Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

EVOLghost 09.29.2019 01:38 PM

My buddy ran a little 2v2 tournament at the arcade. I got 2nd....lost to my friends cheap ass team. It was fun though. The idea is to match up bad players with good player to give better advice n shit.

My brother also invited me on a guys trip to like Cancún or some resorty place in Mexico. Sounds fun, but also also sounds grimey as fuck...so I’m gonna pass.

!@#$%! 09.29.2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
but also also sounds grimey as fuck...

:D :D :D

choc e-Claire 10.04.2019 02:08 AM

Hey, so I'm back now. Anything interesting happen while I was gone?

_tunic_ 10.04.2019 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

welcome back. I'm sure this will be a big relief for you :D
John Bercow insists he hasn’t been eating kangaroo testicles

choc e-Claire 10.04.2019 03:56 AM

I ate part of a kangaroo while on holiday! Probably not its testicles though.

!@#$%! 10.04.2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

nah. rancid ham kept lying for putin, i kept up the insults, he played victim. eh, fuck him :D

Quote:

I ate part of a kangaroo while on holiday! Probably not its testicles though.

you’d know if you had, hahaha

bull’s testicles are very tasty grilled btw. ram, less so. not sure about canguro.

choc e-Claire 10.06.2019 09:58 PM

Have just had a very interesting discussion at school on whether or not semen is vegetarian.

choc e-Claire 10.08.2019 07:27 PM

My friends have just found a bikini picture of one of their teachers on Facebook...

choc e-Claire 10.09.2019 08:02 PM

Finally getting into foobar2000 - I like it so far, although it means I'll have a lot of work to do to set up all my metadata just how I'd like it.

EVOLghost 10.09.2019 08:06 PM

‘Bout to hit up the arcade. It’s late for a weekday but a Japanese player is visiting Chicago this week! He’s living in NYC for now? I dunno, but he’s in town and we about to go fuck him up!

!@#$%! 10.09.2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Finally getting into foobar2000 - I like it so far, although it means I'll have a lot of work to do to set up all my metadata just how I'd like it.

ah you into s/m i see lol

why suffer? xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
‘Bout to hit up the arcade. It’s late for a weekday but a Japanese player is visiting Chicago this week! He’s living in NYC for now? I dunno, but he’s in town and we about to go fuck him up!

that’s awesome, reads like a flash fiction

choc e-Claire 10.10.2019 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ah you into s/m i see lol

why suffer? xD

That's a secret for me to know, and my gf to find out... :D

In all seriousness, this is just me being autistic and getting into these things. Whatever floats my boat, I suppose

tw2113 10.10.2019 01:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnPvnIKCJYA

_tunic_ 10.10.2019 04:17 AM

Reading the leaflet that comes with medication is so much fun. It says that when I end up in a coma (in case of overdose) I need to contact the doctor immediately.

choc e-Claire 10.10.2019 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
It says that when I end up in a coma (in case of overdose) I need to contact the doctor immediately.

"Have you ever been in an accident that resulted in your death?"

Bytor Peltor 10.11.2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

I don't feel like we're going to reach a middleground...

The noise artist that I was referring to, who was/is transitioning......they recently commented via social media that they were losing followers like crazy. They added, “girls don’t care about my music and guys don’t want to hear about my chick dick.”

Today, another noise artist who is/was transitioning has posted about the freedom they’ve felt since “coming out,” but are now realizing / seeing that their social media has shifted from about being an artist, performances and new music to constant updates about the new them. Sadly, they too are slowly realizing that many of their social media followers were following them because of their musicianship and not for the individual they are trying to transition in to.

I asked this last month:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Do you know of any musical artist who have stopped performing/releasing new material because it’s not truly “them” and will only do so once they have transitioned?

I haven’t unfollowed either one of the above I’m referring to. My hope is eventually they will start posting more about their music......if they even continue to make music?

choc e-Claire 10.14.2019 06:17 PM

I'm working on gradually appearing more feminine, I guess (weird to say this in regards to that above message). I wore some eyeliner to school today, which a few friends noticed ("nice guyliner, [necronym]" was something someone said, mildly sarcastically) - and I've written Claire on a few things I've handed up to teachers.

Antagon 10.14.2019 07:12 PM

^ Right on. Own it. And, cliché remark, I know. But maybe folks are just jealous. Eyeliner's awesome.

choc e-Claire 10.14.2019 07:20 PM

God damn, it's fun. I honestly only started wearing it after realising that I didn't want to spend $27 on a one-off for a dance, so I've been doing it on weekends.

I need to get better at it though, atm I feel like it's not close enough to my eyes at the bottom.

Antagon 10.14.2019 07:48 PM

Just had to do the whole currency conversion thing. Yeah, 27 bucks shouldn't be spent on a one-off. Most of the better quality eyeliner I bought around here went for about 13 bucks (already converted) and the cheaper ones were just shy of 4. Found even cheaper ones in a Goth store in NYC. They went for 99 US Cents each. But granted, all in pencil shape and I have no clue how environmentally friendly they are or if they were free of animal testing. That's certainly something to take into account, going forward.

Well, it's all in the practise, I'd say. Can't say I've gotten particularly good at it, even after a few years of applying it time and time again. But then again, I usually only apply subtle lines on my lower eyelid. And it's more of a thing I do for nightouts or events I'm hosting. I've received compliments for supposedly having very precise lines however, so I guess I'm not quite as bad at it as I would have myself believe. Anyway, little imperfections go completely unnoticed by others usually. And hey, don't little imperfections make life interesting?

choc e-Claire 10.14.2019 07:57 PM

Jesus christ, makeup is way expensive here. The downright cheap stuff I got last year was $6 (3.69 Euro, forgive me for not using your weird little symbol, it's not on my keyboard) and that sucked.
Admittedly this is the top-quality Maybelline stuff, it's super dark and played into my aesthetic really well (see here). But still, it's fun and fairly costly.

