Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 07.14.2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I'm not worrying about surviving anything but the people I'm leaving behind might start worrying about how they'lll get along without me.

ha ha ha

i was referring to some sort of mythical jungian scales-- how life kisses you and then slaps you, or the other way around. eh, the man was likely a massive quack.

e.g., soon after we decided to move to a new better place, a flash flood almost ate our house. it was vaguely biblical.

anyway at some point i'd like to hear the details of how the famous interview went.

Rob Instigator 07.14.2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Why not just get a beer?

I am allergic to alcohol. Hives, my hands swell up to where I cannot close my fingers, I turn red all over and itch uncontrollably. I stopped drinking around age 21 cuz of this. It's a shame because I love the taste of a cold beer on a hot sweaty day.

Rob Instigator 07.14.2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

I. Bloody. Got. It. I got it! I got the bloody job.

Fucking A GMKU!!!! Way to go!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.14.2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
that article is the first time ive seen anyone who doesnt try to BLAME men on the problems of masculinity, like everyone else does. "if only theyd share their feelings more blah blah blah".

gmku 07.14.2015 09:06 AM

Thanks, Rob. I'm bustin' outta this place!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Fucking A GMKU!!!! Way to go!

gmku 07.14.2015 09:16 AM

Yep. I get it. Life's never perfect. The down side of all this--I have to start over, I'm entering the unknown. I'll PM you some details of the interview. I'm not sure they're suitable for print here. Overall, it went extremely well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha

i was referring to some sort of mythical jungian scales-- how life kisses you and then slaps you, or the other way around. eh, the man was likely a massive quack.

e.g., soon after we decided to move to a new better place, a flash flood almost ate our house. it was vaguely biblical.

anyway at some point i'd like to hear the details of how the famous interview went.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.14.2015 09:54 AM

Good lookin out gmku, your recent success gives me a good (ok, better) reason to grab a beer here at the airport.. at 754am... cheers!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.14.2015 09:56 AM

Hahaha .. Genteel gave me a POSITIVE rep so im finna get TWO beers

!@#$%! 07.14.2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Yep. I get it. Life's never perfect. The down side of all this--I have to start over, I'm entering the unknown. I'll PM you some details of the interview. I'm not sure they're suitable for print here. Overall, it went extremely well.

that was good, thanks for humoring my curiosity.

watch out for meteorites!

schizophrenicroom 07.14.2015 10:57 PM

i have to wait a month for some official adhd test/interview then the doc i saw (this is all affiliated with the local university and luckily insurance is being fairly helpful) said we'll start with a regiment of medication based on those results. thinks i have co-morbid inattentive type adhd and an anxiety disorder and i guess he wants to be sure rather than just throw medicine at me? which is fine. i'm actually happier with a doctor wanting to be thorough and right.

denis leary has a new show on fx thursday with greg dulli from the afghan whigs doing the music. i'm actually kinda stoked for this.

congrats again gmku and safe flight, suchfriends

evollove 07.15.2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

I'll PM you some details of the interview. I'm not sure they're suitable for print here. Overall, it went extremely well.

Not suitable for legal/ethical reasons?

gmku 07.15.2015 09:21 AM

Privacy, mainly. Mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Not suitable for legal/ethical reasons?

gmku 07.15.2015 09:22 AM

Indeed. Now, I have to tolerate the wait for the official offer letter. It's driving me nuts. I can't hand in my resignation or tell anyone until I have that in hand, and in the meantime, I have to act as if I'm still engaged at work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that was good, thanks for humoring my curiosity.

watch out for meteorites!

!@#$%! 07.15.2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i have to wait a month for some official adhd test/interview then the doc i saw (this is all affiliated with the local university and luckily insurance is being fairly helpful) said we'll start with a regiment of medication based on those results. thinks i have co-morbid inattentive type adhd and an anxiety disorder and i guess he wants to be sure rather than just throw medicine at me? which is fine. i'm actually happier with a doctor wanting to be thorough and right.

ahhh... don't you love obamacare? i'm superhappy you're getting the medical attention you needed for so long. this is great news.

Quote:

Indeed. Now, I have to tolerate the wait for the official offer letter. It's driving me nuts. I can't hand in my resignation or tell anyone until I have that in hand, and in the meantime, I have to act as if I'm still engaged at work.

come on! you have to be laughing at least a little inside when the kid does his monday greeting routine

ah, satisfaction

Rob Instigator 07.15.2015 10:04 AM

mywifeisonherfourthinterviewforapositionthatwouldp aytwicewhatIearnbutitisinWacoTXandIwouldhavetoquit thejobIjustgotpromotedinto...

so tense!!!

!@#$%! 07.15.2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

mywifeisonherfourthinterviewforapositionthatwouldp aytwicewhatIearnbutitisinWacoTXandIwouldhavetoquit thejobIjustgotpromotedinto...

so tense!!!

holy sheet! that's WACO!

Rob Instigator 07.15.2015 10:14 AM

Houston TX - 4+million people, over 10,000 restaurants

Waco TX - 130,000 people, Applebee's country....

;)

!@#$%! 07.15.2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Houston TX - 4+million people, over 10,000 restaurants

Waco TX - 130,000 people, Applebee's country....

;)

te vas a volver loco ahí

Rob Instigator 07.15.2015 10:20 AM

Quizas, pero tambien es mas barato para vivir, podriamos alquilar una casa con patio para nuestros perritos (ahora mismo vivimos en apartamento de garaje grande, pero sin patio) y podriamos ahorrar mucho $$$ para comprar una casa en el futuro...

!@#$%! 07.15.2015 10:56 AM

si pueden ahorrar vale la pena el sacrificio... ¡pero es sacrificio!

maybe try it out slowly at first? you know --she rents a studio, you guys commute on weeekends...

eh, who am i kidding, living away from family sucks.

o a lo mejor pueden vivir a medio camino...

si te interesa, léete un libro.. como se llama... DECISIVE... es un manual para tomar mejores decisiones. publicado hace un par de años. buenísimo. no... buenisisisisisisísimo.