Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

noisereductions 02.05.2017 10:10 AM

I think there's just extended banter from Unplugged. But yeah I'm w/ you. Deluxe versions of all, plz.

Severian 02.11.2017 10:30 PM

Beep beep, who got tha keys to tha Jeep? Vrrrrrrrm

pepper_green 02.11.2017 11:56 PM

^^Naw, fuck that shit.

Sam Cooke - Live at Harlem Square Club. that voice. it feels good. heals souls yo. if you don't like Cooke then yr an asshole.

PLips 02.12.2017 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian

Beep beep, who got tha keys to tha Jeep? Vrrrrrrrm

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpg/cd61619fad9db7040f8a84f8f2cdd23c19b7e156_r.jpg

pepper_green 02.12.2017 03:10 AM

you should come up with a scary anti-smoking ad for me. i'll send you money and a demo.

PLips 02.12.2017 03:14 AM

I have a confession to make...

In the 20aughts I worked on two seasons of Celebrity DeathMatch as a stopmotion animator. I animated on match between Gwen Stefani and Missy Elliot with some other animators. I had to do a take 2 of someone else's decapitation scene of Missy by Gwen and I didn't have Missy's head fly bigg-e-nough into the camera. The shot was still approved because they said they could make it bigger in post production if they really had to. Because of this Missy got a disease where her eyeballs bulged out of her head.

I am sorry for this but our director even told us in our second run MTV was asking for hamburgers and we were giving them steak. I worked to try to make up for Missy with some propagandas and I know her life has been a lot tougher than Gwens so I hope we can be cool now.

pepper_green 02.12.2017 03:31 AM

your going the one way and im going the other.

3:00 in the morning and Miss Eliot can suck it.

missy Elliot and iggy azalea would be a good match. that show never served my fantasy of Petty and John Mellencamp.

Severian 02.12.2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
^^Naw, fuck that shit.

Sam Cooke - Live at Harlem Square Club. that voice. it feels good. heals souls yo. if you don't like Cooke then yr an asshole.

I like Sam Cooke and also I'm an asshole.

Severian 02.12.2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
your going the one way and im going the other.

3:00 in the morning and Miss Eliot can suck it.

missy Elliot and iggy azalea would be a good match. that show never served my fantasy of Petty and John Mellencamp.

Who is Iggy Azalea? (In case you missed it, a nation-wide decision has been made to "forget" that whoever you're talking about ever existed).

I don't know much about Missy after she blew up and became a mainstream queen and a judge for voice shows or whatever. But in 1997, "The Rain" was one of the dopest tracks in existence, and you goddamn well know it.

Seriously, I don't really listen to Missy. I only know a few of her songs from after the Supa Dupa Fly album, and I don't know them well enough to say whether they're good, good-in-a-ba-way, bad-in-a-good-way, or just bad. That shit happened when I was actively avoiding pop culture. But that first album was a stunner. It's weird as hell, a bit like Busta's The Coming, and it predated The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. Timbaland was the dude back then.

pepper_green 02.12.2017 01:13 PM

I imagine Sam Cooke floating through life. he never walked. I can guarantee that. he's angelic.

Genteel Death 02.17.2017 06:06 AM

https://waitingroomrecords.bandcamp.com/
SUBNORMAL GIRLS - DIY​/​POST PUNK 1979​-​1984 - VOLUME 2

noisereductions 02.17.2017 11:45 PM

New Ryan Adams. Like it a lot.

betweenthebars 02.18.2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
New Ryan Adams. Like it a lot.

I've really wanted to like each Ryan Adams album since 29, but they've all fallen flat for me. Well crafted songs, but something that was previously there is missing. Prisoner is no different for me.

guest 02.19.2017 07:06 AM

guest 02.19.2017 07:18 AM

Blood_Promise 02.19.2017 07:28 AM

Jandek - Somebody in the Snow

Genteel Death 02.19.2017 04:49 PM

angel face - pride (1985)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPbuPKQe54

Severian 02.19.2017 06:06 PM

Prince, "I Would Die 4 u" ... was listening to Emptyset earlier. Before that, John Lennon.

Been a weird day.

The Soup Nazi 02.19.2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Prince, "I Would Die 4 u"

https://gatemm.bandcamp.com/album/prn

betweenthebars 02.19.2017 08:36 PM

ESP OHIO - Starting Point of the Royal Cyclopean

(Robert Pollard, Doug Gillard and a solid rhythm section)

Severian 02.19.2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

HOLY FUCK!

The Soup Nazi 02.21.2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

HOLY FUCK!

