Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

schizophrenicroom 01.29.2015 04:08 PM

yo! thanks dude. holy shit. that was 8 years ago. ive done little of note since.

Nefeli 01.30.2015 10:38 AM

i have a mild crush on my father's cardiologist.

no worries, it will go away soon.
its just he is so sweet, kind and approachable. we arent used to doctors being human. we have been lucky though; our pathologist used to be a saint. he has passed away.
didnt have a crush on him. i m not that weirdo. ok, perhaps i only wished i had hugged him once.

evollove 01.30.2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i have a mild crush on my father's cardiologist.

Is this a set-up for an obvious "heart" pun?

Rob Instigator 01.30.2015 10:57 AM

at least she doesn't have a crush on her dad's proctologist....

Nefeli 01.30.2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Is this a set-up for an obvious "heart" pun?

really no.

rob! no work is shame! :) editagain oh fuck i mean any job is shamless? whatever! you know what i mean.

anyway, seriously. a huge shitball is over my father's head, or heart if you like and near future will be very crucial..among other very dangerous stuff.
and i have been deprived myself from posting about that too. but had somehow to justify mypoor sense of humor atm.

Nefeli 01.30.2015 11:41 AM

thank you.

Rob Instigator 01.30.2015 12:04 PM

Hope for the best for you and yours Nef....

_tunic_ 01.30.2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
a huge shitball is over my father's head.

I should not read this forum while having dinner, I know. But you just ruined my appetite ;)
But best of luck to your dad! And it's good that you have a doctor that you can talk to and who can explain what's going on in human language

schizophrenicroom 01.31.2015 01:00 AM

Hope all is well dude

_tunic_ 02.01.2015 04:52 PM

I replaced a faucet in my mom's kitchen today. I'm so proud of myself :)
Fixing the old one by a professional would have cost 120 euros in labour costs alone, and ordering the missing parts would take another month. So we bought a cheap replacement for just over 30 Euros. Yes we're Dutch!

only problem is that the cold and warm water lines are now reversed, so I'll still need to fix that ;)

pantophobia 02.04.2015 02:24 PM

waiting around all day not eating or drinking waiting to have a tube stuck down your throat to see how fucked up your stomach is

Antagon 02.04.2015 04:11 PM

My second stint as a DJ turned out to be even better than the first time around. Got to talk to the host of another event called "Totentanz/Gallow Dance". She said she might consider working with me in the future.

schizophrenicroom 02.04.2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
waiting around all day not eating or drinking waiting to have a tube stuck down your throat to see how fucked up your stomach is

yikes, hope it goes well dude

!@#$%! 02.04.2015 08:24 PM

Oh damn, i just saw panto's post!!

Get better brother p!!!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.04.2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
My second stint as a DJ turned out to be even better than the first time around. Got to talk to the host of another event called "Totentanz/Gallow Dance". She said she might consider working with me in the future.

I hate djing its soooooo much fucking work! Id rather play a gig than rock the sound system

schizophrenicroom 02.04.2015 09:27 PM

dudes suck

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.04.2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
dudes suck

schizophrenicroom 02.04.2015 10:09 PM

hahaha. basically, i'm in this sort of non-relationship with a guy who i like and we get along great, but he's really too eager to push me to get on with life and get my shit together when honestly right now just getting through the day is a carefully calibrated measure... not like i'm not trying and eager to move on, but i don't think he understands a very fundamental aspect of my situation. and i'm in love with someone else i can't have, and that sorta makes things painful because i feel like i'm settling for stuff, but in reality not because i have no shot there... i dunno. male perspective?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.04.2015 10:56 PM

Male perspective... If you are in love with a person who used to love you, i have to confess that you will ALWAYS love them, so you have to learn how to grow and move on in accepting your feelings. Just because you love somebody, doesn't mean y'all can be or are meant to be together. Love is weird like that.. you need to work toward getting to having love without "being in love" which really is just a matter of time healing wounds

schizophrenicroom 02.04.2015 11:03 PM

yeah, I'm trying to get into that love the one you're with thing. we have a fairly substantial age difference which, that's not a huge deal to me but I want a career path (English PhD) that I just don't know if I can see someone waiting for me to be 30 to be establishes when they'll be almost 50