Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

Inhuman 11.05.2008 11:39 PM

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:10 AM

Here's me and Jade sitting in a pizza place eating dinner prior to Deerhoof:

Jade left, me right.

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:12 AM

More that I don't feel like rotating:

Sonic Youth 37 11.06.2008 12:27 AM

Are you attempting to gurn in the 1st one?

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:29 AM

I was puffing my cheeks out so much it actually started to hurt.
i look like a squirrel storing food for the winter.

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:30 AM

as for the :( one... I'm the only person I know who can actually project that emoticon.

Sonic Youth 37 11.06.2008 12:30 AM

Always a nice look.
Pizza and da Hoof, ace combo.

!@#$%! 11.06.2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
More that I don't feel like rotating:

crayons & schizo tear up orlando.

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:31 AM

Heck yes! We had chicken and ranch pizza and ... some sort of weird veggie pizza.
God, I loved Deerhoof. We never did get a picture with them, they were too busy.

!@#$%! 11.06.2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Heck yes! We had chicken and ranch pizza and ... some sort of weird veggie pizza.
God, I loved Deerhoof. We never did get a picture with them, they were too busy.

i heard much awesomeness ensued.

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:32 AM

Oh fuck yes.
One of the best shows I've been to. EVER.

!@#$%! 11.06.2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Oh fuck yes.
One of the best shows I've been to. EVER.

i believe that!!

Sonic Youth 37 11.06.2008 12:35 AM

I'd put Deerhoof in the Top 5 at least, if not Top 3.

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:36 AM

Me too.
And the fact that they're such nice people really adds to it.

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman

Marry me?

Sonic Youth 37 11.06.2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Me too.
And the fact that they're such nice people really adds to it.

True that. I wish I would have tried to meet them, but the crowd (read:hipsters in the crowd) were pissing me off and I needed to leave before I glassed someone.

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:38 AM

We got there about 5 hours early and they were in the middle of a soundcheck, so we just chatted for quite a bit afterwards.
Satomi is my hero.

AND OH GOD HIPSTERS!!! SO ANNOYING.

Sonic Youth 37 11.06.2008 12:43 AM

Ah, that's key, I suppose. I had classes so I couldn't get there early.
Yeah, mainly some douche whom I referred to as "Captain Hairspray" because he looked like Jack Sparrow (strange pirate-inspired facial hair) with his hair teased and sprayed into a huge mass of volume and he was also wearing a decade old DARE shirt. He and this strange hipster/goth/Dead-Head hybrid with dreads felt the need to do something akin to Line-dancing the entire show, thereby taking up the about a 5 foot square space. Times like that is when I enjoy violent crowds. I can deal with being shoved and elbowed much better than I can just hipster doucheness.

Inhuman 11.06.2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Marry me?

Will do

I never knew that you and Jade were real-life friends until now. Board member collab pictures = tha bomb

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Ah, that's key, I suppose. I had classes so I couldn't get there early.
Yeah, mainly some douche whom I referred to as "Captain Hairspray" because he looked like Jack Sparrow (strange pirate-inspired facial hair) with his hair teased and sprayed into a huge mass of volume and he was also wearing a decade old DARE shirt. He and this strange hipster/goth/Dead-Head hybrid with dreads felt the need to do something akin to Line-dancing the entire show, thereby taking up the about a 5 foot square space. Times like that is when I enjoy violent crowds. I can deal with being shoved and elbowed much better than I can just hipster doucheness.

Hahahahaha. There were these whores high on something taking up at least a good 10 feet of space from their sporadic crackhead dancing, and all these kids with expensive cameras thinking they were hot shit were huddled by themselves, taking pictures with obnoxious flash and getting in front of my face.
Good times though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Will do

I never knew that you and Jade were real-life friends until now. Board member collab pictures = tha bomb

Yeah! We've known each other since I was 11, believe it or not. We were reunited last year.