Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=122193)

!@#$%! 03.24.2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Don't forget Robert Smith :D

oh ha ha ha i see it now

Genteel Death 03.24.2020 11:04 AM

A friend told me I look like Robert Smith and J Mascis' mother in that pic.

!@#$%! 03.24.2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
J Mascis' mother in that pic.

i don't know that lady but first thing i saw was a little bit of this

i mean wardrobe wise not the actual face

i mean just hat-hair

ilduclo 03.24.2020 12:56 PM

Other good news: Pennsylvania designated beer distributors as a “life-sustaining service,” and New York deemed liquor stores to be “essential businesses.”

!@#$%! 03.24.2020 01:14 PM

the dotard wants the country "open by easter" (april 12)

please someone muzzle that sick dog until his term expires and he can return to maralago or whatever the fuck

Lisa Mcdowell 03.24.2020 01:42 PM

I am tired of coronavirus, the supermarkets are closed

h8kurdt 03.24.2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

please someone muzzle that sick dog until his term expires and he can return to maralago or whatever the fuck

Does the guy have any limits to his stupidity and pettiness

!@#$%! 03.24.2020 02:19 PM

toddler in chief

Skuj 03.24.2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...face-criticism

This subject has been mentioned in this thread, and the Defenders just keep playing the diversion game, pointing to other things that have nothing to do with Dotard's actions/words/incompetence.

Trump....please....just shut the fuck up.

The Usher 03.24.2020 03:37 PM

Hey America, your president is a fucking retard!

!@#$%! 03.24.2020 03:38 PM

i'll take pens i swear. yes he's a weirdly religious creep but at least he's partially adult.

_tunic_ 03.24.2020 07:48 PM

It makes perfect sense to me, or else he will have to cancel his date with the Bunny

Is it a stupid question to ask why your bunny wears glasses?

tw2113 03.24.2020 07:59 PM

Probably because the fictional bunny believes in science more than the thing in front of it.

_tunic_ 03.25.2020 04:03 AM

Oh my god! If you think Trump is a douchebag in handling Corona, check up on the Brasilian president:

Brazil's Bolsonaro Again Says Coronavirus Concern Overblown

Quote:

“In my particular case, with my history as an athlete, if I were infected by the virus, I wouldn’t need to worry,” Bolsonaro said in the address Tuesday. “I wouldn’t feel anything or, if very affected, it would be like a little flu or little cold.”

Edit:
his Wiki page has no mention of a career in athletics, he was in the military. And he grew up in Eldorado.

Chris Padilla 03.25.2020 05:23 AM

ever where the situation is getting worst day by day

!@#$%! 03.25.2020 05:31 AM

otro chinga su madre spammer

Severian 03.25.2020 07:25 AM

Quote:

yes man like a year ago and he just confirmed in previous page?

a lot has happened since but after many ordeals he eventually turned his place into the holy temple of the retro arcade. which looks fucking amazing.

no? anyway yeah he moved. i could tell you the broad outlines of his life just from what he posts and we talk about but don’t wanna repeat everything lol.

you can read his old posts.

I haven’t been here much lately, at all, and I don’t really pay that much attention to pages 1-?? of a 2-digit page number thread. But I believe you.
To be fair, it’s not the easiest place to just plop yourself into. Economically, socially, etc. Whatever hope he’s good.

ANYWAY
Did you know the news media is considered essential personnel during apocalypse times? I found out. Also had my salary cut temporarily because of issues with revenue in the company. A bunch of people were laid off yesterday and I’m just glad I wasn’t one of them, but I’m going to have a hard time getting through this period financially.

Goddamn Trump

!@#$%! 03.25.2020 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I haven’t been here much lately, at all, and I don’t really pay that much attention to pages 1-?? of a 2-digit page number thread. But I believe you.
To be fair, it’s not the easiest place to just plop yourself into. Economically, socially, etc. Whatever hope he’s good.

yeah he’s good no worries we got him lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian

ANYWAY
Did you know the news media is considered essential personnel during apocalypse times? I found out. Also had my salary cut temporarily because of issues with revenue in the company. A bunch of people were laid off yesterday and I’m just glad I wasn’t one of them, but I’m going to have a hard time getting through this period financially.

wow im glad for you as well.

i know what you mean about hard times and this is precisely why i keep my financial commitments low. that way when the guillotine falls i just get a haircut not a beheading.

anyway a recession is already here, and a depression is most likely coming, so plant some potatoes in your backyard this spring, homeowner.

nicfit 03.25.2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimesbf
And Nicfit stay the fuck indoors ffs.

Hey you!
Yep, I went out twice since march 8th, strictly for groceries.

Things here “seem” to be getting a little better, even if deaths are A LOT.
11000 people stopped and denounced while going around with no “legit” reason the other day, 8000 yesterday. Fines have risen to 400 up to 3000 euros, and up to 5 years in jail if you’re a “known positive” not observing the quarantine.

Fingers crossed this will help the most stubborn/stupid people to comply with the rules.

Bertrand 03.25.2020 03:13 PM

France.

The president keeps on dithering, not saying the proper words, leaving that part to the prime minister.
We were supposed to be quarantined from 16/03 to the end of the month. Well, now scientists have said that 6 weeks should be observed, we're still waiting for a sign from our great leaders.

Under former presidents, the hospital's been torn to pieces (if you speak leftist), and it's kept on well under Macron.
It's been a year now since nurses and doctors have mentioned that they were not given the means to achieve their goal.
But Macron, although young, is incredibly deaf.

It might not seem linked to the virus, but bear with me there's a connection:
From december to late january perhaps, there's been a good amount of strikes all over the country over a new reform on pensions.
Basically, pensions were calculated on your 25 best years (salary wise). Now, it's going to be calculated on all your working years. You've been unemployed when young ? That'll drag your pension down. You've been laid off once you reached 55 ? That'll drag your pension down. Etc.
So lots of strikes.
And all of a sudden, the PM decides that his reform will NOT be discussed by the deputies. No more. Too much opposition. There's a very strong bill in the constitution allowing to call the people we voted for to shut the fuck up.

Now, when did he decide all this?
During a council of ministers he had called on the topic of COVID-19...

What came out of that council?
A destruction of the pensions and nix on COVID-19...