Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 12.03.2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Started an 18 hours hospital shift at 2:00 PM this afternoon. At 9:45 PM tonight, I almost watched my father-in-law die. The Respiratory Therapist started a breathing collar as they wanted my father-in-law to go another three hours off the ventalator (successfully completed three hours this morning).

The first hour passes with no problems. Ten minutes into hour number two, my father-in-law becomes panicked mouthing he can't breath. I stand at his bedside trying to reasure him by reminding him to breath and he sakes his head in agreement. A few minutes later, his heart rate drops very low and the color is gone from his face and foam starts flowing from his mouth (oh so scarry). Several nurses entered the room (one with a crash cart) and the Respiratory Therapist bags his throat. More foam out of the mouth, the eyes open and he is halfway smiling at all the people standing around his bed.

One nurse said, "you scared us" and he mouthed, "me too." Let me type, "me three." It happened soooo fast.

WOW WOW WOW - don't know how I could have called my wife or mother-in-law and told them he died during my watch.

holy shit ! how does this story end up in the "irrelevant" thread i don't know!! cuz this is as real & relevant as it gets! daaaamn! BEST WISHES TO YOUR FAMILY BYTOR.

Rob Instigator 12.03.2012 09:58 AM

That shit is fucked up Bytor.

what a fucking night for you.

EVOLghost 12.03.2012 07:32 PM

Trama 12.04.2012 07:16 AM

Rob Instigator 12.04.2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
unless, yr talking about the card scattering scene in Rain Man, i have no idea what yr referring to. anything post 89 Cruise i dont bother with.

i have no hope for Cruise anymore since Katty left him. even jumping on Oprah's couch didn't deter me when i thought his 90's films sucked.

Mission Impossible ghost protocol was fucking good man!!!!!! and I hates me some Tom Cruise

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.04.2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Started an 18 hours hospital shift at 2:00 PM this afternoon. At 9:45 PM tonight, I almost watched my father-in-law die. The Respiratory Therapist started a breathing collar as they wanted my father-in-law to go another three hours off the ventalator (successfully completed three hours this morning).

The first hour passes with no problems. Ten minutes into hour number two, my father-in-law becomes panicked mouthing he can't breath. I stand at his bedside trying to reasure him by reminding him to breath and he sakes his head in agreement. A few minutes later, his heart rate drops very low and the color is gone from his face and foam starts flowing from his mouth (oh so scarry). Several nurses entered the room (one with a crash cart) and the Respiratory Therapist bags his throat. More foam out of the mouth, the eyes open and he is halfway smiling at all the people standing around his bed.

One nurse said, "you scared us" and he mouthed, "me too." Let me type, "me three." It happened soooo fast.

WOW WOW WOW - don't know how I could have called my wife or mother-in-law and told them he died during my watch.

OUCH. the ICU is a terrifying place, it is the modern world's hospice, the modern world's death bed of Isaac, where like a sheepish Jacob we must face inevitably. I spent several weeks caring for my grandfather as he died of lung cancer in the ICU. Every day, every single day, somebody dies in there. It is depressing. But such is life. These are the cycles, and the noblest, most honorably, must truly human thing any human can do for another human is face the pains and fears of death together. Such is the dignity of humanity, and what makes us all either true men or women. God bless you in this experience, they never get easier even as they become routine :(

EVOLghost 12.04.2012 10:57 PM

everytime....I'm glad I didn't and did.

EVOLghost 12.05.2012 06:04 AM

Nefeli 12.05.2012 08:12 AM

i was bad.
i have this new friend, i mean i only know him for a year.
he really gets to my nerves lately.
he always starts a phone conversation with 'ah you finally picked it up?' or 'you never call me', then he keeps on blablablabla always about his stuff and projects and money he will get, and whines about his deadlines, but if i say smth that i m not feeling very well (waiting for zero money), he degrades my problems.
so yesterday, i yelled at him.
*and i was bad, because i let his 'fortune' affect me. its not how i am or want to be.
it was the 2nd time, if i m not mistaken.

anyway, i dont want to ruin the whatever friendship we have. its not that i dont like him and some times he has said very thoughtful things to me.
but he is mega selfcentered and tiring.

gast30 12.05.2012 12:42 PM

a whatever friendship ?

it is your problem nefeli
you allow him to this whatever friendship

so you should not complain about the choises you made
don't like it
make other choises

you rule your life
not other people

ink. 12.05.2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost

siick.

we've been watching oddities on netflix some nights and they had one of these in the shop.

gast30 12.05.2012 11:10 PM

i have a pimple on my back
made me think on the positive sides of a relationship
if i had a girl she could push the pimple out

i'm going for a relationship

gast30 12.05.2012 11:21 PM

going to fix weed tomorrow
these winterdays are deadly boring

gast30 12.06.2012 01:31 AM

painting work of my bedroom is almost finished
gonna watch some tv and then jump on the bus to the netherlands and see what i can fix

EVOLghost 12.06.2012 06:43 AM

gast30 12.06.2012 07:23 AM

could fix some weed on the street
expensive doh
last time i buy there

EVOLghost 12.07.2012 07:29 AM

stu666 12.07.2012 01:32 PM

Driving school for dogs in New Zealand

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20614593

gast30 12.07.2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfeatencake