Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

mil_pl 10.19.2008 10:18 AM

and that's nice too. i can work for 2h on 3/4, movie 1+h on 3/4..

al shabbray 10.19.2008 10:20 AM

yes, thats what i expereinced too. the macbooks (not the pros) got the longest battery life Ive seen so far. I think the IBM thinkpads are the best choice if you really want a pc not a mac. but I would say, never a pc again. the macs are worth the money and if you put yourself a pc together from dell, which got the same specs as a mac they aren that expansive anymore

al shabbray 10.19.2008 10:21 AM

another plus for the macbooks which I found out after purchasing is that you can swap the RAM or even the HArddrive really easy. its like changing a game module of a nintendo DS f youve loosen two screws. thats pretty rare when it comes to notebooks I think

HECKLER SPRAY 10.19.2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
ive got a macbook 2.0 dual core
and what they got plus in graphical programs and music n stuff they got minus in gaming. that will not work unfortunately

Mac ? I feel sorry for you...:(
This kind of games (Fallout, Oblivion...) are way better on pc.

I've got a Core 2 Quad Q 6600 (4x2,4 GHz)
2 G Ram
2x500G hard drive
NVidia G force 8600 Gs 512 Mo (I'll change it next year, too weak)

It's not so bad to play video games, for the moment.

al shabbray 10.19.2008 10:54 AM

like I said, when I feel like playing fallout I put windows xp as a partition. it plays like on a pc with a prettier housing, hrhrhr
oblivion is not my thing. I cant stand this elves and swords n stuff :)

[Sandbag] 10.19.2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
A Silver mt. Zion - Bratislava, monday the 13th:

What a wonderful evening that was.

wow! ....never seen those guys before.
great band

nicfit 10.19.2008 10:57 AM

world of goo

HECKLER SPRAY 10.19.2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

like I said, when I feel like playing fallout I put windows xp as a partition. it plays like on a pc with a prettier housing, hrhrhr
oblivion is not my thing. I cant stand this elves and swords n stuff :)

You prefer the big guns ?!!!
I do prefer Fallout, but Oblivion is a very good RPg, especially if you add all those good mods you can find on the net.

al shabbray 10.19.2008 11:01 AM

yes technically its realy good I believe. but the world in which it plays is just not my cup of tea. like all the lord of the rings and bla things. I just dont like it.
but fallout 3 is made by the oblivion guys, isnt it?
thats where it starts to get interesting for me, maybe a littel bit too much, hrhr

HECKLER SPRAY 10.19.2008 11:08 AM

Yeah, that's right, they made Oblivion.
But I hope it will be different, and I hope they 'll respect Fallout's world, you know, politically incorrect, freedom, humor... I've head about censorship concerning the drugs for the australian version, I hope it won't touch the European version.

mil_pl 10.19.2008 11:17 AM

I don't play games, so it doesn't bothers me :D

al shabbray 10.19.2008 11:18 AM

thats another plus, hahaha

HECKLER SPRAY 10.19.2008 11:18 AM

too bad for you, mil !!!

al shabbray 10.19.2008 11:23 AM

thats true, hahaha

mil_pl 10.19.2008 11:54 AM

I don't care , I only play at my friend comp. I have no time for it.

SYRFox 10.19.2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

yeah its good that we all collect odd things. if they steal replaceable things thats not that bad as if they would steal things you got your heart in it.
but to clear it up you all live in a house and you are living in an apartment attached to it?
btw did they trash everything around? where some of you there?
hahaha questions questions questions

No no no, I'm just living in a flat. There's a house under it but other people are living inside it, not my family.
And no, they did not trash everything, which was really good. It would've destroyed me if they did destroy all

al shabbray 10.19.2008 01:05 PM

yes that would be really terrifying I think. did you find out who it was and how they come in?

SYRFox 10.19.2008 02:13 PM

They just came in destroying the doors (there was even a footstep on the destroyed door). We never (and the police didn't, either) found out who did that

al shabbray 10.19.2008 02:15 PM

thats shitty. did you secured the door afterwards?
i think I would kinda freak and try to put a metal door or sometign innit, ahaha
my door is the only possible way to get into my appartment. i am living in the 7th level. HAHA

SYRFox 10.19.2008 02:17 PM

Yeah we secured the door a bit more, though I think if someone wants to open it, they will open it anyway.
Living in the 7th level probably prevents you from being burglarized I guess - it's easier to burglarize someone that lives on the ground or in the 1st level