Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

MellySingsDoom 07.10.2008 07:28 AM

nicift - Me on Facebook, it's a worldwide thing. I was resistant to joining up on it, to be honest, until an old friend of mine who's been MIA for years told me he was on it. A good way to chat to people via messages and stuff, especially as a lot of people I know use that instead of MySpace these days.

Cantankerous 07.10.2008 07:29 AM

facebook > myspace

myspace is too hard :c

MellySingsDoom 07.10.2008 07:31 AM

Myspace is good for kepping up with bands and stuff (for tours etc), but the amount of spamming that goes on there pisses me off. Still, my myspace photo is a little gem - me pissed in a bar in Beijing in 1999.

Cantankerous 07.10.2008 07:32 AM

myspace seems archaic, somehow

facebook would be an iphone
myspace would be a satellite phone

MellySingsDoom 07.10.2008 07:34 AM

By the way Lady C - I vaguely recognise your signature pic...is that from the P Floyd "Live At Pompeii" film?

Cantankerous 07.10.2008 07:35 AM

why, yes it is.

█████████ 07.10.2008 07:36 AM

twitter is the new trend.

MellySingsDoom 07.10.2008 07:39 AM

Twitter > twatter

Cantanky - A good concert film that - very nice versions of "Echoes" and "A Saucerful Of Secrets". I also like the bits where they're recording "Dark Side...", and Roger Waters is playing around with a VCS3 analogue synth. Funniest comment fron D Gilmour: "I thought rock and roll was meant to contain feedback!".

Cantankerous 07.10.2008 07:40 AM

no no

"rock on"
"hmm, quite"

for some reason roger waters looked well sexy when he hit the gong and his t-shirt rode up to infinity or played bass. i can dismiss the muppet-horse face

MellySingsDoom 07.10.2008 07:46 AM

Yeah, that sounds much more like David Gilmour :D

Before I leave (work and all that) - dunno if you're interested, but did you see on the board a couple of days ago, that Robert Hampson is sorting out re-issuing "Heaven's End" and "Fade Out" on CD (plus the singles too). He's also putting out some T-shirts. Sounds good to me - it'll give me a chance to replace my knackered vinyl copies of the albums.

Cantankerous 07.10.2008 07:48 AM

david gilmour had bitchtits though
like he wasn't rly fat yet but he insisted on not wearing a shirt and you could totally see he was going to balloon out of proportion to the walking hunk of blubber he is now.

woo! looking forward to those reissues.

haha this sig is just to piss rob off.

Sonic Youth 37 07.10.2008 09:35 PM

Boredom......

Cantankerous 07.10.2008 09:52 PM

just what is it that you want to do?
we wanna be free. we wanna be free to do what we wanna do. and we wanna get loaded. and we wanna have a good time, and that's what we're gonna do. we're gonna have a good time. we're gonna have a party.

terriblecanyons 07.10.2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
david gilmour had bitchtits though
like he wasn't rly fat yet but he insisted on not wearing a shirt and you could totally see he was going to balloon out of proportion to the walking hunk of blubber he is now.

woo! looking forward to those reissues.

haha this sig is just to piss rob off.

Yeah, before he had bitchtits he was hot. Even still, if you try to ignore the bitchtits he was still hot. Sux that he gained so much weight and looks way too old for his age now.

Sonic Youth 37 07.10.2008 11:02 PM

I hate midnite TV, nothings on.

_slavo_ 07.10.2008 11:07 PM

Yes, facebook is alright. Good to find old friends and stuff.

max 07.10.2008 11:20 PM

a dude on the QOTSA forums posted this and I think I gotta share it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMayqIS-2Jw

2 words?
epic
fail

terriblecanyons 07.10.2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max

2 words?
epic
fail

How old is that kid, 14? What a cocky little bitch.
"If it's not bolted on, it's just a piece of shit"?
So I guess my Gibson Les Paul is a piece of shit. What a fucking dumbass.
I'm pretty sure I could get that tone out of my cheap squier 10 watt amp.

viewtiful_alan 07.11.2008 12:16 AM

My sig is better than yours

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
just what is it that you want to do?
we wanna be free. we wanna be free to do what we wanna do. and we wanna get loaded. and we wanna have a good time, and that's what we're gonna do. we're gonna have a good time. we're gonna have a party.

A fine sample from a great song, "Loaded" by Andrew Weatherall and NOT BY PRIMAL SCREAM. You hear that, Gillespie?

God, I'm such a bitch sometimes.

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
A fine sample from a great song, "Loaded" by Andrew Weatherall and NOT BY PRIMAL SCREAM. You hear that, Gillespie?

God, I'm such a bitch sometimes.

the only thing gillespie did was go "awwwww yeaaahh"

which is probably my favourite part in the song
but still

Quote:

Originally Posted by max

2 words?
epic
fail

one word

GHEY.

lol he's sitting with his legs crossed, obv
and the bare knee
no pants

fuckin i don't even fuckin...i don't even fuckin need that, i'm a fuckin god, i'm like, so, like, fuckin awesome MAAAAAAN

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 01:48 AM

Well, to be fair to the Scream, they did also contribute the big E chord in the breakdown (thank you Andrew Innes). However, I still wanna be a bitch :p

More irrelevance - am off tonight for a Turkish meal and to see Richard Youngs in Dalston. Can't wait! You and your man up to much today, Cantanky?

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 01:49 AM

not until later
i've just woken up and i don't feel very well

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 01:53 AM

Oh no, that sucks. Perhaps another power nap might sort you out. And just think, at least you don't have to go to work ;)

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 01:56 AM

i prefer the term "disco nap"

but a nap won't help, it's lower abdominal discomfort :(

a nappy, perhaps, but not a nap.

