Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

phoenix 03.10.2010 07:59 AM

do you think that way because it seems illogical, or because you have tried to open yourself to interpreting imagery and other sensations in your life and failed?

Pookie 03.10.2010 08:06 AM

Ah the old trick of accusing the accuser. You think it works because you want it to. If you had an open mind then maybe you would be a little more sceptical.

There are plenty of explanations as to why tarot appears to work.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.10.2010 08:09 AM

Hey, Phoenix

Did you ever get that Tarot of the Dead deck?

phoenix 03.10.2010 08:14 AM

not sure what you mean by *works* / *work* cards on their own are inanimate objects.

I consider myself very open mined.. To math, science, the universe, and my connection to it.

phoenix 03.10.2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Hey, Phoenix

Did you ever get that Tarot of the Dead deck?

No i actually haven't bought any new ones in about two years. Not sure what i want next anyway.. If i find something that is touching i buy it. Just have not seen any new cards i've wanted to use lately..

Pookie 03.10.2010 08:20 AM

Your nitpicking over my wording leads me to the conclusion that you're not up for a chinwag on the subject (I seem to be slowly turning cockney:eek:), which is fair enough.

I've been reading a lot lately about human evolution and the part superstition has played in it. Really fascinating.

phoenix 03.10.2010 08:31 AM

switching the light on and off three times or else you will get hit by a car is a little different to learning to listen to more than what you hear and observe more than what you see. . My point of view at least.

phoenix 03.10.2010 08:32 AM

i'm semi happy to talk about it. Discussions of *your point of view is twattery* don't do much for making me want to spend any time typing.

Pookie 03.10.2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
switching the light on and off three times or else you will get hit by a car is a little different to learning to listen to more than what you hear and observe more than what you see. . My point of view at least.

Actually a whole lot more similar than you would think. It certainly has as much basis in truth. Superstition is superstition no matter what name you give it, how long it's been around or whatever complex rituals you attach to it.

phoenix 03.10.2010 08:41 AM

disagree wholeheartedly.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.10.2010 08:54 AM

How many decks do you have altogether?

knox 03.10.2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Actually a whole lot more similar than you would think. It certainly has as much basis in truth. Superstition is superstition no matter what name you give it, how long it's been around or whatever complex rituals you attach to it.

I'm OCDish. I used to brush my each tooth 23 times of something bad would happen. But then I didn't, and bad things kept happening.

It doesn't change the agony of misaligned shoes, but that's just peace of mind.

Keeping It Simple 03.10.2010 04:13 PM

I entered a village pub today and was surprised to discover the barmaid is American. Something which is unheard of in the UK. As far as I know she could be the only American woman in the UK working as a barmaid! Not that I'm complaining. She's attractive, blonde, and has a figure many women younger than her would die for! I noticed on a table a pile of glossy fashion magazines, which made me suspect she may be a retired fashion model. A retired fashion model who either decided to run a pub in a village in the UK or married an English guy who she helps out run his pub.

Keeping It Simple 03.10.2010 04:26 PM

Thinking about it, the barmaid looked a bit like Traci Lords!

knox 03.10.2010 05:24 PM

its more like "wishicouldhavebeenamerican" britishness in this case.

static-harmony 03.11.2010 02:54 AM

Pookie 03.11.2010 12:30 PM

phoenix 03.12.2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
How many decks do you have altogether?

five at the moment. most of the time I use just the same two or three.

ploesj 03.12.2010 11:38 AM

i'm building a paper toy theatre and it's so much fun!

phoenix 03.12.2010 02:18 PM

fuck 6am. Serious.