Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

ploesj 11.05.2010 05:08 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Tesco-run.html

_slavo_ 11.05.2010 05:24 AM

starting today i'm officially unemployed.

ploesj 11.05.2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo

I was going to rep you but it wouldnt let me.

Genteel Death 11.05.2010 06:50 AM

Genteel Death 11.05.2010 07:27 AM

Genteel Death 11.05.2010 08:47 AM

EVOLghost 11.05.2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
starting today i'm officially unemployed.

LUCKY you. I 've been on a new shift that needs me to wake up at 3 am. kind of sucks.

Genteel Death 11.05.2010 09:07 AM

_slavo_ 11.05.2010 09:46 AM

Mob Barley

Cool œuvre 11.05.2010 10:10 AM

Something quite irrelevant... no pb!

Attention to sound itself, that's what SY lead me to, learnt me, when I was listening to this music, when I saw the group playing live.
Now I'm just a bit older, married and father, and, ahhh, working.
But still "attentif" to sounds, every sound, every word, and fact.

So why? Why SY did not go more into politics after 911?

Now I'm part of an "association citoyenne", with no religious, philosophical nore political aim, which brings news informations about "le 11 Septembre".

The group which was my favourite group just hasn't followed the same way... although they are new yorkers!

I drew a parallel between beeing focused on sounds and on facts...

"I want to know!"

Genteel Death 11.05.2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool œuvre
Something quite irrelevant... no pb!

Attention to sound itself, that's what SY lead me to, learnt me, when I was listening to this music, when I saw the group playing live.
Now I'm just a bit older, married and father, and, ahhh, working.
But still "attentif" to sounds, every sound, every word, and fact.

So why? Why SY did not go more into politics after 911?

Now I'm part of an "association citoyenne", with no religious, philosophical nore political aim, which brings news informations about "le 11 Septembre".

The group which was my favourite group just hasn't followed the same way... although they are new yorkers!

I drew a parallel between beeing focused on sounds and on facts...

"I want to know!"

Welcome.

SONIC GAIL 11.05.2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

What should I do? I want to play music for the rest of my life but am quickly learning (too late) at 25 that it will provide no income to live off of. No matter how good I am.

Should I just become a bartender or what?

I didn't go to college, and am glad I didnt because it doesnt seem to be providing jobs, just debt.

But my only skills are songwriting and fucking.

1. NEVER stop playing.

2. After going to college I have realized alot of ppl can make more money w/o it bartenders make pretty good money and you can still have time for your passion. It is not yr job title that counts. You will always be a musician.

3. Find a good WOMAN. Not groupie fuck for the night grl. A smart woman that has career ambitions. She MUST accept that you are what you are and she will be bringin home most of the bacon. I know there are not many of us out there, but they do exist. This is how Ryan and I do it. I did NOT marry him because I expected him to work some 9-5 job and act "normal". I married him knowing that it was going to be me that would have the career and he would have the creative ambitions. There are some ppl out there that just are not made to live the typical family life and it is awesome!

4. It is never too late! I did not finish college until I was 28. If you are a baliever in god he will take you down the right path as long as you put the work in and pay attention.

All the best of luck to you and sorry I'm not getting a divorce anytime soon:)

nicfit 11.05.2010 03:18 PM

I'm thinking about chopping off my right pinky.

SONIC GAIL 11.05.2010 04:17 PM

Its cold here. My body likes fl heat and humidity.

SONIC GAIL 11.05.2010 04:55 PM

We have some crazy ass weather here.

atsonicpark 11.06.2010 03:25 PM

ink. 11.06.2010 04:43 PM

^ there is a postcard of that hanging up in our bathroom.

ink. 11.06.2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

What should I do? I want to play music for the rest of my life but am quickly learning (too late) at 25 that it will provide no income to live off of. No matter how good I am.

Should I just become a bartender or what?

I didn't go to college, and am glad I didnt because it doesnt seem to be providing jobs, just debt.

But my only skills are songwriting and fucking.

Are you making a loss, or just not making enough to live off completely? It can take a long time for any artist to make enough money to support themselves 100%, if ever.

Who cares if it doesnt work out as a full time job though.. You can still play music.. It might just mean other means of income on the side.

PS I want to do live art with yr band for a show one day pls.

krastian 11.06.2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

I think good 'ol Weeds is on it's last legs.....

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.06.2010 06:50 PM

Oh yeah, it jumped the shark a while ago.