Honestly cannot wait until school is done and I can start making day trips into the city more often. It'll give me an excuse to get in drag (it's starting to get hot, so when I changed for work yesterday I saw my skirt in my drawers and thought "fuck that's tempting"), and I get to explore all the cool-ass shit Melbourne has to offer.

EDIT: Turns out I've overtaken you in the post count...lol

EDIT 2: As of this post, I'm tied for 130th with Chris Lawrence. I waste so much time.

choc e-Claire 10.15.2019 05:21 AM

I went on a lengthy rant in one of my Discord servers to try and encourage them all to listen to Sonic Youth.

The chances any of them will? Zero. But still, I tried.

EDIT: Turns out I'm the only person there who ever brings up the Yoof. Their loss.

EVOLghost 10.15.2019 10:57 AM

it be like that sometimes.

choc e-Claire 10.15.2019 07:01 PM

Got my exam schedule. I'm fairly happy with it, I think that I'll be able to get more comfortable with it as it goes on - there's only one day I have to double up, too.

ALIEN ANAL 10.17.2019 01:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDC...ature=youtu.be

I cant remember how to embed it but here is comething I have been working on

Hi Folks!

_tunic_ 10.17.2019 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDC...ature=youtu.be

I cant remember how to embed it but here is comething I have been working on

Hi Folks!

I don't think we can embed videos on this forum, but most importantly: that's a very impressive trailer! I know nothing about video editing etc etc, but I liked the flow of it and it's a definite improvement to the first concept you posted. It reminds me of Natural Born Killers

That Terminator trailer is very cool as well btw

lol, I watched Argo yesterday evening (it's 9:30AM in my timezone), and now I'm all confused about watching a trailer for a non-existing movie :D

EVOLghost 10.17.2019 02:03 PM

nsfw...

this has been on my mind a lot.

choc e-Claire 10.20.2019 08:58 PM

I might be hiding the hidden message "RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN" in a promo video my school was shooting today.

choc e-Claire 10.21.2019 07:00 PM

Trying to work out how to properly say goodbye and get some closure for someone who's leaving school.

!@#$%! 10.21.2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Trying to work out how to properly say goodbye and get some closure for someone who's leaving school.

choc e-Claire 10.21.2019 07:12 PM

Goddammit, all the bloody image hosting that doesn't show up at my school :mad:

!@#$%! 10.21.2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Goddammit, all the bloody image hosting that doesn't show up at my school :mad:

what about this one?

or this one??

tw2113 10.21.2019 07:40 PM

just eat their mouth, according to the gifs i'm seeing :P

!@#$%! 10.21.2019 08:03 PM

lol i grew up in a different century but yeah—when your teenage crush goes away forever you gotta make one final attempt or regret it forever

well just don’t make it assaulty.... is that a word?

choc e-Claire 10.21.2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
lol i grew up in a different century but yeah—when your teenage crush goes away forever you gotta make one final attempt or regret it forever

well just don’t make it assaulty.... is that a word?

It's not, but I get the point :D

It's not even like a crush (although I have felt for her before). We could've been really good friends, but we kinda drifted apart, and then I alienated her by being weird and uncomfortable about a different crush (who was her friend) - I just wanted to get to some kinda resolution in my own mind, see her off.
I think I did it, hopefully now I can stop feeling sad about her every few weeks.

---

Tomorrow's my first SYG birthday!

choc e-Claire 10.21.2019 09:45 PM

Apparently, there were 4 students with 'Gender X' registered for last year's Media exam in my state.

Bytor Peltor 10.22.2019 07:46 AM

”People Who Menstruate”......people menstruate?

Only Women Bleed

choc e-Claire 10.22.2019 02:28 PM

Bytor once again proving his class. Are you leaking out from the Trump thread? :fuckyou:

!@#$%! 10.22.2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Bytor once again proving his class. Are you leaking out from the Trump thread? :fuckyou:

yep, he’s a piece of shit and you have full confirmation

no need to “dialogue” with the dumb motherfucker—useless pursuit.

just stab and twist, stab and twist.

i know you can come up with good insults so pelt the bastard accordingly.

!@#$%! 10.22.2019 08:26 PM

and before someone calls me uncivil, or mumbles about nonsense, or cries like a victim, consider that there was no such thing as gay rights before the stonewall riots:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

now, related personal story: this is at the end of the last century not in the 60s

i was at the aids memorial quilt during one of the washington dc stops. im just sitting there, contemplating the massive scale of grief displayed, i mean it’s massive but it’s individual and intimate too, it blows your mind/heart.

suddenly a couple of religious nutbags shows up with their sin and god hates fags flags, claiming this was some bullshit divine retribution, bla bla bla.

well, as soon as the motherfuckers hit the edge of the park, i see the faces of people turning to them, and now they’re running up to them, surrounding them, and without laying a single finger on the jerks they just start yelling at them: “shame! shame! shame! shame!”

the fake christian hypocrites basically shat their pants on the spot and cowered the fuck away

remember that these troll types don’t show up to these places to dialogue, or to learn, or to exchange perspectives constructively.

they’re brainwashed and convinced and blocked off to outside knowledge, and are only here to troll and to fuck with you and to establish their supremacy by hurting you.

free speech is not really meant to engage in futile attempts at dialogue with disingenuous opponents who lie about their motives and never listen.

in cases such as this, free speech is also useful to tell unmitigated assholes to cunt off.

yes, insults are also ideas.

stab, twist, stab, twist.