Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sensational Fix - Book (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28953)

sarramkrop 06.16.2009 01:02 PM

I'm hoping those two copies remain there until I hit Charing Cross on Monday.

tesla69 06.19.2009 11:11 AM

Spoonbill on Bedford Ave in Williamsburg, Brooklyn has 3 copies up by the register, they're priced at $85 but the guy offered me a discount for cash - I don't know if they do mail order...

tesla69 07.01.2009 11:27 AM

I saw a pile in the window of a museum giftshop last week - I think it was the New Museum on Bowery. And Spoonbill still had 3 when I went over to williamsburg last week to score the Kilslug live lp.

whorefrost 07.01.2009 11:41 AM

I saw copies in this huge discount/second hand book store somewhere downtown, can't remember where exactly. It was about $60 if I recall and I'm kicking myself for not scoring a copy

tesla69 07.01.2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
I saw copies in this huge discount/second hand book store somewhere downtown, can't remember where exactly. It was about $60 if I recall and I'm kicking myself for not scoring a copy

most likely the Strand? I was in there Sat and they appear to be gone. best bookstore in the world.

whorefrost 07.01.2009 04:47 PM

aye, that might be it.. They have all the discount books piled up on tables at the front section, then the used stock arranged on tall library shelves up the back.. fuck I wish I had got a copy of that motherfucking book then and there.. in hindsight I could've afforded it but at the time I wasnae sure

pokkeherrie 07.01.2009 05:39 PM

Tonight I finally opened my sealed copy after getting round to cancelling my online order and getting my money back.

All I've got to say has already been said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennthebenn
Shit is epic.

whorefrost 07.02.2009 08:01 AM

OK fuck it. I'm buying it.

nicfit 07.02.2009 08:39 AM

you HAVE to if you can.

whorefrost 07.02.2009 11:31 AM

OK I did. FUCK IT. WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!!

whorefrost 07.02.2009 11:33 AM

or maybe not: Unfortunately the publisher has confirmed that the item(s) shown below are not currently available, but an item request has been placed with our suppliers so that we can fulfil your order.

I'm still haunted by holding the 60 dolla copy in my hand then setting it back down in the Strand...

Casey Burns 07.22.2009 04:14 PM

hey, if any of you guys are still seeing copies in stores near you and feel like doing me a huge favor, i can paypal you money for the book and postage, and i'll send you one of my new posters for the trouble. if interested, please email me at casey at caseyburns dot com. thanks!

DanielCarlson 07.22.2009 04:31 PM

Shit, I need this. Amazon UK seems to have it, but £57.99 is a lot of money.

nicfit 07.22.2009 04:47 PM

it's about to be reprinted with coloured 7"s! this time amazon should not mess up the orders, they assured they'll be more precise with the availability/exact amout of copies pressed...

http://sensationalfix.blogspot.com/2...blication.html

Casey, guess they'll add credits for your pieces in it too!

Casey Burns 07.22.2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
it's about to be reprinted with coloured 7"s! this time amazon should not mess up the orders, they assured they'll be more precise with the availability/exact amout of copies pressed...

http://sensationalfix.blogspot.com/2...blication.html

Casey, guess they'll add credits for your pieces in it too!

if they weren't credited the first time around, is there someone i should email my info to?

Still looking for a copy of the first printing, so if anyone can get me one, get in touch!

nicfit 07.23.2009 02:24 AM

I'd say the best thing would be emailing the curator (who's a very kind guy!) and make sure the corrections are..well..correct :D.
I'm not 100% sure your works were uncredited, I'll check later, but you can ask for infos/updates to the "info" mail for the publications:

sensationalfix at yahoo dot com ("modified" for anti spam purposes...I guess you can come up with the correct one :D).

radarmaker 07.23.2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCarlson
Shit, I need this. Amazon UK seems to have it, but £57.99 is a lot of money.

Unless the reprints are significantly cheaper, you'll struggle to find a better deal than that - they're around £80-£90 on eBay.

wim 08.15.2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radarmaker
Unless the reprints are significantly cheaper, you'll struggle to find a better deal than that - they're around £80-£90 on eBay.

i haven't read the whole forum, so it might have been said before, but they still have plenty of "first edition" books with 2 7"s at the malmo konsthall exposition, i got mine a few days ago for about 55 euros.

lovely book + exhibition!

Casey Burns 08.16.2009 04:33 AM

finally got a copy of the book, thanks to a friend in houston. i love it. it feels like a 700-page zine, and that's perfect.

nicfit, i emailed the address you posted above with my credit info, in hopes that i got it to him in time for the reprinting. thanks for that.

vulva 12.22.2009 06:25 AM

is there any places that have this book? I ordered it on amazon early this year, things got fucked and my order was cancelled on their end. I really want this =(