Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's your most hated band? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30674)

Peterpuff 03.15.2020 11:00 AM

Collective Soul

hirsute_biped 03.27.2020 02:22 AM

My wife hates Aerosmith so much I used her hatred for them to help her quit smoking. I had a portable cassette player, bought a used copy of Pump, played it whenever she lit up. It was a rough month or two, but she never went back. It’s been ten years. We can use the power of bad music for good purposes.

_tunic_ 03.27.2020 05:51 AM

^^^^
That's brilliant! But watch out, she might use it against you some day! Eat your veggies or else :D

Rob Instigator 03.27.2020 08:11 AM

The fucking EAGLES

_tunic_ 03.27.2020 10:08 AM

Hate is a big word but there's this one song that used to make me sick whenever it was played on the radio (at a time when I still listened to the radio). Aaaaaah that vooooiiiicceeeee just shut up!

crash test dummies mmm

Also I once was having breakfast in a hotel while abroad for work, and this song was blatantly loud on the tv speakers. Already not a morning person and it definitely didn't make it any better

pharrell williams happy

I used to hate the guitarist of Dirty Three but I managed to accept him somehow. Especially after seeing them live.

The Soup Nazi 03.27.2020 01:08 PM

Guns N' Roses. In addition to their nearly-unmatched, multiple levels of excrement strictly musical and otherwise, they made the worst album ever, The Spaghetti Incident?, which is not just lame, it's an abject misreading of the songs they butchered.

_tunic_ 03.28.2020 05:22 AM

How could I forget!

hirsute_biped 03.28.2020 11:15 AM

Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 is particularly bad, because as it is bombarding you with bad music, it is specifically reminding you that good music exists (The Rolling Stones). The Stones have shot some turds into our fans too, but they have an unassailable golden era you can always go back to.

The Soup Nazi 03.28.2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
How could I forget!

Remember that Twitter account called something like "f_u_low", created specifically to shit on the band because they spent all their 30 minutes or so at a festival playing "Do You Know How To Waltz?" And then the band retweeted it!

Fun times... I mean, whoever was behind the account was obviously retarded, but fun times... :D

Skuj 03.28.2020 08:01 PM

Did anyone mention Nickelback yet?

Peterpuff 03.31.2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Did anyone mention Nickelback yet?

I am saving that response for the most LOVED band thread.

Peterpuff 03.31.2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The fucking EAGLES

The Dude Abides!

Toilet & Bowels 03.31.2020 05:13 PM

Queen
Vampire Weekend
Rolling Stones

The Soup Nazi 04.01.2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Rolling Stones

_tunic_ 04.03.2020 07:12 AM

I'm going to add Bob Dylan, just to piss off Soup :D
just listen to that Christmas album he made

ho ho ho!

g. 04.03.2020 02:42 PM

Queen - most overrated shit ever.

The Soup Nazi 04.04.2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
I'm going to add Bob Dylan, just to piss off Soup :D
just listen to that Christmas album he made

ho ho ho!

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen
Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen
Carter, Reagan, Bush and Clinton

Didn't you buy (or got someone to "gift" you) The Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Live Recordings?

Toilet & Bowels 04.04.2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards make hating the Rolling Stones very easy!

GeneticKiss 04.08.2020 08:13 PM

HO-LEE SHIT.

I'm only on here tonight because I got a PM that turned out to be spam and decided to look around to see if things had changed that much (they haven't...when was the last update on this forum??) from the last time I was on here, but wow does seeing some of these names bring back memories.

For the record, I still pretty much feel the same as I did a few pages (actually 11 years!!) back, about hating bands, and Shinedown, and Korn, and Kings of Leon (are they even relevant anymore?)...

Diesel 04.10.2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
HO-LEE SHIT.

I'm only on here tonight because I got a PM that turned out to be spam and decided to look around to see if things had changed that much (they haven't...when was the last update on this forum??) from the last time I was on here, but wow does seeing some of these names bring back memories.

For the record, I still pretty much feel the same as I did a few pages (actually 11 years!!) back, about hating bands, and Shinedown, and Korn, and Kings of Leon (are they even relevant anymore?)...

I remember you, it's strange seeing old names pop up. You could jump on the bandwagon and post 'hey I remembered my password' then proceed to fuck off for another eternity, like other old posters weirdly have done. Or not.

You'll be pleased to that know Kings of Lesbo have a new song and accompanying video out.