Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

atsonicpark 08.28.2008 11:35 AM

No?

Both chicks aren't very good looking, at least not in those pictures.

!@#$%! 08.28.2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
Ha, assuming that was a joke :)

mia farrow looks like she was horrid in the sack

afterthefact 08.28.2008 11:38 AM

Maybe that wasn't the best Mia Farrow pic, but I have always thought she was beautiful.

atsonicpark 08.28.2008 11:38 AM

I'd go for the Asian.

!@#$%! 08.28.2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Maybe that wasn't the best Mia Farrow pic, but I have always thought she was beautiful.

a pretty face doesnt mean she can rock your socks

afterthefact 08.28.2008 11:41 AM

To each their own.

Maybe this pic of Soon-Yi would be more of a deterrent?

Only because this is roughly when Woody made his choice between the two...

Rob Instigator 08.28.2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

To each their own.

that's woddy allen's very own finger puppet.

afterthefact 08.28.2008 11:43 AM

haha!

floatingslowly 08.28.2008 11:44 AM

with the netfucks queue in full-swing:

10,000 BC

SPOILER ALERT: the FIRST pyramids were constructed by a white man with coke fingernails. they then were torn down by cavemen and egyptian wooley mammoths. please revise yr history books in red ink.

afterthefact 08.28.2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
with the netfucks queue in full-swing:

10,000 BC

SPOILER ALERT: the FIRST pyramids were constructed by a white man with coke fingernails. they then were torn down by cavemen and egyptian wooley mammoths. please revise yr history books in red ink.

tru dat.

I never saw that one, BTW.

I've got Down By Law up next in my queue; I just realized the other night that I actually have no already seen that one, I was thinking I had for some reason.

!@#$%! 08.28.2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

To each their own.

oh shit man.

ok. wrong. very wrong. fucking wrong.

i mean even if he started fuckign her when she was grown up, he was -- man, that's fucking wrong.

and yet she's been with him for years and not complaining. wtf?

floatingslowly 08.28.2008 11:54 AM

I'm not sure she's old enough there to win a gold medal (or even compete for that matter).

alteredcourse 08.28.2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
tell me something more about it! it's good as match point? and erotic as press says?

Ha, someone else is interested ? Wow ;)
This and match point are quite different . Match point didnt allow anything to be less than serious , and it didnt always work for it .
This was a very sexy movie , yes . Its believable to watch javier bardem just pick up two tourists and fly them to a remote area . The acting really was key . At some times, you just wanted to put a sock in scarlett johansen's face, but even she played her usual "ho hum im confused" character consistently enough . THe other three were amazing . Penelope Cruz is a lil fireball .

afterthefact 08.28.2008 12:05 PM

haha @ floatingslowly.

I doubt he was doing the dirty at that time, but a scheme like that takes some planning. He's doing the math in his head in that picture, you can tell.

davenotdead 08.28.2008 12:08 PM

rob doesn't like crispin glover!

please tell me he is alone in that thinking

!@#$%! 08.28.2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

haha @ floatingslowly.

I doubt he was doing the dirty at that time, but a scheme like that takes some planning. He's doing the math in his head in that picture, you can tell.

no you cant tell.

hey, lemme ask you-- what if it was she the one to do the dirty deed?

i mean, she clearly has daddy issues, and woody was't event the one who originally adopted her

do not underestimate the power of teenage hormones-- those creatures are animals, i tell you

she could have pinned him down force herself

afterthefact 08.28.2008 12:09 PM

I love Crispin Glover. Willard and Bartleby? Just great in my opinion.

afterthefact 08.28.2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no you cant tell.

hey, lemme ask you-- what if it was she the one to do the dirty deed?

i mean, she clearly has daddy issues, and woody was't event the one who originally adopted her

do not underestimate the power of teenage hormones-- those creatures are animals, i tell you

If - IF IF IF - he did nothing sexual with her while she was still young (and I mean too young to think for herself, I don't believe in the idea of 17/18 being the exact point where you are able to make grown up decisions) then I see nothing wrong there. Is it creepy? Sure is. But is it WRONG? I don't think so.
And like you said, if she was the one going after him, then you can hardly say that he took advantage of her.

Still creepy though, I don't care.

Kegmama 08.28.2008 12:13 PM

The Felon w/Stephen Dorff and Val Kilmer. It was surprisingly good! And Dorff is hot in an Edward Norton/American X sort of way. :)

!@#$%! 08.28.2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

If - IF IF IF - he did nothing sexual with her while she was still young (and I mean too young to think for herself, I don't believe in the idea of 17/18 being the exact point where you are able to make grown up decisions) then I see nothing wrong there. Is it creepy? Sure is. But is it WRONG? I don't think so.
And like you said, if she was the one going after him, then you can hardly say that he took advantage of her.

Still creepy though, I don't care.

yeah, iffy any way you look at it, but i don't feel equipped to make a final judgment.

still, i like his movies though-- and im looking forward to seeing penelope + scarlett panting in unison. owwwwwwwwwwww!!!