Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

gmku 05.18.2015 04:00 PM

Ha ha!!! Well, that makes me feel better. At least I got a laugh.

Yeh, noise. It makes me crankier than anything. I'll sound like a cranky old man and say this: I think the world has gotten a lot noisier. I'm serious. It feels like nobody respects personal space anymore, there are no boundaries. "Oh, let me just tell you everything about everything that happened to me this weekend and I don't care how loud I have to talk to let everyone hear me."

Another coworker sticks her phone in my face to show me the latest baby pictures of her drooling, crapping niece. She literally shoves it just inches from my nose, and I have to pull back in my chair to focus on the little shit because this coworker can't understand that I wear glasses with progressive lenses because I'm nearsighted. What's more, she has gigantic boobs, and when she does this, her nipples are literally a couple of inches from my lips. Sexual harassment, anyone!? I'm calling HR!

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
just adopt a really folksy and friendly manner while you make deadly threats

well no just introduce this new coworker to the office culture of keeping the fucking noise down.

really i don't know. i'm a cranky fucker. i'd act crazy an dyell CAN SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THAT GODDAMN NOISE.

i almost shot a neighbor's dog several times due to noise. i only stopped because it was a nice dog with an asshole owner. shooting the owner would have been the thing to do, but i don't like the prospect of jail time.

!@#$%! 05.18.2015 04:10 PM

okay. but this is your chance to train her-- while she's new. once the behavior is established you're fucked.

someone said it takes 2 or 3 weeks to establish the rules of a relationship. this was about sentimental relationships but i assume it also applies to work. don't waste your chance to shut that shit down before it's too late.

gmku 05.18.2015 04:26 PM

I'm going to tell her tomorrow morning as soon as she comes through the door. I'm going to say, "Knock that shit off. All your buzz buzz with the phone all the fuck day long. Enough, just fucking enough. Got it?"

Just like that.

Genteel Death 05.18.2015 04:30 PM

Get over it, man. You have no idea what I put up with at work.

!@#$%! 05.18.2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I'm going to tell her tomorrow morning as soon as she comes through the door. I'm going to say, "Knock that shit off. All your buzz buzz with the phone all the fuck day long. Enough, just fucking enough. Got it?"

Just like that.

don't forget to play casually with a switchblade while you're talking, like a 50s movie!

gmku 05.18.2015 04:32 PM

I'm so sorry, Genteel Death. I will pray for you.

gmku 05.18.2015 04:34 PM

Good advice! Thank you.

I'd wear my tight Levi's jeans and a white t-shirt but jeans day isn't until Friday. Maybe I should wait until then, for best effect.

Quote:

don't forget to play casually with a switchblade while you're talking, like a 50s movie!

Genteel Death 05.18.2015 04:34 PM

Don't pray for me, I am more than capable of looking after myself. Just stop being a crybaby.

gmku 05.18.2015 04:35 PM

I'll pray for you if I fucking feel like it, fucker.

!@#$%! 05.18.2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Don't pray for me, I am more than capable of looking after myself. Just stop being a crybaby.

no! crybaby--that's just the look

gmku 05.18.2015 04:42 PM

Ha ha!

Quote:

no! crybaby--that's just the look

gmku 05.18.2015 05:45 PM

In the mailbox, U.S. Air Force Reserve Honorable Discharge certificate, to Captain GMKU, with "testimonial of Honest and Faithful Service...".

God bless the U.S.A., y'all.

Genteel Death 05.18.2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I'll pray for you if I fucking feel like it, fucker.

Do you pray for me with your eyes closed or open?

gmku 05.18.2015 06:01 PM

I pray with my eyes on fire, baby.

Genteel Death 05.18.2015 06:02 PM

You setting fire to yourself?

gmku 05.18.2015 06:25 PM

Forget it. It was just a figure of speech. You know what that is, right?

Genteel Death 05.18.2015 08:33 PM

i only speak the language of love baby.

Antagon 05.19.2015 05:58 AM

So, here it goes, my complete list of visuals. It's in German because it was initially created after the fact for the visitors, but there are only a few terms that actually need translation. "Filmausschnitt" means a fragment or a specific scene of a movie. "Kurzfilm" means short film. "Archivaufnahme" is equivalent to stock footage. "Werbung" means commercial. I will use a lot of the things that have been recommended to me during my next gig. I went a bit over my head with the stuff I've collected this time, so many things I wanted to incorporate didn't make the cut yet. But they're ready to have their moment the next time around.

guest 05.19.2015 08:18 AM

I am in love with my tutor :(

schizophrenicroom 05.19.2015 09:09 PM

no shame