Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Everyneurotic 06.27.2008 06:59 PM

i need to relax even if it kills me.

Cantankerous 06.28.2008 12:15 AM

tonight (last night technically as it's morning now) i've had THE BEST time of my entire life

naked swimming!!!!

HECKLER SPRAY 06.28.2008 03:21 AM

^^ Post a pic in the "Post a picture of yourself" thread, otherwise I won't believe you.^^

davenotdead 06.28.2008 03:21 AM

naked swimming does rule

greedrex 06.28.2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
tonight (last night technically as it's morning now) i've had THE BEST time of my entire life

naked swimming!!!!

hot

pics

now

Sonic Youth 37 06.29.2008 07:42 PM

I've discovered a love for ginger snap cookies.

I need to fix my Chucks, can't stand water leaking in.

Also, I fucking rule all at Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Cantankerous 06.29.2008 10:47 PM

ive noticed that belinda butcher dresses like such a mum these days, little sweaters and things
actually she didn't really last night
and she played some of the most mindblowingly gorgeous guitars i have ever seen in my life! i am so jealous.

oh well she still looks lovely. i can't believe she's close to 50.

acousticrock87 06.29.2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I've discovered a love for ginger snap cookies.

Who doesn't. I want some now.

nicfit 06.30.2008 04:01 PM

terriblecanyons 06.30.2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
is it ok to date an ex's best friend/best friend's ex, guys? i just want an opinion..

Only after a certain period of time or if it's okay with the parties involved.

acousticrock87 06.30.2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
is it ok to date an ex's best friend/best friend's ex, guys? i just want an opinion..

Some people can handle it, some can't. I wouldn't do it, but I know people who have and it turned out fine. Even after years, dating a best friend's ex can be really tough on the best friend, so be sure they're alright with it. It also depends on how serious the relationship was, though.

EMMAh 06.30.2008 04:27 PM

So, my mom is coming back from Toronto tonight and when I talked to her on the phone she asked about picking up food before she got home.

I was all, "I don't care if you get food or not." but now I'm starving and want to eat.

Now, I can either:

a) Make something to eat now and be full if my mom actually gets something for me.

b) Don't eat anything/starve until my mom gets home. If she doesn't have food for me than make some.

c) Eat something now and get when I get later if I get something later.

She shouldn't be too long now, I don't think...

terriblecanyons 06.30.2008 04:29 PM

I love heavy thunder-y late-afternoon rainstorms.

screamingskull 06.30.2008 04:32 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCOTLAND I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIE IN A HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

break up the land that joins us and drift far far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SUCK SUCH MAJOR ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i even prefer the french to you ASSHOLES!

HECKLER SPRAY 06.30.2008 04:42 PM

?????????

(thanks for the french;) )

acousticrock87 06.30.2008 04:43 PM

O_o

Wow.

screamingskull 06.30.2008 04:44 PM

sorry, but i have had bad experiences in france. I know i cannot judge the whole country on my three visits there but, its just a typical english thing to dislike the french, scottish, and irish. Kinda sad, but every now and then it gets justified.

The Scottish pissed me off today to the point where i was almost crying.

Rob Instigator 06.30.2008 04:48 PM

screamingskull 06.30.2008 04:50 PM

Amy Winehouse got described as "like an advert for malnourished horses" to TV last night. He he he he he he he he he he

Cantankerous 06.30.2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
sorry, but i have had bad experiences in france. I know i cannot judge the whole country on my three visits there but, its just a typical english thing to dislike the french, scottish, and irish. Kinda sad, but every now and then it gets justified.

The Scottish pissed me off today to the point where i was almost crying.

what have you got against my people?

i forgot why the english and the irish hate each other.

Rob Instigator 06.30.2008 04:56 PM

irish stayed catrholic when the english started the anglican church, and were persecuted and killed for it, then, then engladn became catholic again,. they persecuted the protestants and killed them and raped their women, then, when england became protestant again, they started back in on killing and torturing the "Papists" as they called them.

screamingskull 06.30.2008 04:56 PM

I don't know?, i have no personal grievances with the Irish (which i do with the scottish and the french). I have just grown up generally disliking them.

I think Ireland has its own problems without England getting involved with any of it. England hasn't been involved with it for a long time.

terriblecanyons 06.30.2008 04:57 PM

Kinda like the way Americans think the Canadians are snobs and the Mexicans are dirty bean-eating slobs I guess.