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 02:11 AM

Oh no, Cantanky! I wish I had the power to send you over some Immodium (stomach-settling medication) right now. I can kind of relate though - a couple of weeks ago, after a big drinking sesh between myself, demonrail, Glice and sarramkrop, I woke up the next day with an unsettled feeling in my stomach - needless to say , the phrase "world falling out of my backside" summed up that particualar Sunday...

I've never heard "disco nap" before, but will start using it now. Where do I send the royalties for using it to?

acousticrock87 07.11.2008 02:13 AM

The worst is having a stomach ache in class. Or at SAT-type stuff. Oh man...

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 02:13 AM

hmmm i don't know where you'd send those royalties
you can send them to me if you like :D

i need some immodium or pepto bismol or something, i feel as though i'm about to shit myself even though i know i won't, but it feels that way. fuck alcohol.

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 02:15 AM

Ok, I'll send the royalties to "Cantankerous/Miss Lilly, New York City, USA". You don't mind cheques written in British Pounds, do you?

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 02:16 AM

pounds are perfectly acceptable

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 02:19 AM

*Cantakerous in NYC, gets cheque*
*Looks at cheque, realises it post dated to year 2500*
"Melly you fuckwit, think you can outsmart me, eh? Well, missy britches, we'll see about that. Laser eyesight - full power! Aim for Clapham"

*Melly in Clapham, having a coffee and cigarette*
"Hmm, what a lovely day, look at the sky.....hey, what's those red glowing lines coming towards me?"
BRRRRRZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

acousticrock87 07.11.2008 02:20 AM

Wow.

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
*Cantakerous in NYC, gets cheque*
*Looks at cheque, realises it post dated to year 2500*
"Melly you fuckwit, think you can outsmart me, eh? Well, missy britches, we'll see about that. Laser eyesight - full power! Aim for Clapham"

*Melly in Clapham, having a coffee and cigarette*
"Hmm, what a lovely day, look at the sky.....hey, what's those red glowing lines coming towards me?"
BRRRRRZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

that would make a great film, wouldn't it?

MellySingsDoom 07.11.2008 02:24 AM

Yeah, it would, wouldn't it? We could call it "Tetsuo 3: Iron Lady".

Must get to work now. Take care of yourself, and hope you feel better later on today.

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 02:26 AM

have fun at work melly my darling!

Tokolosh 07.11.2008 02:44 AM

Go on, whore yourself.

Face Transformer

You can use the Perception Laboratory's Face Transformer to change the age, race or sex of a facial image, to transform it to the style of a famous artist, to make an exagerated caricature or even make an ape of yourself!

You will need to have a digital facial image in Jpeg or Gif format and a Java enabled browser.

For best results you should use a "passport-style" image of the subject facing the camera with the mouth closed and a neutral expression.

You can use any size image, but it will be rescaled to fit in a 640 by 480 pixel window and so this is the recommended resolution.

http://morph.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk//Tr...mer/index.html

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Go on, whore yourself.

Face Transformer

You can use the Perception Laboratory's Face Transformer to change the age, race or sex of a facial image, to transform it to the style of a famous artist, to make an exagerated caricature or even make an ape of yourself!

You will need to have a digital facial image in Jpeg or Gif format and a Java enabled browser.

For best results you should use a "passport-style" image of the subject facing the camera with the mouth closed and a neutral expression.

You can use any size image, but it will be rescaled to fit in a 640 by 480 pixel window and so this is the recommended resolution.

http://morph.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk//Tr...mer/index.html

you just made my life.

damn
i'm gonna look shit when i get old
the one of me as a black person is hilarioius

Mostly Harmless 07.11.2008 03:01 AM

Women and the munchies- two things that hopelessly inhibit yr better judgment.
Hungry and blazed, I was walking downtown with my associate, known affectionately as the Librarian. As usual I had about fifteen cents on me but I was dying for a meal. My mind became consumed with the idea of eating but the situation was so hopeless I settled on the undesirable reality that I'd have to walk the two and a half miles back to my house before I could obtain a decent meal.
And eureka, God did me a solid: through a street window I found a repast fit for an International Conference of Kings. “Phill! Don't!” screamed my associate, but I wasn't listening- I was already inside the campaign headquarters of the Mayor, a place teeming with the well-to-do senior citizens/baby-boomers who live off the blood of my kind, but walking into this minefield was a risk my stoned mind was willing to take for this feast of baked goods.
Librarian walked in and pulled on my arm to drag me back outside. Again he was too late- the Mayor of our small city had just spotted two young potential voters, and damned if he wasn't going to win us over to his side of our town's trivial politics.
Weed is funny. My associate had sufficient reason to be paranoid. He had danced with that sultry mistress Mary Jane and now faced the current mayor and former police chief. But the drug warped what should have been responsible caution to a terrifying superstition.
Weed is funny. I too had sufficient reason to be paranoid. But food had shocked good vibes through my mind, and besides, police-chief or otherwise this man could not possibly be an enemy, not with that firm handshake, quick grin, and down-to-earth ease of conversation. No fucking way. Being completely disarmed and high as fuck, I just chattered my little head off while my associate suffered a self-imposed case of lockedjaw. Before long I was slapping backs with this Champion of the People, and eating my fill of this sumptuous feast as the Guest of Honor.
And that's why whenever I walk downtown I walk with my head held high, because when my Mayor saunters his way through the downtown strip with his entourage he always saves my associate and me a big “Hello Phill! Those are my friends, Phill and his loyal sidekick Librarian!”

Tokolosh 07.11.2008 03:03 AM

It's too bad they don't have a botox option.

Post it, or it didn't happen.

Cantankerous 07.11.2008 03:04 AM

heh

i rly hope my kid turns out looking like this ("baby" option)