Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 02.12.2015 11:35 PM

SPOOKIE'S FLATBREAD which i keep on my evernote [brackets mine]

1 sachet dried yeast [2.25 tsp], 450g [500 works better] bread flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp salt, 350ml [12 oz] hand hot water, 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix together, knead for 10 minutes, rest for 1 hour, punch down, divide into 6-8 pieces. Roll out as flat as you can and fry on yr griddle in OLIVE OIL for the tastiest flatbread.
==

^^ i highly recommend king arthur bread flour which retails for $4 for 5lb at my local walrats. gold... soemthing sells for $1 less is fine too. also makes awesome pancakes.

schizophrenicroom 02.12.2015 11:41 PM

that gif is a work of art. truly.

ugh bread sounds so good right now. a flatbread with some prosciutto and balsamic vinegar and veggies. get in my belly.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.12.2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
that gif is a work of art. .

Yes. Yes it is.

schizophrenicroom 02.13.2015 12:06 AM

how's your night?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.13.2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
its a joke that im even still a live in this fucking neo liberal deathcamp of subsistence level consumerism anyway. i get to be alive to enjoy the privelege of not having to kill myself. i cant even have a nervous breakdown anymore.

dude. You need to smoke a joint and relax yo

schizophrenicroom 02.13.2015 01:29 AM

nervous breakdowns are overrated

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.13.2015 01:46 AM

Quote:

how's your night?

Just got out of my night school class.. finally get to sip a brew after a week of 14 hour days.. gonna eat some mushrooms after work tomorrow, really looking forward to a vision quest. And yours? A bit late in Florida no?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.13.2015 01:49 AM

Quote:

ooh. i'm down. and yeah, i was just gonna skip the fries because i don't even want to bother lugging a bag of potatoes to my f
riend's place.

NEVER SKIP ON THE HOMEFRIES. NEVER. its a mortal sin

schizophrenicroom 02.13.2015 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Just got out of my night school class.. finally get to sip a brew after a week of 14 hour days.. gonna eat some mushrooms after work tomorrow, really looking forward to a vision quest. And yours? A bit late in Florida no?

i hit the gym late at night, hence my erratic reply times. it was a decent work out. i wasn't in the best health for a while and wanna rebuild my body.

you have crazy long days. i wish I had something to do all day.

Bytor Peltor 02.13.2015 07:59 AM

Just a small portion of our walk-in cooler

Rob Instigator 02.13.2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Tobacco killed 480,000 Americans in 2013, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Alcohol killed 29,001 in the same year.

By comparison, heroin, prescription drugs, including opiods (pain killers) and benzodiazapines (anti-anxiety medication) and cocaine, the drugs with the highest number of deaths other than tobacco and alcohol, combined to kill 4,202 Americans.

Marijuana, which is legal for recreational use in Washington and Colorado, did not cause any deaths, according to the CDC.

from the Houston Chronicle.

BTW, it seems that in Washington state the govt sold many many more weed-grow licenses than weed-sell licenses, and so the price has bottomed out. high grade skunk and 'dro is going for $800 a POUND in places!!

schizophrenicroom 02.13.2015 12:43 PM

I'm not a flower girl but those are gorgeous arrangements.

surprised how low the opiates/benzos death toll is. but the antidotes and treatment for od or withdrawal are marvelous.

Bytor Peltor 02.14.2015 09:05 AM

Thx, Schiz......we delivered 170 arrangements yesterday......off for another day of delivering fun!

My 12 year old didn't have school yesterday, so she helped me on some of the deliveries. We had a BIG order going to one places, over 20 orders of various sizes. One series was this glass bowl with arrangement inside. The bowls were a little heavy with the water. I went to pick one up and the glass snapped in my hand. Fortunately, I wasn't cut. In all of my years of delivering, I have NEVER dropped an order. So I pick up the next glass bowl with both hands as I start towards the door, the bowl shatters in my hands (no cuts).

It was in the mid 30's here yesterday and we determined the cold glass and my warm hands caused the glass to break. Very fortunate none of the other bowls reacted in the same way.

schizophrenicroom 02.14.2015 01:53 PM

you're lucky too you didn't get hurt badly!

I have a god awful hangover today.

EVOLghost 02.14.2015 06:08 PM

^

i'm in the same boat. last night I got too sick at the arcade. I think I smoked too much weed and drank too much on an empty stomach....wellll...never again.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.14.2015 06:19 PM

The mushrooms were great last night.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.14.2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^

i'm in the same boat. last night I got too sick at the arcade. I think I smoked too much weed and drank too much on an empty stomach....wellll...never again.

Can't drink and smoke too much get the spins

schizophrenicroom 02.14.2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^

oh lord. I saw against me last night then went onto a house party and saw a very dear old friend. fun night. don't recall much.

!@#$%! 02.15.2015 01:28 AM

I am at a mArdi gras party.

EVOLghost 02.15.2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

oh lord. I saw against me last night then went onto a house party and saw a very dear old friend. fun night. don't recall much.

I forget...but I'm pretty sure a member of that band goes to the salon my girlfriend works at.
EDIT: nyeah...it's the bassist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Can't drink and smoke too much get the spins

dood..yeah...tell me about it. I used to be really good with it before...but I've been more responsible now and don't drink no where as much as I used to....and Friday night really reminded me of that. Anyways...that was a bit embarrassing....I fucked up my foot too...I have no idea how either...