Cantankerous 06.30.2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
irish stayed catrholic when the english started the anglican church, and were persecuted and killed for it, then, then engladn became catholic again,. they persecuted the protestants and killed them and raped their women, then, when england became protestant again, they started back in on killing and torturing the "Papists" as they called them.

yeah that's right.

what a bunch of assholes.

acousticrock87 06.30.2008 05:00 PM

I don't think Americans actually dislike Canadians. We just make fun of them because they're irrelevant.

_slavo_ 06.30.2008 05:01 PM

Emmah, where are you now?

screamingskull 06.30.2008 05:01 PM

Bullshit.

to americans there seems to be this huge attractiveness of calling yourself Irish, or being proud to be 1/16th Irish. Where as here, being Irish is incredibly unattractive, at least amongst the people i have mixed with my entire life. A friend of mine is half Irish and half English, and she completely denies being at all Irish.

EMMAh 06.30.2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_

In a chair haha.

So my mom should also be bring me back that Nikon SLR I talked about ages ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Cantankerous 06.30.2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
Bullshit.

to americans there seems to be this huge attractiveness of calling yourself Irish, or being proud to be 1/16th Irish. Where as here, being Irish is incredibly unattractive, at least amongst the people i have mixed with my entire life. A friend of mine is half Irish and half English, and she completely denies being at all Irish.

my great grandmother has still got her accent. i have a teensy bit of norwegian (previously i thought german but i broke out the books) heritage on one side of my family and little else.

and i mean, come on. you don't need record books to figure it out. just look at me.

terriblecanyons 06.30.2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I don't think Americans actually dislike Canadians. We just make fun of them because they're irrelevant.

Yeah, that's true. Unless you're Denis Leary.

acousticrock87 06.30.2008 05:06 PM

I'm 1/4 Irish, and it's definitely something that people admire (well not admire, but "like" I guess) in America. Not sure why, though. Ireland is romanticized here, I think. Pubs and accents and greenery and Ulysses and whatnot.

Alcohol tolerance...

screamingskull 06.30.2008 05:08 PM

I am all for being proud of where you come from, its not something i have ever been able to express as it is quite widely seen as racist for a white english person to say that they are proud to be english.

But i don't embrace it, i am 1/4 Maltese and 1/4 Canadian, but i don't ever talk about it as it doesn't seem to matter or relate to anything i do in my life.

Cantankerous 06.30.2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

I'm 1/4 Irish, and it's definitely something that people admire (well not admire, but "like" I guess) in America. Not sure why, though. Ireland is romanticized here, I think. Pubs and accents and greenery and Ulysses and whatnot.

Alcohol tolerance...

i've been there twice and it's a really, really lovely place. i want to go back actually.

people of any heritage in america are usually proud of it, irish or not. though it isn't seen as racist there.

EMMAh 06.30.2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_

Okay, I get this now.

Yeah I dunno, I don't make fun of anyone for being from a specific place in the world. That's a tad ridiculous if you ask me.

We should all be proud of our heritage, and we should all judge people for who they are as a person and not where they're from.

acousticrock87 06.30.2008 05:10 PM

Maybe it's just because of America's cultural climate. Interesting cultures are simply admired for being interesting. No one is considered "American" by decent, unless you're a Native American, so everyone discusses their heritage. It's a bigger deal, I suppose.

_slavo_ 06.30.2008 05:10 PM

Hahaha Emmah, I thought you were like giving me shit in your first response about the chair and Nikon and stuff. like, a completely irrelevant dadaist respose. I laughed hard at it.

Cantankerous 06.30.2008 05:11 PM

america is not the mother country. no one's heritage is "american"

edit acousticrock already said it

acousticrock87 06.30.2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Okay, I get this now.

Yeah I dunno, I don't make fun of anyone for being from a specific place in the world. That's a tad ridiculous if you ask me.

We should all be proud of our heritage, and we should all judge people for who they are as a person and not where they're from.

Unless you're Canadian. :)

screamingskull 06.30.2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Alcohol tolerance...

Wow, strange. I have had people (Americans) tell me that they are Irish before, and then expect me to be all like "oh wow, how exotic" or something, ha ha ha ha. Maybe it is exotic for Americans, it certainly gives you more history than just being plain old American. But i always just think "You are an american, you were born in America, you were raised in America and educated in America, you are an American, deal with it"

_slavo_ 06.30.2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's just because of America's cultural climate. Interesting cultures are simply admired for being interesting. No one is considered "American" by decent, unless you're a Native American, so everyone discusses their heritage. It's a bigger deal, I suppose.

that's actually true. where you're lacking your own culture, you're trying to stick to someone else's one.