Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

EMMAh 09.08.2008 09:53 PM

Errr, yeah she sounds like a waste of time (and money)

I would make you sneak me in hahaha.

nicfit 09.09.2008 02:51 AM

kiss kiss bang bang.
pretty cool, could have been GREAT with some changes, but still really entertaining and nice to watch.

I want to be robert downey jr one day.

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 03:54 AM

yeah kiss kiss bang bang rules.

Robert Downey Jr. is just a great actor.. damn.

nicfit 09.09.2008 04:05 AM

he looks good too. /gay mode off.

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 04:21 AM

I love him, yeah.

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 06:31 AM

survive style 5+ - 7/10

Five really interesting intertwining stories (a girl who keeps coming up with weird commercial ideas, a guy who killed his wife who thinks she's back from the dead to kill him, a guy who gets hypnotized and is permanently a bird person, etc)... a bit too long (as most japanese films seem to be.....) but for most of it its really hilarious and weird and fun to watch. Stars Tadanobu Asano in yet another movie where he hardly says anything at all.

pao-lino 09.09.2008 08:42 AM

yesterday I watched 4months 3 weeks 2days... shocking movie, really well done and great interpretation of the blond girl. It really works on explaining the everyday life in romania under the regime, all the difficulties and burocracies beneath everything, while the abortion... well, I guess it was the same everywhere and still is if illegal.

I watched also TU MI TURBI, a movie of the golden years of Roberto Benigni, really really funny, 4 skecthes where he baby sits Jesus and other funny situations.

Then THIS IS ENGLAND, great. 9/10. This 12 years old kid joins skinheads in Falklands-war-englang.

At the cinema, I watched BIRDWATCHERS, that was also at the venice film festival. I'ts a big italian production: the story is interesting, because true, of these Indios in brazil reclaiming for their lands occupied by rich fazienderos, but it's a very sterile movie, plus the dubbing is ridiculous, and so is the acting.

POSTAL is a great crap, seriously, and so is TEETH, in my opinion.

noisereductions 09.09.2008 08:45 AM

I'll pretty much watch anything with Lindsay Lohan in it.

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 08:48 AM

This is England is okay.

I liked Teeth though. Thought it was unique... never knew what to expect.

noisereductions 09.09.2008 09:13 AM

TEETH was great!

PAULYBEE2656 09.09.2008 09:37 AM

found my vhs copy of it last week, watched it last night for the first time in years... artwank ahoy but i like it still!

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 09:38 AM

I hate Gummo.

I hate Julien Donkey Boy even more.

!@#$%! 09.09.2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I hate Gummo.

I hate Julien Donkey Boy even more.

i dont actually hate gummo but i think it's enormously overrated. donkey kong however fucking boring-ass movie.

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 09:44 AM

Yep.

They've both got stuff in them that I feel I would love... if it was directed by someone else... I just find both films very incompetent.. in a bad way.

I did like Mister Lonely though.

PAULYBEE2656 09.09.2008 09:45 AM

julien donkey boy is absolutely appaling.... awful piece of shit... nearly as bad as that last gallo movie........ and nearly as bad as kids...but thats so last decade for us!

havent seen mr lonely yet, ive heard awful things tho.... the soundtrack is cool tho.

!@#$%! 09.09.2008 09:45 AM

i must spread some reputation before giving to paulybee again! damn!!!

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 09:47 AM

haha.

Yeah, how can you have the sense to have Warner Herzog drinking cough syrup out of a shoe, have Oval on the soundtrack, and have the most fuzzy and washed-out film ever (all great things)..... yet still make one of the most boring and awful films ever?

noisereductions 09.09.2008 09:49 AM

dying to see MISTER LONELY. (I dint see GUMMO or JULIEN, but LONELY looks incredible). Is it out on DVD yet or what????

atsonicpark 09.09.2008 09:51 AM

Nope. Was gonna be released by Tartan but they went bankrupt. It'll be released eventually on Dvd.

Right now, you can go to www.watch-movies.net and watch it for free. No downloads, torrents, or whatever.

!@#$%! 09.09.2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
dying to see MISTER LONELY. (I dint see GUMMO or JULIEN, but LONELY looks incredible). Is it out on DVD yet or what????

why? but why???