Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

demonrail666 02.25.2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the endless costume epics that anglo fucks keep shoving down our throats every fucking year

Just think of it as payback for the whole crisps/chips thing..

Severian 02.25.2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
he literally just said cuz it was escapist non-serious bullshit?

in this here house we larffed at the magical princess being appointed to basically run it all

#nepotism

Like I said, just clarifying.

Honestly, it’s not like they’re unrelated — fantasy haha and reality wah wah. One is almost always a metaphor for the other, as the empire in BP is symbolic of real life cultural hegemony.

I’m just asking questions. Y’all flippin’ out and I’m just conversing.

Severian 02.25.2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
not really

Yah. Different point. Burning down monarchies is different than not giving a shit about them in Black Panther.

!@#$%! 02.25.2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I’m just asking questions. Y’all flippin’ out and I’m just conversing.

Severian 02.25.2019 04:10 PM

No need to get testy.

!@#$%! 02.25.2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

No need to get testy.

lmao

ilduclo 02.27.2019 07:24 AM

So, check out the Finnish metal comedy, Heavy Trip, it’s really funny and the music is pretty good, too. the filmmakers obviously love metal.

dirty bunny 02.27.2019 08:14 AM

Mannequin. I like 80s movies. And 80s music. Movies like this were just silly and fun. Dumb, often. But they had some heart and some funny moments.

Rob Instigator 02.27.2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

So you want them destroyed, just not in Black Panther.

I might sound like a dick, but I’m just trying to clarify.

;)

Nope, you just sound ignorant of the difference between fictional stories and the brutality inflicted upon regular human beings by the "high and mighty" inbred fuckos that humans have been calling royalty for the last 2000 years.

black panther was NOT a bio-pic....

Rob Instigator 02.27.2019 10:40 AM

CBS sunday morning had a profile of Angie Dickinson.

Yesterday, after Jury duty my wife and I watched this to see how "quite loud" Michael Caine was gonna get. films in 1980 showed some good stuff right away.

This one had close up breasts, masturbation, furry bush, naked men and women, a woman being eaten out in a cab while cabbie looks, etc etc, all in first 15 minutes! hahhahahahahha

Severian 02.27.2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Nope, you just sound ignorant of the difference between fictional stories and the brutality inflicted upon regular human beings by the "high and mighty" inbred fuckos that humans have been calling royalty for the last 2000 years.

Lol. Yeah, ignorant. Way to nail it.

Nah, really I was just trying to figure out if your contempt extended to metaphorical and fantasy-based examples of patriarchy/hegemony/imperialism. Because honestly, I could not tell.

But sure, be a dick about it.

Quote:

black panther was NOT a bio-pic...

:eek:

Thanks for clearing that up. I can see how my calling it fantasy, metaphorical, etc. would have led you to believe that I thought it was real. On me, totally.

Me ignant.

choc e-Claire 02.28.2019 02:43 PM

Dodgeball, starring Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn.

I know that this is, surely, a terrible movie. But it had a few lines good enough to make me laugh, so it wasn't a wasted evening.

"You are a skid mark on the underpants of society." :D

tw2113 02.28.2019 04:06 PM

Dodgeball is a good one for me to feel no shame appreciating.

Same with Zoolander. So stupid it's awesome.

choc e-Claire 02.28.2019 04:10 PM

Surely this is a movie that has no subtle directorial subtexts.

demonrail666 03.01.2019 10:13 AM

Road House

I'm never gonna pretend this is a great movie (whatever that is) but it rates very high on my list of guilty pleasures.

!@#$%! 03.01.2019 11:00 AM

oh hahaha the bar bouncer yeah? i remember that movie. fites? was a fun one as i recall

-

btw found “the witch” on netflix finally. have not had time to look at a lot of movies lately but added to list. creepy lookin pilgrims!

demonrail666 03.01.2019 11:09 AM

The Witch is an ok film that's easy to lose interest in, but stick with it to the end. No spoilers but the ending is great.

Severian 03.01.2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
The Witch is an ok film that's easy to lose interest in, but stick with it to the end. No spoilers but the ending is great.

Yah, agree. Good shit. Ending comes perilously close to being corny, but dodged it and lands the mood, in my opinion.

I enjoyed the whole thing, but I went in with an understanding that it was going to be about rigid puritanical belief systems and the psychology of fear. So I didn’t get bored. I was sucked in.

!@#$%! 03.01.2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

i see sev’s name below so im gonna AVERT MY EYES until i do

if he were a jewel thief he’d leave clear figerprints all over the glass cases :D

Diesel 03.01.2019 11:48 AM

I enjoyed the VVitch. Grammar yea! VVolkswagon... Wegetables... VVestons cider...

Films i've witnessed recently:

Play. Swedish film delving into the mind manipulation of the teenage bullying...scene. This is probably the most accurate portrayal of what is feels like as a young child to feel intimidated by an older group, with some immigration paranoia thrown in. A very still-shot production with hardly any camera rotation mainly relying on actors entering and leaving what is mostly throughout a single shot take.

In Syriated. Awful pun title giving a clue for a mediocre tale revolving around life trying to survive in war torn Syria. Blonde muslim out of 10.

Heaven knows what. One of the most realistic depictions of drug addiction set to film. During filming some cast members were high on meth trying to come down from heroin addiction. Some have warrants out for their arrest for drug related offences. Like Play this movie resonates for a long time afterwards.

American Honey: I watched this because one of the junkies from Heaven knows what is in it. Ultra redneck realism gives way to modern hip-hop waster druggie culture. Leboeuf ...

Snake Dog, this is not a film but, it should be.