Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

!@#$%! 05.24.2022 04:13 PM

the original kids in the hall as prelude to watching the amazon reboot. which is also original, i mean, same cast just older.

there's a weird situation on amazon where it looks like you're required to have amc+ to watch it, but when you look at the seasons, the episodes included on prime video (*all of them*) are listed side by side with the amc ones. very confusing lol. but findable.

tw2113 05.25.2022 01:33 AM

Restarted Stranger Things in anticipation for the new season.

Severian 05.25.2022 06:04 AM

Finished Atlanta season 3 finally.
Trying to stay caught up on Barry and Better Call Saul but I’m at least 1 episode behind on both (both shows are darker than ever this season, which I was expecting but it makes it a little less fun).

Everyone pray for Kim Wexler!

!@#$%! 05.25.2022 10:34 AM

severian! no spoilers!! :D

Severian 05.26.2022 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
severian! no spoilers!! :D

Did I do a spoiler? I’m way behind on the show so I don’t think I did.

But anyone who’s seen Breaking Bad knows that a certain beloved Better Call Saul character isn’t in that show, which has begged the question for years. That’s all I’m saying.

!@#$%! 05.26.2022 06:26 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.27.2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

the original kids in the hall as prelude to watching the amazon reboot. which is also original, i mean, same cast just older.

there's a weird situation on amazon where it looks like you're required to have amc+ to watch it, but when you look at the seasons, the episodes included on prime video (*all of them*) are listed side by side with the amc ones. very confusing lol. but findable.

i still have my DVDs lol

KitH never gets old

my fav sketch show still

!@#$%! 05.28.2022 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
i still have my DVDs lol

KitH never gets old

my fav sketch show still

30 helens agree: kids in the hall never gets old :D

hhahahaaaa it's so good. i had never seen them all in order.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.28.2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

30 helens agree: kids in the hall never gets old :D

hhahahaaaa it's so good. i had never seen them all in order.

Cole slaw really does deserve a second chance :p

tw2113 05.28.2022 11:18 PM

I recently learned that the sketch show "Fridays" is available on TubiTV

https://tubitv.com/series/140/the-be...ays?start=true

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fridays_(TV_series)

!@#$%! 05.29.2022 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Cole slaw really does deserve a second chance :p

i remember a time when coleslaw practically anchored a meal hahahahaaa

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.29.2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

i remember a time when coleslaw practically anchored a meal hahahahaaa

There's a Mexican joint in my neighborhood which serves it as an optional side alongside refried beans or rice. A unique pairing, but also unironically both the best cole slaw and Mexican food in town.

Severian 05.31.2022 08:27 PM

Barry season 3 had a great episode on Sunday
Better Call Saul season 6, part 1 ended with a son-of-a-bitch of a cliffhanger and I’m PISSED

tw2113 06.02.2022 09:41 PM

Our Flag Means Death at the moment

Severian 06.03.2022 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
Our Flag Means Death at the moment

Watched the first episode of that but wasn’t totally sucked in. How is it?

tw2113 06.05.2022 10:46 AM

Not one that i'm completely gushing over, but still found it decent in the end. I am glad to hear that it is getting a lot of praise for LGBTQA representation

Antagon 07.29.2022 11:19 AM

Just finished my first completely conscious run of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Used to watch it on TV as a wee one, but it went completely over my head then. Overall, really compelling and much more even/consistent in quality than TNG. I liked all the shades of gray in how the protagonists' actions were portrayed. And the whole intergalactic intrigue/Dominion plot was very compelling (also unfortunately a bit too close to the current international situation, sans Alien lifeforms, of course).

One thing I didn't care for is the preoccupation with the 'Prophets' towards the end. Sisko was an interesting enough character already. There was no need for that sudden shift to quasi-deification. His full acceptance of the whole deal also kind of came out of nowhere after being skeptical/aloof about it for the most part of the series run.

Anyway, really strong and nuanced show. I can see why it has such a favorable standing amongst Trek series.

Rob Instigator 08.01.2022 10:28 AM

DS9 rules

Rob Instigator 08.01.2022 03:07 PM

wife and I rewatched Breaking bad (fast forwarding through the endless Skyler scenes) and thenre-watched El Camino.

we have been enjoying the finale of Better call Saul.

We need a new show, preferably one on Netflix. Any suggestions?

!@#$%! 08.01.2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
wife and I rewatched Breaking bad (fast forwarding through the endless Skyler scenes) and thenre-watched El Camino.

we have been enjoying the finale of Better call Saul.

We need a new show, preferably one on Netflix. Any suggestions?

fucking skyler, lol.

netflix show hm rrrrrrrrr lemme think... you seen witcher i presume? first season was great i have to catch up with the rest. best thing i saw there in a while.

eta i have not had netflix since... 2019? but i will add more between these lines:
--------
+orange is the new black had its good moments, at times it was annoying others depressing others a cartoon and at some point i quit watching but worth the initial look
+russian doll. i loved russian doll. season 1 anyway, i heard there were gonna be more
+house of cards. it was fucking brilliant. then it got mauled by a cough cough change of cast but o well
+severian likes ozark, i never saw it (i'd say too many drug dealers after breaking bad, give it a breather?)
+i've heard good things about queen's gambit but idk in person
+oh! the last kingdom was a bit of cheesy entertainment with some distorted historical reference mixed in. but i liked it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+bojack! holy fuck, bojack was great. hilarious, depressing, heart wrenching, contemptible, poetic, enraging, everything
+was "salt, fat, acid, heat" on netflix? i think so, very good 4 part docu with samin nosrat. it will make you HUNGRY
+the stand up comedy specials are great, plenty of choices according to taste
+glow started great then in turned meh but some great laughs before they killed it
+was kimmy schmidt unbreakable or unbearable? the latter for me... too many forced jokes, idk, that style of comedy is spent for me now
i mostly don't like netflix now, it has become stupider as it grew in popularity, but every couple of years or so i like to rent it for a month and see what i've missed. looking forward to a bit more of witcher's comedic ultraviolence.
-------

meanwhile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
DS9 rules

YES

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Anyway, really strong and nuanced show. I can see why it has such a favorable standing amongst Trek series.

also don't forget the massive comic relief that is quark hahahahahahahahaha fucking quark.... same actor as principal snyder from buffy btw lmao

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/...of_Acquisition