Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Keeping It Simple 04.03.2010 01:36 PM

I was told a ticket inspector got hit on the head with a skateboard on the platform of the railway station just down the road from where I live! It happened this morning. I'm not sure Tony Hawks approves of kids using skateboards as weapons.

jon boy 04.03.2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
You're not that ugly, are you?

not according to your mum.

Keeping It Simple 04.03.2010 01:43 PM

"Hi, I'm jon boy".

jon boy 04.03.2010 02:50 PM

c'mon everyone knows i look more like a nazi than that.

phoenix 04.03.2010 04:59 PM

i will not eat chocolate today.

jon boy 04.03.2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
i will not eat chocolate today.

nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

phoenix 04.03.2010 06:15 PM

okay. Maybe just one of the chocolate cup cakes i made yesterday. :( but nothing else!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.03.2010 06:23 PM

Our God, took flesh, as we are flesh, that we might truly know Him in our weakness, in our incarnate humanity... In bearing the Cross, the stripes, the lashing of demons, the cursing of men, Chris as God, let both men and devils exhaust themselves. In killing Christ, man attacked God with all their anger, frustration, violence, hatred, spite, grief, and tribulation. All of our lashing fury was exhausted at the body of Christ, until like a tantrum throwing child, we men and demons, collapsed in tears of humility and repentant exhaustion...
As Christ descended into Hell, all the negative forces unleashed their attacks against Him, Christ bearing our blows like a divine and universal punching bag, until the Adversary was overwhelmed by ecstatic exhaustion, collapsed its attack... And when even Death and Hell itself had fallen to its knees streaming tears of repentance, Jesus the Dead but Ever-Living, rose up from suffering, raising us up with Him.

Christ Arose! Rejoice! Build Love!

Being God only He could bear us. He let himself be attacked, that we might exhaust the resources of our own negativity, He endured our blows like a patient parent smiles at the absurdity of a child’s angry fit, and after our tears flowed like that child, He came into the Grave and Death, and hugged us, wiping away our tears and raised us up unto Himself.

Christ’s death occurred that He might exhaust our sins into sincere and true repentance. He, though being God Almighty, allowed we weak humans to attack, curse, bruise, stab, and even kill Him, that the possessed state our blind fury of rage and sin might spend itself into kneeling repentance.

Pookie 04.03.2010 06:29 PM

Happy Easter Egg Day people.

Our kids have been given five easter eggs each by friends and family.

How many is it acceptable for their parents to eat?

jon boy 04.03.2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
okay. Maybe just one of the chocolate cup cakes i made yesterday. :( but nothing else!

quitter.

jon boy 04.03.2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Happy Easter Egg Day people.

Our kids have been given five easter eggs each by friends and family.

How many is it acceptable for their parents to eat?

as much to make you sick and ruin your tea. but it was fun at the time.

phoenix 04.03.2010 06:58 PM

i feel sick most days without the chocolate. + not a big choc lover anyway. At least not the milky sugary stuff.

phoenix 04.03.2010 07:03 PM

i think pookie the thresh hold for 66% egg parent payment is 4.5 eggs. I'm sure they'll understand. It is for the greater good, after all.

EVOLghost 04.03.2010 07:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5zh3Pme7PY

edit; Krystian zimmermanshreds

automatic bzooty 04.04.2010 01:16 AM

i think my spirit animal is a drunken irish man

EVOLghost 04.04.2010 12:41 PM

My animal spirit is a giraffe with a broken ankle

phoenix 04.04.2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
My animal spirit is a giraffe with a broken ankle

Ha ha :D

phoenix 04.05.2010 08:48 AM

about four/five years ago I was working in the lab, and this beatnik drifter guy came in a couple times to drop off pictures. He had a semi dali 'stash, torn up black waistcoat and a crazy looking black walking cane.
He told me about a place he'd stayed in the desert(who knows where in the world), where there are mountains all around, salt/rock flats that looked like quartz, and no humans for miles. With the full moon and only dappled clouds, the ground sparkled as much as the sky.

I'd like to go there..

jon boy 04.05.2010 02:06 PM

didnt think i was supposed to go to work today, thought it was bank holiday. how wrong.

phoenix 04.05.2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
didnt think i was supposed to go to work today, thought it was bank holiday. how wrong.

haha oops/