Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's your most hated band? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30674)

DeadDiscoDildo 08.26.2009 09:28 AM

Dave Matthews dumped 800 pounds of shit on top of ppl in Chicago!

But he's been shitting all over ppl with his m usic for years now ;-) He finally decided to add performance art to his music.

My most hated band?

SONIC YOUTH...fuckin assholes. I just come here for the ladies.

notyourfiend 08.26.2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I just come here for the ladies.

all four of them.

joe11121 08.26.2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
y'all shut up bout Chan. she's a sweetie.

bash green day moar

lol, yes.

And I don't get why everyone hates all of her new music though, I mean I liked You Are Free and The Greatest.

boxofburton 05.14.2012 07:24 PM

Vampire Weekend hands down

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.14.2012 10:23 PM

Its the only band I hate more than

an evening with viewtiful 05.14.2012 11:13 PM

I think Styx are complete and utter shit.
I mean seriously, can you think of a shittier excuse for Rock & Roll than Come Sail Away? I have nothing to fucking say about Mr. Roboto (and that song is supposed to be part of a serious fucking narrative, jesus christ).

gmku 05.15.2012 06:27 AM

I can't hate a band. Dislike, ignore, not care for, can't get into, not my cup of tea, etc. But hate?! I don't get how people can hate that kind of thing.

Pookie 05.15.2012 06:46 AM

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.

Keeping It Simple 05.15.2012 07:26 AM

Bands I've heard and don't like I simply ignore like they've never existed.

fugazifan 05.15.2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I can't hate a band. Dislike, ignore, not care for, can't get into, not my cup of tea, etc. But hate?! I don't get how people can hate that kind of thing.

yeah, seriously.

Severian 05.15.2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
lots of metallica hate in this thread. i appreciate their early shit just as much as pavement. i'm weird like that. their first four albums were the shit. THEY ONCE ROCKED. ROCKED DAMMIT!!!! who can deny "orion" or Ride the Lighting? you guys must have shitty sound systems or listen to music on tiny ipods.

anyway i'm not in between the ages of 17 and 25 no more. so i don't hate. do rock bands even exist anymore?

i should do something better with my time.

I wouldn't say "as much as Pavement" but I tend to agree about their early work. I still listen to Ride the Lightning.

Most hated? Whatever band has the skinny pants crowd convinced that, by its cutting edge at any given moment. Names like passion trap and temper pit and other such nonsense come to mind.

Severian 05.15.2012 09:30 AM

Oh, right now I guess its FUN!!!

pad_023 05.15.2012 08:15 PM

I used to hate when I was a bit younger, now i'm just apathetic to artists i'm not into.

gmku 05.15.2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I wouldn't say "as much as Pavement" but I tend to agree about their early work. I still listen to Ride the Lightning.

Most hated? Whatever band has the skinny pants crowd convinced that, by its cutting edge at any given moment. Names like passion trap and temper pit and other such nonsense come to mind.

Skinny jeans bands just make me laugh. I don't hate them though. I just think they're a bit ridiculous, like a teenager going through a daft phase.

an evening with viewtiful 05.15.2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Oh, right now I guess its FUN!!!

You mean that band that can write a rollicking chorus with completely mediocore verses that have nothing to do with the rest of the melody framing it?
Yeah, they blow chunks

SONIC GAIL 05.16.2012 08:19 PM

I would have to say Angel's Spit. They suck ass.

NYCgaf16 03.14.2020 06:58 AM

HAIM. when i heard their cover of tame impla's cause i'm a man i wanted to fuckin kill them

!@#$%! 03.14.2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo

My most hated band?

SONIC YOUTH...fuckin assholes. I just come here for the ladies.

lolololololololololol

i miss this guy posting here

choc e-Claire 03.14.2020 12:36 PM

I've voiced my dislike before, but Panic! at the fucking Disco. Shitty-ass excuse for a band (imagine being so unlikable that you get every other member of your band to leave you), self-absorbed to no end, ruined the name of emo and/or pop-punk, much loved for no clear reason (especially amongst the gays???).

I'll admit he can sing. But still, fuck them to hell.

the ikara cult 03.14.2020 04:41 PM

The Kooks are the shittest band of the 2000s to me.
They were cosplaying as the Libertines despite being stage school boys, and failed to own that fact. Simon Amstell summed them up when he interviewed them on Popworld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIC4V_DIrg