Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Photography Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=328)

ploesj 02.18.2009 07:56 AM

i just posted a whole lot of new concert shots on my blog... but can't be bothered to upload them again and post them for a second time (i can't post pictures from the blog blah blah)

if you're interested, they're to be found here

(the link is in my signature too but i'll just play safe...)

greedrex 02.19.2009 08:58 AM

^^ this looks like an amazing trip but its DEFINITELY ain't for me. I'm a pussy with bugs and what not. Gives me the creepy creeps.

_slavo_ 02.19.2009 09:15 AM

I'm really keen on travelling and already have seen a fair deal of the world but I really never wish to go to Africa, the reason being basically the same what greedrex said. Bugs, dirt and diseases - no thanks.

greedrex 02.19.2009 09:19 AM

yeah nasty shit.
Landscapes and wild animals are a must though.
South Africa?

_slavo_ 02.19.2009 09:21 AM

Madagascar is pretty temtpting.
I prefer Asia though.

✌➬ 02.19.2009 09:22 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Africa, it looks like a place to explore.

demonrail666 02.19.2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Africa is not for sissies. :)

Indeed. How did you find it in terms of safety? I've heard that S'th Africa especially can get a bit sketchy. I assume you made it back with both kidneys.

greedrex 02.19.2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Trust me, you wouldn't like it there. The island is infested with giant cockroaches, cholera and some of the most dangerous snakes on the planet.

oh shit:eek::eek::eek::eek:

demonrail666 02.19.2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

... naive football fans going to the world cup next year. Be careful or be dead!

Yeah. They'll no doubt set up quite self-contained hotels to keep them away from any local threats but even so. That whole tournament looks like its going to be a nightmare in terms of security.

MellySingsDoom 02.19.2009 09:51 AM

Tokolosh, your pics are well impressive - that must have been a hell of a trip. I would love to do something like that.

pokkeherrie 02.19.2009 09:56 AM

Looks like an awesome trip, Toko!

Ah, and Slavo, if you didn't see any bugs in Southeast Asia then you weren't really there! ;)

ploesj 02.19.2009 10:03 AM

tokolosh: wooooow

demonrail666 02.19.2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

The 8-9 stadiums will be ready on time, but the infrastructure...

I'm afraid that most of the "safe" hotels are already fully booked and the late comers will die looking for a place to stay in the downtown area if they don't know the city.

If you plan on going, don't even bother looking for pub after a game in Hillbrow. You'll go home in a bodybag.

It's completely ridiculous. UEFA were the ones who gave the green light to S'th Africa hosting the tournament, now they're advising 'extreme caution' to fans wanting to go to it.

And yeah, it's the between and after match periods when fans start 'exploring' that's gonna be the real problem. This tournament could seriously end up ruining UEFA's credibility altogether.

nicfit 02.19.2009 10:39 AM

Nice pics toko! I want to go to Island, australia, then SA.
Guys, about the uefa cup, ok, those are "dangerous places", but I guess there will be more police/security than supporters around the main areas during the cup....unless they're searching for a reason to disband ueafa altogether ahh a.

demonrail666 02.19.2009 10:58 AM

I think that's inevitably what will happen, which will put an enormous burden on the S'th African police who will have enough trouble separating rival fans without also having to isolate them from local dangers. I imagine those cities that'll be hosting the games will be a nightmare during that month, both for the fans and the residents.

Phlegmscope 02.19.2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
the canon g10 has hot shoe.. but seems to be around US 500. I dont know what you consider cheap... its good value non SLR though, fairly compact, lots of features, even has manual focus, great image quality etc.

I should be getting the g9 soon, found a good deal and hopefully it's what I was looking for.

Torn Curtain 02.22.2009 07:19 PM

_slavo_ 03.02.2009 05:59 AM

Some snapshots from Rome:

terminal pharmacy 03.03.2009 06:40 PM

terminal pharmacy 03.07.2009 08:45 PM

some japanese roast pork i made last night