Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.13.2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
but, yeah...we need out. this is not what I signed up for.

Isn't that the motto of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who ever immigrated to Australia before?

floatingslowly 02.13.2014 03:46 PM

^^^ hahahaha yeah...

my brother in law's great grandfather was sent here for stealing a straight razor and a loaf of bread. OFF YOU GO!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
however, noone is allowed to call a kid, stupid.
messes with their head more than it should.

while discussing this last night, my wife told me that she called the boy a "dumbshit" the other day. "dumbshit" isn't a term of endearment too, is it?

I'm livid. he's 10 1/2 months old, and well-able to comprehend what's being said to him, even if "dumbshit" is just now entering his lexicon.

typically, I would never discuss this much of "real life" here, but I'm losing it. I can't really FaceSpace this shit, because of family, and there's really no-one else to talk to.

sorry for the venting.

I've been up since 5am looking for jobs in Brisbane. I could use some communal magic. wish me well.

floatingslowly 02.13.2014 03:53 PM

Diversity information

Do you belong to any of the following groups? Note: The completion of this section is optional; information is treated confidentially and used for statistical purposes only.

People with disability
No

Aboriginal people
No

People from a non-English-speaking background
No

Torres Strait Islander people
No

Women
No

Australian South Sea Islander
No

Provide any additional information if required

Maximum of 1000 characters.

I have extensive experience and would be excellent for this position. Although I am currently living in Victoria, I am willing and able to relocate immediately.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.13.2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

^^^ hahahaha yeah...

Quote:

while discussing this last night, my wife told me that she called the boy a "dumbshit" the other day. "dumbshit" isn't a term of endearment too, is it?

Can we even consider what they speak their English? I prefer to more commonly accepted nomenclature, "Howling IV speak"

Quote:

typically, I would never discuss this much of "real life" here, but I'm losing it. I can't really FaceSpace this shit, because of family, and there's really no-one else to talk to.

Its all good, we totally get it and feel you pain. Crickey man, it sucks out there!

Quote:

I've been up since 5am looking for jobs in Brisbane. I could use some communal magic. wish me well.

floatingslowly 02.13.2014 04:30 PM

in lieu of prayer, I will happily accept .jpgs.

Igziabeher bless. etc.

Rob Instigator 02.13.2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Diversity information

Do you belong to any of the following groups? Note: The completion of this section is optional; information is treated confidentially and used for statistical purposes only.

People with disability
No

Aboriginal people
No

People from a non-English-speaking background
No

Torres Strait Islander people
No

Women
No

Australian South Sea Islander
No

Provide any additional information if required

Maximum of 1000 characters.

I have extensive experience and would be excellent for this position. Although I am currently living in Victoria, I am willing and able to relocate immediately.

Jesus fuck. women make up 51% of the human race! Tell them you are half Yma Sumac and see what they do. They will be fooled

Rob Instigator 02.13.2014 04:35 PM

from a post somewhere on metawebs titled 101 things to do when you are unemployed

floatingslowly 02.13.2014 05:17 PM

I've been tempted to play up the Native American thang, but they think aboriginals are "black people" here.

there are NO black people here.

also: in order of fairness, I need to state that the person whom I am dealing with is not the person that I've known. my son loves his 'Nin, she is often very good to him and is obviously dealing with a burgeoning mental collapse/disease/disunion/disorder/derangement/mixup/mixup/mixup. I fear one day my wife will face the same, but luckily, for me at least, I'll be long dead.

nicfit 02.13.2014 05:25 PM

I just realized I somehow forgot to have dinner.

Genteel Death 02.13.2014 06:16 PM

I don't think Sonic Youth (not that improv/ free whatever stuff their members sometimes do) have been influential on interesting bands in at least a decade.

MellySingsDoom 02.13.2014 06:48 PM

Just seen the Channel 4 Dispatches "Hunted" documentary on homophobia in Russia. Am angry and depressed in equal measure. Fucking hell.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.13.2014 11:29 PM

EVOLghost 02.14.2014 12:37 AM

all of the sudden...i want potato chips.

MellySingsDoom 02.14.2014 02:32 AM

Cold update: Have woken up this morning to find that my cold is 95% gone - hurrah!

Nefeli 02.14.2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

sorry for the venting.

no worries dear; vent away.
its unhealthy to keep everything inside.
and as long as this place can still be somewhat disconnected from rest of social media, thats a good thing.

wishing you well.

Nefeli 02.14.2014 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't think Sonic Youth (not that improv/ free whatever stuff their members sometimes do) have been influential on interesting bands in at least a decade.

its because the sounds have changed- probably. and theirs remained the same, which isnt always a bad thing.. but honestly i never had them in my head as being that influential, rather than very good promoters of bands, who otherwise would remain unknown. and i love them for that.

Genteel Death 02.14.2014 04:55 AM

I was drunk when I wrote that. Yes, they did influence some good bands in the past decade but not that many. When I go through the records I've been buying for the past 7/8 years, none of those bands seem to like or be influenced by Sonic Youth much.

Nefeli 02.14.2014 04:57 AM

thats a good thing, no?
we need 'new' sounds etc.

Genteel Death 02.14.2014 04:59 AM

yes, absolutely. not saying that in a negative way.

floatingslowly 02.14.2014 05:45 AM

artwork from my rap-album: Robbing the Instigator

front

back