the smoke in general, and FUCK THEM

MellySingsDoom 08.17.2008 07:54 AM

C - Yes, they did. Another piece of illiberal shite. Drunken weddings are the best...and drunken Irish weddings beats all hands down :D

al shabbray 08.17.2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
didn't they just change the law so you have to be 18 to buy smokes now? i never had a problem getting them here in the US before i turned 18, so many people disregard that law.

wedding...drunken. i don't even know if i made an ass of myself but i probably did. i ended up taking my shoes off at some point.

yeah they changed that too. I was wondering what happens with the 16 1/2 or 17 years old who already got fixed by the nicotina demon, and now they are illegal junkies...?

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 07:55 AM

ohhhhh like how you can't smoke in bars or restaurants here? yeah it's fucking stupid. it should be left up to the owner whether they want to allow smoking in their establishment, not the government.

MellySingsDoom 08.17.2008 07:57 AM

The same (UK) government who're happy to rape us smokers up the ass with ludicrously high taxes, and then spend said taxes on stuff I don't agree with. God, I hate this fucking Government so much...

al shabbray 08.17.2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

ohhhhh like how you can't smoke in bars or restaurants here? yeah it's fucking stupid. it should be left up to the owner whether they want to allow smoking in their establishment, not the government.

yes it sucks, a lot of small bars are closed now, cause nobody wnats to go out to have a smoke in the wintertime, freezing your ass while you could sit inside, warm, etc. a few months ago.
they already changed the law for small cafes under 75 qm, that they could decide it by themselves.

al shabbray 08.17.2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

The same (UK) government who're happy to rape us smokers up the ass with ludicrously high taxes, and then spend said taxes on stuff I don't agree with. God, I hate this fucking Government so much...

germany does it the same way. a box of 17 cigs is around 4 euro, plus minus 10 cents, depends on the label. thats hilarious. and the overall reason for it is the health blablabla. even the labels on the boxes are funny as fuck.
somethign like.
"if you smoke, you will die earlier" but written as a fact, hahahaha

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

the government here is no better
although really i don't think anyone likes their government
oh except inbreeding hicks here in good ol amerikkka.

but yeah the price of cigarettes in the UK is fucking ungodly although they're pretty expensive in new york. when i moved i went from paying $3 for a pack of 20 to $8 a pack.

to which i say :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

Pookie 08.17.2008 08:03 AM

If the obvious many plus points of a smoking ban weren't enough, annoying smokers is a massive bonus.

*Laughs long and hard at the whiners*

MellySingsDoom 08.17.2008 08:04 AM

MellyFeelsHungover:

(I got the Runaways "Live In Japan" through the post yesterday - complete with inserts etc. Not bad for £10/$20!)

EDIT - Hello Pookie :) *coughs and reaches for another Malboro high*

ploesj 08.17.2008 08:05 AM

i would post a picture with the mustache i have glued to my face, but my camera was stolen in barcelona.

as for the smoking: i don't mind a smoking ban in restaurants, being a non-smoker i hate having to smell smoke while i'm eating... i don't mind smoking in cafes though, we'll all get killed by something anyway.

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
Cantankerous, you should audition for America's Next Top Model! You only have to be 5'7". Tyra likes edgy girls. Hahah.

Unrelated, but I heard there is a transgender girl on the next season of top model. She's from Maryland and it's been on the news... that's how I know. Haha. She still has her penis too!

FUCK THAT FUCKING SHIT

i would get on it and then i would cut tyra up into little pieces.

al shabbray 08.17.2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

FUCK THAT FUCKING SHIT

i would get on it and then i would cut tyra up into little pieces.

that would be the second reason to do it

al shabbray 08.17.2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
i would post a picture with the mustache i have glued to my face, but my camera was stolen in barcelona.

as for the smoking: i don't mind a smoking ban in restaurants, being a non-smoker i hate having to smell smoke while i'm eating... i don't mind smoking in cafes though, we'll all get killed by something anyway.

I am getting killed faster by this:

then cigs. Ive eaten one of these in the past minutes and I fell like I am 10 years older. in every damn way

_slavo_ 08.17.2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
yep, me too, i don't know my exact sizings in your system, but i'm 93-64-95 (in cm).

yay for waists!

oh, I don't know why, but I always though you were super-tiny and skinny.

al shabbray 08.17.2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
oh, I don't know why, but I always though you were super-tiny and skinny.

super tiny....hahahahaha

dionysusundone 08.17.2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Do you have some kind of crazy nose ring in or something?

You're good looking :)

Yeah it's kinda hard to tell what's going on there, it's just my rings. (I have two because I can't get one out without taking pliers to it...and I'm lazy.)

Thanks!

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 09:15 AM

i look like my daddy

my mom said i wasn't even all the way out and she yelled "oh my god she looks just like you!" to my dad

and the first thing i did when he held me was flip him the bird. figures.

MellySingsDoom 08.17.2008 09:21 AM

"Get off me, Dad!" (A sweet story)

When I was born, I had a full head of silver hair...