Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

EMMAh 05.28.2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
last night I watched "13" (or is it "thirteen"?) for the third time (not in a row, in 3 years). I dunno why, I don't think it's that interesting/great at all.
bah.
Dubbed movies got really strange to my ears lately.

I have seen it about that many times too, and I also don't think it's all that great.
The people who made it probably did it for awareness, but I think it brought several dumb ideas to many little girls heads. That's what TV does these days though...

Rob Instigator 05.28.2008 02:55 PM

is that the one wher a thirteen year old gets her cousin who is also thirteen to get laid?

EMMAh 05.28.2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
is that the one wher a thirteen year old gets her cousin who is also thirteen to get laid?

They aren't cousins.

The one girl is a geeky looking thing and becomes a skank drug user to be cool. She gets fucked in the head and cuts herself, and her "best friend" betrays her.

Rob Instigator 05.28.2008 03:01 PM

ahhhh. do people really love watching other people's sensationalistic problems in film? I don;t.

those kinds of movies make me want to die. The world is fucking horrible enough, more horrible than any one of us can imagine, for me to spend money and time watching people suffer.

EMMAh 05.28.2008 03:11 PM

I like to watch some TV and movies where people suffer, it depends on the suffering though.
It would be boring as hell to only watch happy go lucky movies all the time.

Rob Instigator 05.28.2008 03:39 PM

I can deal with movies where people suffer bexcause of the story being told, but movies where people just live these shit lives and we get to se ehow shit their lives are? I got better things to do.

donnie darko anyone?

nicfit 05.28.2008 03:47 PM

in this case the suffering is the story being told, methinks. Not that well, anyways....

EMMAh 05.28.2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I can deal with movies where people suffer bexcause of the story being told, but movies where people just live these shit lives and we get to se ehow shit their lives are? I got better things to do.

donnie darko anyone?

Very true.

I love Donnie Darko.

Sonic Youth 37 05.28.2008 09:51 PM

I'm about 4 days from being without internet at all, and when I do get it back, it'll most likely be dial-up. Bye-bye Soulseek and torrents.

Cantankerous 05.28.2008 10:11 PM

last night i was breathing irregularly and i fell asleep on the bathroom floor for over an hour and woke drenched in sweat and in a puddle of my own saliva.

gmku 05.28.2008 10:13 PM

We suddenly have a problem with fruit flies.

Sonic Youth 37 05.28.2008 10:13 PM

Sleeping on the bathroom floor is never ever fun.

Cantankerous 05.28.2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
We suddenly have a problem with fruit flies.

????

EMMAh 05.28.2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
Last night i was breathing irregularly and i fell asleep on the bathroom floor for over an hour and woke drenched in sweat and in a puddle of my own saliva.

That's tasty. I bet you looked amazing haha.

Today I was drying my teeth and the inside of my top and bottom lip, then sticking my lips to my teeth and flaring my nostrils. It's loads of fun haha.

gmku 05.28.2008 10:16 PM

Little flies. I think b/c we keep some apples in a bowl on the counter. It hasn't been a problem, but maybe because of the warmer weather, now we're seeing these little fruit flies in the kitchen.

Anyway, I thought saying that was particularly irrelevant and yet had a certain resonance.

Cantankerous 05.28.2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
That's tasty. I bet you looked amazing haha.

oh yeah, super heroin chic.

EMMAh 05.28.2008 11:20 PM

The next Kate Moss, that's what you are.

Or you can be the Lindsay Lohan if you prefer?

Cantankerous 05.28.2008 11:21 PM

eww she's disgusting no (blohan not kate)

Sonic Youth 37 05.28.2008 11:24 PM

Man is five!
(i'm posting far too much here.)

EMMAh 05.28.2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
eww she's disgusting no (blohan not kate)

She really is hahaha