Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

MellySingsDoom 07.22.2008 05:17 PM

^^^Fuck this flute shit, I'm going to join Glenn Branca's band!

Johnny "Magic Fingers" 07.23.2008 12:53 AM

Johnny "Magic Fingers" 07.23.2008 01:40 AM

No way...

Mostly Harmless 07.23.2008 02:51 AM

Motherfucking friends coming to my motherfucking house to watch these movies so they can lose the motherfucking remote.

schizophrenicroom 07.23.2008 03:38 AM

i kind of want a cigarette.

vegans4veal 07.23.2008 03:38 AM

so do i, and i rarely smoke. i've wanted one for about a week. :(

schizophrenicroom 07.23.2008 03:40 AM

back at warped tour i had half a pack, shared with this guy i was waiting in line with to meet a band, and three in the month since. i have a lot of personal reasons why i kind of hate smoking, but it sounds so nice right now. it's finally cooled down below 100 degrees outside.

vegans4veal 07.23.2008 04:00 AM

100 degrees? fuuuck.

i think watching bill hick's too much is the reason i want a cigarette...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ySC...eature=related

schizophrenicroom 07.23.2008 04:11 AM

utah in the summer is horrible. it's so hot. the dryness is nice, being from florida, but oh man.

haha. i just want one because if i can't have a beer, i should at least have a cigarette.

acousticrock87 07.23.2008 04:53 AM

Mmm I just had a beer. Newcastle and In-N-Out fries with GTA4, cause it was the best we could do at 1am on a Tuesday night. Hit the spot, though.

schizophrenicroom 07.23.2008 05:25 AM

that's pretty sweet. i want just a big mac and a beer, now.

do men eat yogurt? this is an odd question, i know, but every yogurt commercial is the same nowadays. i've never seen a man in a yogurt commercial except for the dumbass in the yoplait one looking for the real desserts.

acousticrock87 07.23.2008 05:30 AM

I haven't had it since I was little, but I always thought it was good. My roommate eats it, though.

acousticrock87 07.23.2008 05:36 AM

Nope. Not natural.

blunderbuss 07.23.2008 05:56 AM

Do you think that auditors take their audit hats off when they leave the office at the end of the day, or do they go around the house auditing stuff too, like little Timmy's processes for doing his maths homework?

Yes, I am dealing with auditors at the moment. How did you guess?

ALIEN ANAL 07.23.2008 06:37 AM

i need to come up with a good pixar animation movie idea

hmm

2 vegetables embark on a journey away from their fridge to go meet their real parents
along the way they come across odd characters like Keith Dort
Keith is an accountant with a bad attitude towards women

MellySingsDoom 07.23.2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
i need to come up with a good pixar animation movie idea

hmm

2 vegetables embark on a journey away from their fridge to go meet their real parents
along the way they come across odd characters like Keith Dort
Keith is an accountant with a bad attitude towards women

The two main characters should be a simple-yet-kind courgette, and a sassy-yet-soft hearted tomato. Keith Dort would be a ugly, bumpy potato.

ALIEN ANAL 07.23.2008 07:55 AM

i want a jazz score to the film
hmm who would voice my two main meals and what would they be

MellySingsDoom 07.23.2008 07:57 AM

It'd have to be two people from this here board.

Courgette could be (thinks) cryptoguy or Rob Instigator
Tomato could be Cantanky or Kegmama.

I'd happily play Keith Dort, I can do grumpy and slighty dodgy w/no probs.

ALIEN ANAL 07.23.2008 07:59 AM

yeh i think you would be a good Keith Dort
but i dont know about cantanky being in one of my movies

MellySingsDoom 07.23.2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
{is marras on leave from work? [if you see him, hug him and give him 3 kisses on cheeks pls from me. (felt strongly the need to do that today)]}.

I sent him a text ealier on - will send him yr love when he replies.

MellySingsDoom 07.23.2008 08:04 AM

Alien Anal - Who would you have for tomato, then?

EDIT: You should get jennthebenn to write the script.

