Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Murmer99 09.16.2010 12:31 AM

really good so far, in my opinion.

viewtiful alan redux 09.16.2010 01:27 AM

About two hours in now and the game is starting to pick up, and my enjoyment level along with it

atsonicpark 09.16.2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
ROM or actual cartridge?

Actual cartride. I found it at a pawn shop today for $4.

...Also, Jeremy, I LOVE Mega Man 8. In fact, it'd be my favorite in the series if it wasn't for those stupid snowboarding levels. I think it and 7 are very underrated -- why would anyone want to play, like, the first one, over those two?!

I also don't understand why people dislike 6 -- you get a JET PACK, for fuck's sake! So awesome.

2 is everyone's favorite, last I checked, never understood why; that's the easiest one in the series, there's no slide and you can't power your weapon. Also, it's the slowest one, next to the first one. Meh.

I think the best Mega Man games, though, are the Zero series on GBA.

noisereductions 09.16.2010 07:11 AM

^3 is my favorite yo. By far.

TheFoxBen 09.16.2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99

really good so far, in my opinion.

Yeah, I think it's great ! I haven't finished the story yet and I suck at creating levels but I should try again when I'll have more time. The soundtrack is also very good.

Murmer99 09.16.2010 01:47 PM

i havent tried making any levels. im on the story right now but i just started yesterday. ive been busy lately too so i dont know when ill finish it. but so far i love it. and agreed with the soundtrack.

atsonicpark 09.16.2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
^3 is my favorite yo. By far.

3 is the creator of Mega Man's least favorite. I'm not saying I agree, but that's interesting.

2-5 are interchangeable, anyway.

GeneticKiss 09.16.2010 01:58 PM

I never really got into Megaman until the X series...X4 is one of my favorite PSX games.

EVOLghost 09.16.2010 11:12 PM

(I want to play this game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMwkt...layer_embedded

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.17.2010 12:19 AM

Elemental Gimmick Gear (DC)

Has anyone else played this? It's such a tight action-RPG. Aside from Code Veronica, this has been eating up most of my gaming time lately. It's like A Link To The Past, except you fight with an upgradable mech-suit as opposed to sword and shield, and there's these kickass 3D boss battles!

Not to mention that it features one of the coolest intros to a game I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fQBmiGWP2A

I couldn't recommend this more.

atsonicpark 09.17.2010 04:16 AM

That loooks badass; you know what it looks like? YS!

been playin':

and

techmo stackers

noisereductions 09.17.2010 07:21 AM

tecmo stackers? Another Puyo?

atsonicpark 09.17.2010 02:17 PM

It's a bit different.

atsonicpark 09.17.2010 02:20 PM

Has anyone ever played GUNPEY?

Been playing this gem earlier. It came out a couple years ago on the PSP and DS (released by Q?, the same company who released Meteos and Lumines), but it was actually developed way back in 1997, by Gunpey Yokoi, aka the creator of the Game Boy and Super Metroid (and the Virtual Boy, but let's not talk about that!). Anyway, it's awesome! All you do is connected lines.. you can only move the lines up or down, squiggly lines/jagged lines/crooked as hell lines/and straight lines.. but they connect, sometimes in really insane and twisted ways, and as long as they connect completely in some way, from the far right side to the far left side, they will clear. At first, it was like "ho hum, hmm" and didn't strike me as anything particularly noteworthy. And, then, well, it started ruling.

atsonicpark 09.17.2010 02:48 PM

JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY

RADIANT SILVERGUN COMING TO XBOX LIVE ARCADE!

Actually, Treasure said that the 360 is their system of choice, period -- good call, I'd have to agree. I hate Microsoft, I hate first person shooters, I hated the original XBOX, I HATE Halo... and I still think it's the best. Mainly for XBOX Live ARcade though.

...oh, look, Disgaea 4 was just announced too. Wow!

noisereductions 09.17.2010 03:11 PM

the 360 is cool. I just worry so much about redrings. But yeah it has a fantastic Shmup library. And I also hate XBOX1/Halo and all that shit. Oh well.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.17.2010 03:28 PM

I've never liked Halo, but I do own an XBOX, and it does have it's fair share of quality titles (Panzer Dragoon Orta, GunValkyrie, Jet Set Radio Future, Indigo Prophecy, Deus Ex: Invisible War, The Thing, Stranger's Wrath, etc.).

I think my cousin is giving me his old 360 for XMAS this year. That should be sweet.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.17.2010 03:42 PM

Adam, what's YS?

atsonicpark 09.17.2010 03:46 PM

I mean, honestly -- unbiasedly -- every system has good games... if you're a lover of video games.. even Virtual Boy... Yeah, that Panzer Dragoon game was the only game I was interested in for the original XBOX. But, damn, the 360 just has so many awesome titles. Hey, NR, you don't have to worry about the red ring anymore -- they finally (after, what, 4 years?!) got rid of it on the new models.

Anyway, I'm playing the fuck out of this game:

Believe it or not, this game is so fucking fun. I played it before and was like "oh, neat, weird, okay." But no shit, it's fun as hell. You're constantly running -- you can't stop, it's an autorun-forever thing. You can jump, attack, pick up Pepsi.. you break into people's houses.. you get on a skateboard and can jump 100 feet.. if a trashcan falls on you, it fucks up your controls..

atsonicpark 09.17.2010 03:48 PM

Here are pics of the cutscenes!:

...the Pepsiman theme song plays every time he takes a drink!

"THE VENDING MACHINES ARE ALL OUT PEPSI, PEPSIMAN! AND EVERYONE'S THIRSTY! DO SOMETHING, PEPSIMAN!!!!!!!"

"I'm ready for the weekend!"

...what's strange about Pepsiman is how it was a PlayStation game, but Sega ended up acquiring the rights for Pepsiman for themselves (in a deal that probably cost them millions of dollars!) and they put Pepsiman in their fighting game Fighting Vipers as a hidden character.