Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

tw2113 03.04.2023 10:13 PM

The Road to Wellville

!@#$%! 03.05.2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
The Road to Wellville

cornflakes will kill your libido hahahah

==

saw a bunch of showtime movies these past weeks

among them:

*everything everywhere etc*
was great, very funny, and i like that the multiverse bullshit was not taken seriously but was rather a conceit for an overwhelmed multitasker too caught up in self flagellation. so ultimately it was a funny feel good family movie with dildo jokes. and michelle yeoh is so fucking badass.

*richard pryor: omit the logic* great documentary about someone who needs no introduction

*american gigolo*
i had heard about this all my life and did not pay it any mind because it was sold as a "richard gere" movie. but who gives a fuck about richard gere (his middle name is tiffany), it's a PAUL SCHRADER movie! hahahhaa. with a GIORGIO MORODER soundtrack derived from BLONDIE! wtf, why nobody ever told me. so anyway it's the same movie basically as LIGHT SLEEPER and also THE CARD COUNTER. same type of character, similar troubles, similar structure. is repetitive? not really. i like it when an artist has characteristic themes and variations. my favorite one is still light sleeper, i think, because of willem dafoe, that guy fucking rules.

paul schrader also appears in the richard pryor docu btw.

tw2113 03.05.2023 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

If it'd lead to getting an enema performed by Traci Lind, I'd consider it.

!@#$%! 03.14.2023 03:13 PM

Quote:

If it'd lead to getting an enema performed by Traci Lind, I'd consider it.

hahahahahhaa

i forgot to laugh at this the other day but i just reread it and i'm laughing again

thanks

tw2113 03.18.2023 07:59 PM

The First Turn-on! by Troma Entertainment

tw2113 03.18.2023 09:35 PM

Van Helsing 2004

Severian 03.19.2023 06:49 AM

This was fine. Very gory. Not a ton of story. Could have been better but there are worse ways to spend one’s time.

This was OK. It has less Woody Harrelson and more diarrhea and vomit than one would expect.

!@#$%! 03.19.2023 11:40 AM

goddamn, i has no idea guardians of the galaxy was considered "visionary" these days. the only vision i recall from it was zoe saldaña. otherwisethat movie is just another forgettable superhero turd for me.

that cannes one, i've seen it for rent... hmm... i'm curious now.

--

anyway i saw hal hartley's "amateur" on criterion. very 90s, very hartleyesque dialogue, highly recognizable soundtrack, 100% enjoyable.

couldn't find a suitable film poster on the interwebs but that's the back of the soundtrack cd

oh finally here's one:

_tunic_ 03.19.2023 05:06 PM

Yesterday evening I watched The Matrix Reloaded, and right after it was finished, my TV died! :mad:

It only shows a black screen ....
so I bought a new one today, but it will be delivered on Wednesday. Bummer, because the Dutch classic football match Ajax - Feyenoord was this afternoon, which Feyenoord won for the first time since nearly twenty years
Instead I watched some music documentaries that I still had on my PC, including this one: The Great Hunger:The Life & Songs Of Shane MacGowan

The TV was 11 years old, so it's about time for an upgrade :) It's still a limited upgrade from 40" to 55" and LED, the OLED and whatever is just way too expensive.

tw2113 03.19.2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Yesterday evening I watched The Matrix Reloaded, and right after it was finished, my TV died! :mad:

It only shows a black screen ....
so I bought a new one today, but it will be delivered on Wednesday. Bummer, because the Dutch classic football match Ajax - Feyenoord was this afternoon, which Feyenoord won for the first time since nearly twenty years
Instead I watched some music documentaries that I still had on my TV, including this one: The Great Hunger:The Life & Songs Of Shane MacGowan

The TV was 11 years old, so it's about time for an upgrade :) It's still a limited upgrade from 40" to 55" and LED, the OLED and whatever is just way too expensive.

So at least one good thing came out of watching Reloaded...you're upgraded

tw2113 03.19.2023 05:22 PM

Quote:

hahahahahhaa

i forgot to laugh at this the other day but i just reread it and i'm laughing again

thanks

Glad I could entertain :)

Rob Instigator 03.22.2023 01:38 PM

Hanzo The Razor : Sword of Justice
One of Tarantino's faves (fitting as he is a sexual deviant)

Can see how many shots and setups tarantino stole for Kill Bill.

What is wrong with japan? late 70's japanese films are so RAPEY. Hanzo rapes women to "interrogate" them.

It was gross, and repulsive, and I stopped it about 2/3 of the way through.

Made me feel gross, like maybe Tarantino and Weinstein watched it together jerking each other off.

Rob Instigator 03.22.2023 01:41 PM

Wife and I have been watching some classics we never got to see.

This was a good film. Beautifully filmed. Glad they only hinted at the rapes.

tw2113 04.06.2023 09:38 PM

Killer Party (1986)

_tunic_ 04.11.2023 11:10 AM

good movie, it's French and very unlike the usual Hollywood courtroom drama's
it's annoying that at the end of it all, you still don't know who really done it (sorry, spoiler alert)
but great acting

I've seen a bunch of movies that I didn't share here, perhaps they will come. Loads of '40 & '50's movies on Netflix

Skuj 04.11.2023 02:46 PM

Parasite. Fucking brilliant film.

tw2113 04.20.2023 09:28 PM

Quote:

No enemas in this one, but anything Traci wanted to do to me, circa Fright Night Part 2 would also be acceptable.

Btw, watching Fright Night Part 2.

tw2113 04.20.2023 09:29 PM

Quote:

No enemas in this one, but anything Traci wanted to do to me, circa Fright Night Part 2 would also be acceptable.

Btw, watching Fright Night Part 2.

"Doctor this is highly irregular"

Of course, on an enema...

tw2113 04.28.2023 11:33 PM

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

tw2113 04.28.2023 11:34 PM

Also watched the Fright Night remake from 2011 last night. It was alright, but nothing I'm intentionally keeping in the end. Will see how the Fright Night 2 remake works out...