Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

pony 08.13.2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I've gone to A LOT of shows solo because no body else I know is into it. Its not the greatest but the show itself is always worth it..

But I know what you mean, I haven't gone to a show by myself in years to be honest, and it probably only accounts for less than 7% of all the hundreds of gigs I've been too

it's the same for me, but every time I go to a gig alone I get really nervous before and don't wanna go (if i *really* like the band/musician I am going anyway). most of the times I make new friends at the gig, but the times I spent a whole show alone kinda make me uncomfortable... Between bands I never know what to do except sit down somewhere and... have a drink and look around. and feel stupid.

last week i decided to go alone, I meet up with friends before the gig, but they didn't want to go in. But AGAIN, I made new friends at the gig and the night was fun. I am glad I went.

AND I got to hold Nate Young like a baby. That was weird. AAAH.

evollove 08.13.2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
and feel stupid.

But you probably don't look stupid.

I don't think I've ever seen someone sitting alone and thought they looked stupid.

Yet, everytime I have sat alone, I too have felt stupid.

How stupid.

Rob Instigator 08.13.2014 03:50 PM

strange, I totally know how you guys feel about going to shows alone, but some of the very best gigs I have ever seen were when I went alone.

evollove 08.13.2014 06:02 PM

Oh, don't get me wrong. I have, and if I'm in the right mental state, it's fine. In fact, saw Sonic Youth alone and had a delightful time finding the sweet spot and just listening to one of my favorite bands and not a friend's editorial or whatever.

But I'm more often self-conscious, although I have reason to be. (I'm ugly and stupid and everyone hates me). Everyone else is being a pussy.

EVOLghost 08.14.2014 11:09 AM

It's just the downtown between bands tht kill me.

Other than that. Who gives a fuck? Music is on so groove out!

evollove 08.14.2014 06:00 PM

But your an attractive intelligent person. You could made friends between sets.

I'm ugly and stupid and everyone hates me, so I don't have a chance. Why bother?

!@#$%! 08.14.2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
I'm ugly and stupid and everyone hates me, so I don't have a chance. Why bother?

don't sweat it. everyone who goes to see obscure bands knows what it's like to wake up in the morning with the taste of failure in their mouths.

especially the loud bros with their beers who're trying so hard to be cool.

there is nothing to fear.

EVOLghost 08.14.2014 06:52 PM

^he might be onto something.

But I too am hideous and also I can be extremely awkward sometimes.

evollove 08.14.2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
especially the loud bros with their beers who're trying so hard to be cool.

Yeah, they are trying, aren't they?

Probably because of these people, I now and then think something along the lines of: "Who the fuck are these people? What do I care what they think? My few good qualities are better than their many mediocre ones. I'll take my literacy over your social life anytime. Go ahead and call me a loser. From you it's a compliment."

Not sure if this is confidence or just anger. Or the truth.

!@#$%! 08.14.2014 07:36 PM

it doesn't matter. go and enjoy your show. people are trees.

evollove 08.14.2014 07:45 PM

Next time I go, I'll tell people that. "Don't look at me, asshole. You're nothing but a fucking tree."

!@#$%! 08.14.2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Next time I go, I'll tell people that. "Don't look at me, asshole. You're nothing but a fucking tree."

just carve your initials on them with a knife!

chocolate_ladyland 08.15.2014 07:39 AM

gawker sucks and needs to fire its editors for making sensationalist, clickbait titles that have little to do with the articles. when once in a blue moon they post something well written (http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/ame...ple-1620169913) they nearly ruin it with a title that's complete crap.

!@#$%! 08.15.2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
gawker sucks and needs to fire its editors for making sensationalist, clickbait titles that have little to do with the articles. when once in a blue moon they post something well written (http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/ame...ple-1620169913) they nearly ruin it with a title that's complete crap.

i actually read that yesterday and it was pretty great.

gawker in general is a shitty cesspool but sometimes it surprises

EVOLghost 08.16.2014 05:23 PM

Made a new friend :) he was on the 3s junkies page on FB and I decided to randomly post the arcade cabinet and this guy moved here from NYC a year ago and wasn't familiar with the scene :). Well now we have more competition for SF3! He like actually knows how to play too!! I'm so excited we've been having some good bouts and once the MK is fixed...then we will really have some serious showdowns

pony 08.18.2014 04:12 PM

GUESS WHO HAS HER JOB BACK??!!! guess guess guess, CORRECT IT'S ME!

!@#$%! 08.18.2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

GUESS WHO HAS HER JOB BACK??!!! guess guess guess, CORRECT IT'S ME!

did the old owner reopen the bar or did the new owner hire you or what?

pony 08.19.2014 02:19 PM

new owners :cool:

i'll finally have money again! WHOOH!! BOOKS!!!

!@#$%! 08.19.2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

new owners :cool:

i'll finally have money again! WHOOH!! BOOKS!!!

ahhh... junkies and their fixes!

did you ever read the walter benjamin essay about being a book collector? pretty awesome.

James Blonde 08.19.2014 04:47 PM

to get drunk at the moment or not?