Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Keeping It Gimple 07.01.2015 12:07 PM

i do it too but i dont like the way its promoted these days.

thinking on the other hand is rarely promoted

!@#$%! 07.01.2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
i do it too but i dont like the way its promoted these days.

thinking on the other hand is rarely promoted

well, yeah...

everyone "thinks" all the time. but the problem is that it's 99% chatter. media messages feed into this chatter. chatter chatter chatter. garbage in/garbage out.

to think WELL requires... silence. and yeah that is not taught or promoted. only chatter & brainwash.

meditation... actually helps stop the chatter.

but yes to what you say-- i have the same problem with yoga, btw. i do it with great reluctance and embarrassment. it's undoubtedly great, and i love the effects of daily practice, but the whole social trend around it is like a repellent field force. people who say "namasté"-- ugh. the whole industry around it. and fashions. i wish there was something else but i function better when i do it.

still-- baby/bathwater.

gmku 07.02.2015 09:35 AM

Looks like we made it. In the new place, everything is great. We have freaking skylights above our bed in the loft bedroom! So cool.

We're off the prairie and back in the big city.

!@#$%! 07.02.2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Looks like we made it. In the new place, everything is great. We have freaking skylights above our bed in the loft bedroom! So cool.

congrats

what's the news on the job front?

gmku 07.02.2015 10:14 AM

Interview Monday.

!@#$%! 07.02.2015 10:39 AM

schizophrenicroom 07.02.2015 01:28 PM

the hell did you do?!

good luck gmku

!@#$%! 07.02.2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
the hell did you do?!

good luck gmku

ha ha ha-- nothing!

i was just telling him to "break a leg"-- in a visual way

this was the least gory picture i could find

(i'd never have little flowers in my pillows like that)

evollove 07.02.2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku

How do the titty bars compare?

Antagon 07.02.2015 04:49 PM

I'm gonna be an extra at a film shoot this Saturday. It's a short film project and it doesn't require much of me other and standing around motionless and looking like death incarnate. I thought that might just be within my field of capability.

gmku 07.02.2015 06:50 PM

You guys are so sweet. *Blushing*

schizophrenicroom 07.02.2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha-- nothing!

i was just telling him to "break a leg"-- in a visual way

this was the least gory picture i could find

(i'd never have little flowers in my pillows like that)

haha, i thought you had some mishap.

antagon- that sounds so fun. what kinda film?

i hate when my eye twitch acts up... two different dudes thought i was winking at them today

Frosty 07.03.2015 03:14 AM

irrelevant und random ja?

Antagon 07.03.2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom

antagon- that sounds so fun. what kinda film?

i hate when my eye twitch acts up... two different dudes thought i was winking at them today

It's a visual reinterpretation of Robert Schumann's (words by Heinrich Heine) classical number "Der Arme Peter" (Poor Peter). Basically boy meets girl, girl marries someone else, boy is devastated and his mind wanders dark places. But instead of a church in the 19th century, this Version is supposed to take place in a contemporary goth club. And loads of symbolism in the concept excerpt I've been given. I don't know if it's gonna be any good, but it might jujust be a tun experience. And hey, it's part of a bigger project consisting of several shorts that is under the patronage of Michael Haneke no less.

!@#$%! 07.03.2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
I'm gonna be an extra at a film shoot this Saturday. It's a short film project and it doesn't require much of me other and standing around motionless and looking like death incarnate. I thought that might just be within my field of capability.

ha ha ha ha-- awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
It's a visual reinterpretation of Robert Schumann's (words by Heinrich Heine) classical number "Der Arme Peter" (Poor Peter). Basically boy meets girl, girl marries someone else, boy is devastated and his mind wanders dark places. But instead of a church in the 19th century, this Version is supposed to take place in a contemporary goth club. And loads of symbolism in the concept excerpt I've been given. I don't know if it's gonna be any good, but it might jujust be a tun experience. And hey, it's part of a bigger project consisting of several shorts that is under the patronage of Michael Haneke no less.

oh hell, that is interesting. curious if the music will also be reimagined.

Antagon 07.03.2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha ha-- awesome!

oh hell, that is interesting. curious if the music will also be reimagined.

I believe it will be.

Bytor Peltor 07.03.2015 09:56 PM

Greatful Dead Live Stream Chicago, Friday 7-3-2015

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.03.2015 10:57 PM

The shows last weekend were phenomenal.. did anyone check out the mickey hart thread i posted? For Space mickey converted the data from radiotelescopes and converted it to audio files and programed them into his drum machine.. he is literally playing the universe

Also Lee is there now
https://instagram.com/p/4spJfoQgCe/

schizophrenicroom 07.04.2015 12:34 AM

that's really fucking cool, about the radiotelescope thing

this time last year i was roasting a pig in a caja china with my neighbours, now i'm here... a year flies

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.04.2015 01:07 AM

It blew my mind because when i was at the show i was thinking about how that Space set reminded of the "Music of the Spheres" from astronomy class.. i also felt intuitively that it reminded me of an early psychedelic experience where i felt i "heard" the sounds of the Universe and when in high school physics i first heard the sounds i jumped up in middle of class and shouted, "fucking shit that sounds like that shit i heard in my head on mushrooms! "

So when i saw mickey talking aboit about it on PBS Newshour it was crazybecause my brain intuitively "knew" what mickey had done. I had even told my friend during the show, "dude this sounds like the universe.." fuckingshit music is insane..

My brain has reached a level of musicianship that i subconsciously break down all sounds i hear and recognize the underlying structures and patterns.. its gotten to the point where i can't read and hear anykind of music because my brain just starts focusing on all the sonic intricacies of the music