MellySingsDoom 07.23.2008 08:05 AM

*does two thumbs-up gesture to Nefeli*

ALIEN ANAL 07.23.2008 08:06 AM

hmm ricky gervais will be my tomato

the inside of the fridge will be like an apartment block
and its set to a jazz score with ricky gervais as a tomato

MellySingsDoom 07.23.2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
and sweet and utterly cute looking.

Ahhhh *blushes*

Alien Anal - I like the jazz score idea - you could get Burt Bacharach to score it, and have either him or Tony Bennett sing the songs. It'd be a right swingin' affair.

truncated 07.23.2008 08:34 AM

How was your ABBA experience Melly?

MellySingsDoom 07.23.2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
How was your ABBA experience Melly?

It was totally fabulous, truncated. The "plot" (which one of you bastards is my father?) is as camp as hell, the entire cast simply can't wait to burst into song and dance, and there's more Abba on offer than an entire continent's worth of Abba tribute bands. I came out of the cinema with a big smile on my face, and felt on a "high" afterwards.

Everyneurotic 07.23.2008 10:25 AM

someone left a comment in two of my myspace accounts to invite me to my own gig.

ALIEN ANAL 07.23.2008 10:28 AM

you should go

truncated 07.23.2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
It was totally fabulous, truncated. The "plot" (which one of you bastards is my father?) is as camp as hell, the entire cast simply can't wait to burst into song and dance, and there's more Abba on offer than an entire continent's worth of Abba tribute bands. I came out of the cinema with a big smile on my face, and felt on a "high" afterwards.

For some inexplicable reason, the main reason that film turns me off is not the ABBA content, but Meryl Streep's corpse-like hair. Worse than the eye, and eyes are one of the few things that disgust me. But if you enjoyed it, that's what counts.

MellySingsDoom 07.23.2008 11:37 AM

Yeah, you're right about Meryl Streep's hair - what a mess! Julie Waters was very funny in it, Colin Firth looks hott (who cares about the male bimbo who was the groom), and Pierce Brosnan is to singing what I am to, er, singing. Yeah, I loved it!

floatingslowly 07.23.2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
the entire cast simply can't wait to burst into song and dance

words don't do justice to the sharp aneurysm-like pain that that quote caused in my brain.

CODE:BLUE

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
corpse-like hair

ok, nevermind. I'm better now.

krastian 07.23.2008 12:10 PM

Ha ha.

_slavo_ 07.23.2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Do you think that auditors take their audit hats off when they leave the office at the end of the day, or do they go around the house auditing stuff too, like little Timmy's processes for doing his maths homework?

Yes, I am dealing with auditors at the moment. How did you guess?

I was working as an auditor for 1,5 years in Ernst&Young and I definitely know what you're talking about.
I left when I realised how painful would be to go out for a pint with a bunch of auditors and after having drunk 8 beers they'd start quarrelig over doubtful debts, deferred tax and shit like that.

_slavo_ 07.23.2008 12:52 PM

schizophrenicroom 07.23.2008 03:20 PM

haha, that sounds like me, slavo.

the state college in the area has a public access channel and all they ever seem to show is a college algebra class. mathematics is generally not my thing, but i love algebra. it's fun to watch.

Sonic Youth 37 07.23.2008 09:44 PM

Talking to old friends after not hearing a word from them in months is great.

schizophrenicroom 07.23.2008 09:52 PM

my friend, after talking about past relationships and idaes with me, says "i have to go think about some things" and just kind of hangs up.

Sonic Youth 37 07.23.2008 09:55 PM

Mine, surprisingly, ended somewhat like that "I have to run. bye". But, at least we got to talk for a few minutes after not speaking for months. We used to talk like 6 hours a day between in person, phone, and online.

schizophrenicroom 07.23.2008 10:21 PM

it really is the best feeling.. i haven't seen my closest friends in almost two months (or more, for some) and i've gotten used to knowing i'm not seeing them often anymore but it's so nice to have my caller id show up with them.

EMMAh 07.23.2008 10:30 PM

I don't give a shit about my old friend's anymore.

I've working on the most kick ass punk rock stoner sock monkey lately. It has a mohawk at the moment and I'm making it a leather jacket.