Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Diesel 08.02.2015 11:12 AM

New tart
https://soundcloud.com/uncouthuk/dow...ey-look-at-you

gmku 08.02.2015 11:46 AM

Ouch. Sorry to hear this, ATT.
Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
broke my collarbone. waiting to get a date for operation.

can't work, can't do music (except for like... drone music). depression slowly creeping in.
had to cancel several "well paid" gigs. festival we're organizing is 2 weeks ahead and orga-work with one hand is a pain in the ass. every email takes me hours and a pain pill.
next time, I'll try to break a leg instead.

schizophrenicroom 08.02.2015 11:02 PM

oh lordy, thousand threads, feel better soon.

schizophrenicroom 08.02.2015 11:04 PM

also, ronda rousey is a goddess

!@#$%! 08.02.2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
also, ronda rousey is a goddess

i saw that 34 second fight compressed to 9 seconds

holy fuck

schizophrenicroom 08.03.2015 12:13 AM

the fights before it were alright, but two hours of sitting at the bar waiting for 34 seconds... actually, totally worth it. there's no one fucking close to ronda.

!@#$%! 08.03.2015 12:20 AM

ha ha ha

i'd love to see her beat up a guy. that would be awesome/hilarious.

--

so-- you're all moved in now?

schizophrenicroom 08.03.2015 12:52 AM

yep! not unpacked because our laundry isn't hooked up yet in here, but otherwise moved in. i have tomorrow off then work seven days straight so tomorrow's my day to get stuff done.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.03.2015 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha

i'd love to see her beat up a guy. that would be awesome/hilarious.

--

so-- you're all moved in now?

I was just telling the homie its time she boss up and fight dudez already. I wouldn't fight that chick if i had a strap yo!

!@#$%! 08.03.2015 01:13 AM

sweet! plus 7 days in a row of work = much needed $$. good for you!

meanwhile, here-- after a well-deserved lazy morning we spent the day a) clearing a studio, b) decluttering a bathroom. with delicious results. it looks great, plus now it will be easy to cart it all away.

people accummulate so much shit. i swear. it's insane. even if you don't try, it accummulates. just piles on.unused stuff and unused stuff. endless. "just in case maybe some day i...." fucking endless.

NO MORE. as winnebago man would say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I was just telling the homie its time she boss up and fight dudez already. I wouldn't fight that chick if i had a strap yo!

different weight categories, but i'd totally love to see her beat the crap out of champion wifebeater floyd mayweather.

also, if she wouldn't mind kicking donald trump right in the huevos, and yank his hairpiece, that would be fantastic.

Silver ✴ Rocket 08.03.2015 09:53 AM

Not bad Apple, not bad.

!@#$%! 08.03.2015 10:00 AM

^^ you know the same stuff has been on spotify for years now, right?

!@#$%! 08.03.2015 10:44 AM

in spite of gentrification, dc hasn't totally lost it (yet)

http://wapo.st/1OwebEp

gmku 08.03.2015 01:40 PM

Inside the mind of a pedophile

Do pedophiles deserve sympathy?

terriblecanyons 08.03.2015 06:56 PM

school starts three weeks from today and i'm gonna hurl

!@#$%! 08.03.2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
school starts three weeks from today and i'm gonna hurl

eh?? what school is this!? (not asking for names, just what kind)

terriblecanyons 08.03.2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

eh?? what school is this!? (not asking for names, just what kind)

i'm starting my bachelors degree in music... puke

!@#$%! 08.03.2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

i'm starting my bachelors degree in music... puke

puke from nerves??

speaking as an arts/humanities person-- that is AWESOME! puke only if you get into debt for it, ha ha ha.

terriblecanyons 08.03.2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

puke from nerves??

speaking as an arts/humanities person-- that is AWESOME! puke only if you get into debt for it, ha ha.

i'm already in debt from my associates degree, so i figure fuck it i'm gonna die someday, who cares about debt?

the pukey part is the fact that i have to audition and being a music major is super nerve-wracking, and the piano faculty have effectively intimidated me into a month-long summer depression

!@#$%! 08.03.2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

i'm already in debt from my associates degree, so i figure fuck it i'm gonna die someday, who cares about debt?

student debt is a real megabitch unlike others. any and all debt can be discharged in bankruptcy, except for student debt. so it's really a much heavier kind of debt. watch out yo.

Quote:

the pukey part is the fact that i have to audition and being a music major is super nerve-wracking, and the piano faculty have effectively intimidated me into a month-long summer depression

ha ha ha, sadistic piano teachers! fuck'em. are they like the dude in "whiplash"

i didn't know you played piano. that's awesome. if i could play an instrument my life would be lots more fun, but unfortunately i have no patience for practice.

so you're planning to teach after you graduate or what? are you in a band or something?