Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Rob Instigator 10.08.2021 02:01 PM

Am I the only one that liked Event Horizon? That film scared the shit out of me.

Rob Instigator 10.08.2021 02:01 PM

Am I the only one that liked Event Horizon? That film scared the shit out of me.

_tunic_ 10.10.2021 03:36 AM

tw2113 10.16.2021 01:07 AM

Halloween and Halloween Kills back to back.

Severian 10.16.2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Everyone loved it when I was a kid. I didn’t see it until I was an adult but I thought it was bad. Maybe because I was an adult?

Have you seen Sunshine? It’s got a few similar bits and pieces, but more hard-sci-fi, less mystical. Also flawed, particularly around the end, but it has some really, really good moments and some great relatively low-budget effects (still millions of dollars I’m sure, but it feels minimal for that kind of film — the look of it is great)

!@#$%! 10.16.2021 12:57 PM

the last movie-movie i watched in serious concentration was THE CARD COUNTER

it was fucking great!

tw2113 10.17.2021 04:01 PM

Sharkenstein which is another as bad as it sounds.

Alien rewatch.

Rob Instigator 10.18.2021 09:15 AM

coolness

Rob Instigator 10.18.2021 09:15 AM

coolness

!@#$%! 10.19.2021 12:16 PM

last weekend i made a little pilgrimage to go see todd haynes's THE VELVET UNDERGROUND

a brilliant film, and worth the effort to catch it in a big screen, althought it's "an apple film" (hence, streamable). but yeah, no, huge screen + big projector + commercial sound system are required for full aesthetic appreciation of this. fkin looooooooooved it.

Severian 10.20.2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
last weekend i made a little pilgrimage to go see todd haynes's THE VELVET UNDERGROUND

a brilliant film, and worth the effort to catch it in a big screen, althought it's "an apple film" (hence, streamable). but yeah, no, huge screen + big projector + commercial sound system are required for full aesthetic appreciation of this. fkin looooooooooved it.

Looking forward to having the time to watch this soon.

Rob Instigator 10.26.2021 11:10 AM

Watched Vincent Price's film Theatre of Blood. fucking cool flick.

Severian 10.27.2021 07:37 AM

DUNE was very good and I can’t wait to see the rest of the movie in 2 years lmao

!@#$%! 10.31.2021 09:52 AM

im waiting for the dune crowds to subside a bit before going

meanwhile i saw this last night on the criterion channel:

good, inspiring, sad, really good

Severian 11.01.2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im waiting for the dune crowds to subside a bit before going

I watched it from my living room on hbo max. I’m fucking with no crowds.

!@#$%! 11.01.2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I watched it from my living room on hbo max. I’m fucking with no crowds.

sure, but did your seats shake with the worm? :D

--

i usually find a way to escape to a depopulated matinée. this has been my custom for years anyway, but with the pandemic there's an extra health bonus.

in any case.... masks are required (some morons pull them, true, though most don't) and im vaccinated anyway

LifeDistortion 11.01.2021 06:52 PM

Saw this on Friday. I really quite enjoyed it. A dark, exciting trip of a movie.

!@#$%! 11.02.2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion

Saw this on Friday. I really quite enjoyed it. A dark, exciting trip of a movie.

i saw a trailer for that a while ago, some kind of time traveling was it i think?

!@#$%! 11.02.2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion

i saw a trailer for that a while ago, some kind of time traveling was it i think?

!@#$%! 11.02.2021 02:43 PM

looks like this thread got stuck...

anyway i just watched kenneth lonergan's "margaret" which i didn't think i was going to finish when i saw it was 3 hours long!

and it took me 2 sessions just due to schedule conflicts but yeah, it was very watchable and i would have finished it in one sitting otherwise.

great story, great cast, great little philosophical and aesthetic digressions, really good! well, it was a surprise...