Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

otearai 02.24.2010 10:26 AM

bulgarian. in bulgarian otearai is pronounced like отеарай.

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otearai
bulgarian. in bulgarian otearai is pronounced like отеарай.

cool. I always have respect for people of other nations that can speak "American". It is a hard language to learn, even for us. Especially when you add in all of our diverse slang terms. I tried to learn French. Did'nt go over so well.

otearai 02.24.2010 10:43 AM

hah, funny. when i was in FL some years ago everyone where saying the same thing. it's strange for me, because here everyone beneath 50 are supposed to speak english and often one more language.

_slavo_ 02.24.2010 10:52 AM

same here. without knowledge of foreign languages, you're lost here.

knox 02.24.2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
cool. I always have respect for people of other nations that can speak "American". It is a hard language to learn, even for us. Especially when you add in all of our diverse slang terms. I tried to learn French. Did'nt go over so well.

is not that hard, compared to other languages.
especially not for you.
i don't see how someone who doesn't speak more than one language can begin to discuss how hard a language is to learn.
speak "american". respect. as long as you do, ill never have to learn anything else, so respect.

what i mean is, everytime you comment on something, i find it amazing.

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
is not that hard, compared to other languages.
especially not for you.
i don't see how someone who doesn't speak more than one language can begin to discuss how hard a language is to learn.
speak "american". respect. as long as you do, ill never have to learn anything else, so respect.

You only see what you want to. You are just looking for a reason to criticize me. I have tried to learn other languages (french and spanish) from what I learned they have rules that are pretty strictly followed in the language. Concerning the English language in America, there are exceptions to nearly every rule and you have to memrorize those exceptions. Some words and letters have no logical sense as to the way they should be pronounced in context. Thus, making it very difficult to totally master the language.

Besides I was not addressing you anyway I was talking to someone nice.

"speak "american". respect. as long as you do, ill never have to learn anything else, so respect." I do not understand what language you are speaking. That phrase made absolutely no sense to me.

Where are you from? America?

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox

what i mean is, everytime you comment on something, i find it amazing.

Then don't fucking read it!

knox 02.24.2010 11:21 AM

see, amazing AND insightful.

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 11:22 AM

You never answered my question. Where are you from?

knox 02.24.2010 11:27 AM

isn't that irrelevant to this conversation?

it wouldn't make you sound smarter if you knew.

ni'k 02.24.2010 11:28 AM

edit

sounds like you don't want it know so i edited.

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 11:30 AM

I unlike you do not care about sounding the smartest. I just get the feeling that you are not American and therefor have no real insight on pretty much everything that you spew out. And by you avoiding the question, it pretty much confirms my suspicions.

knox 02.24.2010 11:33 AM

We're not american, therefore we can't comment on the English language? I see.

Oh, and yes I am not american. God spared me.

ni'k 02.24.2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I unlike you do not care about sounding the smartest. I just get the feeling that you are not American and therefor have no real insight on pretty much everything that you spew out. And by you avoiding the question, it pretty much confirms my suspicions.

seriously...

you really think this like this?

seriously.

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 11:44 AM

Still avoiding the question I see.

Point is. I don't judge other nations policies, ideals, beliefs because I am not from there and I don't know enough about them to do so.

you must be having one of those days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tfyLbin9gs

me too.

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
seriously...

you really think this like this?

seriously.

It's like dogs telling cats how to meow

seriously

knox 02.24.2010 11:46 AM

but we're talking about the English Language.

And yes, yes you do. And you shouldn't.

atsonicpark 02.24.2010 11:57 AM

Gonna start a band called "Truthers".

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 12:00 PM

You are still not answering the question.
I don't hide where I am from or who I am.

I just came on here to kill some morning time and thought I'd comment to the nice bulgarian guy with a totally innocent non political, non religious statement.

Then you gotta stick your wretched little nose in and make a judgemental nasty comment towards me.

It is obvious that you just wanted to pick a fight with me and prove me wrong so all of yr internet geek friends think yr intelligent and well spoken.

You think I should not be on SYG because I am christian?
You can't believe such things are posted here?

You are WRONG! I belong as much as you do. My opinion is as important as yours. So if you think my opinion is "irrational" or you are "amazed" you can say the same about yrself.

I mean, get a life. Do you just fight with everyone all day? No wonder yr on the internet so much, your probably a downer to everyone around you.

SONIC GAIL 02.24.2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Gonna start a band called "Truthers".

Give me some TRUTH:)