Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

_slavo_ 03.13.2015 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
thanks dude, I really appreciate it! I struggled with opiates for a long ass time. I moved away from it all and finally on the right track.I have a great support system that helps a ton. how's the baby?

it must be hard but it seems with a strong will it's not impossible to stay off drugs.
I have a friend who used to do meth heavily but one got rid of the habit and now he's been clean for about 2 years. which is great.

the baby is the cutest thing ever. I love her to death. seriously, last night I couldn't sleep so I was thinking of million things and one thing that I realized is that I could die for her if that was necessary.

Rob Instigator 03.13.2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

yeah, i found a nice left handed notebook the other day so i can finally write in true comfort haha

sinister

Rob Instigator 03.13.2015 08:37 AM

Hey Nef, rock on

Antagon 03.13.2015 06:51 PM

Damn, reading some of the comments makes me feel bad about putting up my own, comparably petty gripes. Stay strong, everyone!

Anyway, my latest petty gripe:
I'll have to put up with a former friend of mine who's fallen out of favor with me tomorrow. He's attending an event I happen to go to as well. And I'm trying to keep my cool because there's this other friend I really like. She's just happy to see the both of us and I don't want to ruin that for her. It'll involve a lot of pride-swallowing and awkward moments.

Bytor Peltor 03.13.2015 07:00 PM

My wife and daughter left a couple of hours ago on a Spring Break trip around Texas. We're currently short staffed at work and it wasn't best for me to take off at this time. The Psychedelic Rock and Harsh Electronics will be blasting away for the next five days : )

Nefeli 03.14.2015 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Hey Nef, rock on

hey ho, Rob! :)

Nefeli 03.14.2015 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Damn, reading some of the comments makes me feel bad about putting up my own, comparably petty gripes. Stay strong, everyone!

Anyway, my latest petty gripe:
I'll have to put up with a former friend of mine who's fallen out of favor with me tomorrow. He's attending an event I happen to go to as well. And I'm trying to keep my cool because there's this other friend I really like. She's just happy to see the both of us and I don't want to ruin that for her. It'll involve a lot of pride-swallowing and awkward moments.

dont worry and friendship issues arent petty.
- i feel bad for not having read the comments in here.

by no means i want to steal your thunder here; we did have another friendship crisis on top of all. and its still unsolved because he hasnt yet told us what his problem was. he called me and tried to explain but it was too vague he couldnt.
i mean, friendship issues are bad. it is the only stable thing - we think it is!- in our lives and when smth happens we feel very shaken up.

hope it all goes well with you.
dunno, perhaps be honest with the girl at some point?

Antagon 03.14.2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
dont worry and friendship issues arent petty.
- i feel bad for not having read the comments in here.

by no means i want to steal your thunder here; we did have another friendship crisis on top of all. and its still unsolved because he hasnt yet told us what his problem was. he called me and tried to explain but it was too vague he couldnt.
i mean, friendship issues are bad. it is the only stable thing - we think it is!- in our lives and when smth happens we feel very shaken up.

hope it all goes well with you.
dunno, perhaps be honest with the girl at some point?

All is well. I was just stunned by the scope of the issues discussed in the last few pages. Hope everyone's doing fine. Hope you're doing fine. As Rob said: Rock on!

Thanks. Yes, I think at some point it'll be necessary to tell her. But I'm trying to have a nice evening regardless. I'll see if it works out.

!@#$%! 03.14.2015 05:26 PM

truly irrelevant: the two (leading?) candidates in the democratic primary for mayor of chicago are named respectively jesús and emanuel.

schizophrenicroom 03.15.2015 12:43 AM

that's too perfect

_slavo_ 03.15.2015 06:24 AM

is it just me or is the whole board becoming a bit more active again?

schizophrenicroom 03.15.2015 09:31 AM

yeah, I think girl in a band helped things

_slavo_ 03.15.2015 10:29 AM

highfive, schizo!

schizophrenicroom 03.15.2015 11:12 AM

same to you dude!

I'm so stoked for my new job tomorrow. ahh.

_slavo_ 03.15.2015 01:17 PM

what kind of job would that be?

I went out with the baby today for a walk and as I was pushing her around in a stroller, my foot got stuck in some kind of loose wire left on the ground and I fell down like a dumbass. my beloved Beyerdynamic headphones (worth 200$) broke.
a shitty day.

schizophrenicroom 03.15.2015 02:47 PM

serving/cashier at an asian restaurant here in town. it's a job.

oh yikes :[ i've gone through three pairs of headphones in the past month, breaking or losing them. you didnt get hurt?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.15.2015 03:13 PM

Slavo that is why studio monitors are for the studio.. leason learned. Get some earbuds

_slavo_ 03.16.2015 03:40 AM

Quote:

serving/cashier at an asian restaurant here in town. it's a job.

oh yikes :[ i've gone through three pairs of headphones in the past month, breaking or losing them. you didnt get hurt?

naaah, just a bruised knee and a bit of blood on my palm. nothing worth bragging about.
I just made a fool of myself (the pedestrians laughed at me quite much) plus the broken headphones.

Asian restaurant sound like a good place. Good luck with the job.

_slavo_ 03.16.2015 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Slavo that is why studio monitors are for the studio.. leason learned. Get some earbuds

I kind of fixed them, they work again, they just looked scratched.
Btw, if they were gone, I'd buy a new pair in an instant. These headphones are the definition of audio orgasm. (Beyerdynamic dt990)

Antagon 03.16.2015 07:14 AM

So I have to reschedule my DJ gig/event in May due to a sudden outbreak of competing mass-event. The very same that devolved into a monotonous borefest for the shallow-minded, prompting me to come up with my own concept. I'd boycott it if it weren't for the social aspect (Too big to fail, people I really like tend to be there as well) and one sole DJ that still gives a fuck. He's probably the reason we keep coming back even though the rest of the event leaves a bitter aftertaste.