I've mentioned Gate's PRN before (best of 2016 thread and shit)... I should have included a very important warning, though: if you're using Windows, do NOT create a folder named "PRN". That name is reserved for printing shenanigans only and you'll get locked out of it, unable to delete it or move it or anything, unless you get jiggy with DOS and regain control of the folder. I've been there, it's a bitch, you've been warned.

Severian 02.21.2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

I've mentioned Gate's PRN before (best of 2016 thread and shit)... I should have included a very important warning, though: if you're using Windows, do NOT create a folder named "PRN". That name is reserved for printing shenanigans only and you'll get locked out of it, unable to delete it or move it or anything, unless you get jiggy with DOS and regain control of the folder. I've been there, it's a bitch, you've been warned.

HAAAAHA!!! "If I use Windows," he says... then describes this ridiculous programming glitch that could ONLY happen with fucking Windows.

Bitch please, no I don't use Windows :cool:

Severian 02.21.2017 06:45 PM

Thanks for the link though. I kind of feel like I may have checked out the album based on your rec previously, but ... well, that's the thing with streaming. You have access to everything, which kind of means you have nothing. Very hard to keep track of what you have and haven't listened to when you don't have an album as proof.

But HOT DAMN THAT'S A KILLER FUCKING COVER OF MY FAVORITE PRINCE SONG OF ALL TIME!!! If you had told me what it was going to sound like before I listened, I would have said, "Fuck that, it's gonna eat shit." But it is legit, absolutely.

The Soup Nazi 02.21.2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Bitch please, no I don't use Windows :cool:

About... I dunno, 20 years or so, there used to be a TV show here in which three (or was it four?) technerds would give "advice" to viewers who called in and described their computer problems. Their answer would inevitably end up being "Switch to Linux". "Uhhhh... Yeah, no, dude, I just wanna know how to plug in this new mouse I bought". "Switch to Linux. Next caller please...".

Severian 02.21.2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

About... I dunno, 20 years or so, there used to be a TV show here in which three (or was it four?) technerds would give "advice" to viewers who called in and described their computer problems. Their answer would inevitably end up being "Switch to Linux". "Uhhhh... Yeah, no, dude, I just wanna know how to plug in this new mouse I bought". "Switch to Linux. Next caller please...".

Wait, Linux? No, you misunderstand. I am not *that* guy. No sir. Hah.

Nah man. Mac OS. Why? Because I have shit to do and no time to fuck around with open source shit.

Imagine me as Frank in Blue Velvet laughing at Window and Linux for being Heineken, and shouting "MAC O S!" in your ear.

Also iOS 10.

My Mac and

latorami 02.22.2017 06:31 AM

C.C.C.P Fideli Alla Linea - Curami

a total (Italiean) post-punk banger. Too bad that the singer is now a center-right christian...

The Soup Nazi 02.22.2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

My Mac and

...and? "My Mac and I love each other in ways humans and computers should not"?

Bytor Peltor 02.22.2017 07:30 PM

I was listening to Genetic Memory on KTRU and was shocked when I heard a song from this classic by, WHEN. I've been listening to this a good deal lately.

latorami 02.23.2017 05:28 AM

listening to Paramore against my will... Me and my friends use Dubtrack in school to listen to the same tunes and my emo (real emo) expert brother likes this shit band ironically. Even if he likes them ironically then god damnit atleast don't make us listen to this ffs..

Severian 02.23.2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

...and? "My Mac and I love each other in ways humans and computers should not"?

Haha. I was going to write something about my "desktop" and my MacBook Pro, and how well they serve me, but it seemed absurdly materialistic... just off the cuff mentioning these stupid things I own that were ungodly expensive.

Tried to delete the sentence, but I guess my fingers failed me.

pony 02.23.2017 06:19 PM

Savage Clone 02.24.2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I was listening to Genetic Memory on KTRU and was shocked when I heard a song from this classic by, WHEN. I've been listening to this a good deal lately.

That's a great one. I did some hard time with that album years back. A favorite of 19/20 year old me.

Rob Instigator 02.24.2017 12:59 PM

Unwound -Fake Train, New Plastic Ideas, and Repetition

Severian 02.24.2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Unwound -Fake Train, New Plastic Ideas, and Repetition

Well, you won me over once again.

noisereductions 02.24.2017 09:18 PM

Unwound we can all agree on.

Severian 02.25.2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Unwound we can all agree on.

I should bloody well think so!

(Must spread rep around...)

_tunic_ 02.27.2017 04:05 PM

Terry Riley
Cologne, Germany
1 October 1974

from Dime
Very very good stuff, one hour long improv on Yamaha YC-45D organ (modified), delay, loops

and that comes from me who generally dislikes synths

Severian 03.01.2017 06:32 PM

The Soup Nazi 03.01.2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Not exactly their finest hour. Maybe the free badge was cool, though...