Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

schizophrenicroom 03.12.2015 12:15 AM

i had a great time tonight with some friends from high school i hadnt seen in forever, playing bar trivia. we called ourselves "jet fuel can't melt steel beams but it can melt your mom's heart" and came in third so our beers were paid for. whoo!

_slavo_ 03.12.2015 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i used to have to go every day for my methadone dose. always early, between 8 am and noon.

you used to have to go for your METHADONE DOSE? for real?
you used to do drugs in the past?

Bytor Peltor 03.12.2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

"jet fuel can't melt steel beams but it can melt your mom's heart"

Free beer is always nice......for those who enjoy beer

gmku 03.12.2015 07:38 AM

My LDL went from solidly optimal last summer to borderline high this work, per my blood test. Cause: Last summer we switched from filter-brewed coffee to french press. I've done nothing else differently.

Don't do what I have done, children! Stay away from the french press. It does make damned good coffee though.

We've gone back to the Chemex method.

!@#$%! 03.12.2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_

yes she did. you gotta read her posts more often!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Don't do what I have done, children! Stay away from the french press. It does make damned good coffee though.

ha ha ha. i ditched my french press for a can of french roast instant. at 8 cents a cup i don't care if it kills me.

sorry about the cholesterol thing. though i don't know which one is which. LDL = bad one, yes?

eat more fish yo. not tilapia.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.12.2015 08:38 AM

I dare say slavo was being sarcastic

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 11:43 AM

here is what chatterbox has been mumbling/ranting about in just the past 10 minutes

I wish she would have contacted me
Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Concur is....I'm not happy
I think they bounced Christie....
Arrrggghhhhhhh!
I am not happy....These retired people are more trouble than they are worth
Little quickie-doodle
Allllright, let's see what she's got
I don;t know what the heck she is talking about
OK...
Ok...
he he he STOP IT!
For....
I bet Christie is looking at this
Ogh God
Link, link. link
Goodie!
hey sugarbear
stop it!

all fucking goddamn day..............

!@#$%! 03.12.2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
here is what chatterbox has been mumbling/ranting about in just the past 10 minutes

I wish she would have contacted me
Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Concur is....I'm not happy
I think they bounced Christie....
Arrrggghhhhhhh!
I am not happy....These retired people are more trouble than they are worth
Little quickie-doodle
Allllright, let's see what she's got
I don;t know what the heck she is talking about
OK...
Ok...
he he he STOP IT!
For....
I bet Christie is looking at this
Ogh God
Link, link. link
Goodie!
hey sugarbear
stop it!

all fucking goddamn day..............

lolol. i am sorry man. i'm laughing at this but i'm sorry too. seriously.

have you tried the "music bed" suggestion i proposed? i.e, muzak. of course at the dean's office it can't be skronk, and you don't want some lame-ass easy-listening orchestral versions of old pop, but from palestrina to arvo pärt there is ample fabric to make you some bigass sound curtains.

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 11:59 AM

I wish I could transcribe the random grunts, groans, chortles, squeals, etc.

!@#$%! 03.12.2015 12:07 PM

Rob Instigator 03.12.2015 01:10 PM

best fucking luck PLips

schizophrenicroom 03.12.2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_

i was on it for like six months. clinic was only open from 630 am to noon, and only from 7-8 on sat/sun morning which was awful because i had like an hour-hourish commute each way. so like half my morning was spend for something that takes two minutes. it really is liquid handcuffs. methadone withdrawal was worse than any time i kicked dope. been clean for like, seventy something days now and dude, i do not miss that fucking cherry-flavored prison sentence.

schizophrenicroom 03.12.2015 05:00 PM

plips- dbt is AWESOME. it really helped a good friend of mine who has borderline. i wish you best of luck.

rob- omg hahahaha. you should play like, bear force one on repeat or something to slowly drive her nuts.

!@#$%! 03.12.2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

aw thanks dude. i'm trying. once i get paid i'm finally gonna buy a cheap chromebook so i dont have to sit in a computer lab and type.

good idea

but do it with pen and paper in the meantime

those beautiful sentences aren't going to put themselves together without your help

schizophrenicroom 03.12.2015 08:55 PM

yeah, i found a nice left handed notebook the other day so i can finally write in true comfort haha

_slavo_ 03.13.2015 01:57 AM

Quote:

i was on it for like six months. clinic was only open from 630 am to noon, and only from 7-8 on sat/sun morning which was awful because i had like an hour-hourish commute each way. so like half my morning was spend for something that takes two minutes. it really is liquid handcuffs. methadone withdrawal was worse than any time i kicked dope. been clean for like, seventy something days now and dude, i do not miss that fucking cherry-flavored prison sentence.

oh God, I didn't know you used to be on drugs.
I'm really glad you're over it now though!!! you must be a really strong person for being able to kick the habit.
keep it clean.

schizophrenicroom 03.13.2015 02:00 AM

thanks dude, I really appreciate it! I struggled with opiates for a long ass time. I moved away from it all and finally on the right track.I have a great support system that helps a ton. how's the baby?

!@#$%! 03.13.2015 02:29 AM

Quote:

thanks dude, I really appreciate it! I struggled with opiates for a long ass time. I moved away from it all and finally on the right track.I have a great support system that helps a ton.

really proud of you

schizophrenicroom 03.13.2015 03:18 AM

thanks!!

Nefeli 03.13.2015 03:39 AM

its been almost 2 weeks; i have put a huge fat pause to those six months hardcore sadness in hospitals. felt pure happiness the day my father left the hospital. he had survived the surgery and he had shown improvement. that week with him was very hard for me. 2ndly, my friend's chemos have been working. so despite all, the outcomes have been the best possible. and as a third, my mastography is ok and my doctor said i m ok, so as i say in free translation, i have zero-ed for a year.
so i m back to being selfish. trying to make the best of it, until day job starts. plus going to gym. still no desire for nights out, but thats not important atm.