Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

MellySingsDoom 08.17.2008 04:09 PM

ploesj - Canterkers is spot on - I bought a kick-ass full-length leather coat for cheapo dinero many years ago ( I still have it).

ploesj 08.17.2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
ploesj: charity shop is the way to go. you can find some of the coolest stuff second hand, and depending on where you go it's usually loads cheaper than buying it in a regular shop.

yeah sure, i bought a long black dress for 3,5 euros there a few weeks ago, that's nothing :P one lady once let me pay even less because i was wearing a tiara for fun and talking to her.

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
yeah sure, i bought a long black dress for 3,5 euros there a few weeks ago, that's nothing :P one lady once let me pay even less because i was wearing a tiara for fun and talking to her.

the people who own the shops or work there are usually lovely. i rarely buy brand new clothes.

ploesj 08.17.2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

the people who own the shops or work there are usually lovely. i rarely buy brand new clothes.

i also notice i hardly buy any clothes at all since i got a sewing machine and seriously start sewing.... when i see something i like i usually look at the price and think 'that's not worth it' or 'i can do that myself'.

the bad thing about being the only one around able to sew is that my mother wants me to repair all the boys' underwear.

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

i also notice i hardly buy any clothes at all since i got a sewing machine and seriously start sewing.... when i see something i like i usually look at the price and think 'that's not worth it' or 'i can do that myself'.

the bad thing about being the only one around able to sew is that my mother wants me to repair all the boys' underwear.

i wish i had a sewing machine, i've got the top part of a quilt from the seventies and i want to make it into a real quilt, not just the patchwork part of it.
i'm really good at sewing by hand though

ploesj 08.17.2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

i wish i had a sewing machine, i've got the top part of a quilt from the seventies and i want to make it into a real quilt, not just the patchwork part of it.
i'm really good at sewing by hand though

well so am i but it takes a long time to do big things by hand and i'm not patient enough for it... plus it's always useful to know how to handle a sewing machine. it actually got me a job.

i'm off to bed now, have to get up early for that job. bye!

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

well so am i but it takes a long time to do big things by hand and i'm not patient enough for it... plus it's always useful to know how to handle a sewing machine. it actually got me a job.

i'm off to bed now, have to get up early for that job. bye!

yeah. it takes so long and hand-sewn things tend to fall apart more easily.

king_buzzo 08.17.2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

i look like my daddy

you look like thurston moore there.

al shabbray 08.17.2008 05:18 PM

thats her daddy I think

Cantankerous 08.17.2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
you look like thurston moore there.

that's my dad idiot

incase the pajamas and decor from 1970 didn't tip you off on that one

OH YEAH and the fact that i'm not a boy.

MellySingsDoom 08.17.2008 05:26 PM

^^^Ha ha ha ha ha ha! king_buzzo just got his ass handed to him a plate with all the trimmings :D

I need more ciggies. Shall I get a pack of 10 or 20 Malboros?

al shabbray 08.17.2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
^^^Ha ha ha ha ha ha! king_buzzo just got his ass handed to him a plate with all the trimmings :D

I need more ciggies. Shall I get a pack of 10 or 20 Malboros?

always 20 but not marlboros go for gaulloises the blue ones

EMMAh 08.17.2008 06:03 PM

You can get packs of ten??

al shabbray 08.17.2008 06:07 PM

there was a time where could those packs in germany too, but they banned them for the reason that they are affordable to childen (sic)

demonrail666 08.17.2008 06:07 PM

You can, yes. Can't you?

demonrail666 08.17.2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
there was a time where could those packs in germany too, but they banned them for the reason that they are affordable to childen (sic)

That's hilarious.

Wow, I think Britain might be among the only countries that still sells them. I had no idea.

al shabbray 08.17.2008 06:10 PM

yes.
they were sold for around a year, after that banned, hahahaha how idiotic

✌➬ 08.17.2008 06:48 PM

Boredom.

✌➬ 08.17.2008 06:48 PM

✌➬ 08.17.2008 06:49 PM