Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

evollove 08.14.2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Wow. Talk about your embarrassing moments. Has anyone walked into the other gender's restroom by mistake?

Yes! In college, after an all-night cram session before an early exam (and maybe a little high) I stopped by the library on the way to class. I'd been there before, many times.

Quote:

I walked in, noticed there were not any urinals, and that should have tipped me off, but like I say, I was in a hurry

I also noticed, but didn't think much of it.

I didn't realize my mistake until I was washing my hands and saw the tampon dispenser on the wall.

I had been alone, but just then someone walked in. I turned aside, which didn't make a difference because I was in front of the mirror. I don't know if I registered as odd to her, if she noticed me at all. She was probably tired too. She just went to a stall and I sneaked out.

Quote:

With any luck, there's not an APB out on me.

Yeah, security cameras had caught my trespass, and I was pretty paranoid for awhile afterwards. Not sure what law we broke, but it just feels really illegal.

gmku 08.14.2015 01:43 PM

If there were no security cameras inside the restroom, you could refute that you were actually inside. Sure, the camera caught you entering and exiting. Is that evidence, however, that you were inside? I think not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Yes! In college, after an all-night cram session before an early exam (and maybe a little high) I stopped by the library on the way to class. I'd been there before, many times.

I also noticed, but didn't think much of it.

I didn't realize my mistake until I was washing my hands and saw the tampon dispenser on the wall.

I had been alone, but just then someone walked in. I turned aside, which didn't make a difference because I was in front of the mirror. I don't know if I registered as odd to her, if she noticed me at all. She was probably tired too. She just went to a stall and I sneaked out.

Yeah, security cameras had caught my trespass, and I was pretty paranoid for awhile afterwards. Not sure what law we broke, but it just feels really illegal.

schizophrenicroom 08.14.2015 02:00 PM

i'll use the dudes room any time the ladies room has too long a line or it's a single stall and the ladies is occupied. i've luckily never had any safety issues or anyone complain. men's rooms are generally cleaner.

!@#$%! 08.14.2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
men's rooms are generally cleaner.

i used to think it was the opposite but last month my wife stops at a gas station. walks into the bathroom & recoils in horror as she sees shitwater *all over the bathroom floor*. best part was-- someone was actually sitting in a stall in that swampy mess.

gmku 08.14.2015 06:12 PM

Thanks! There's always next time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
I would have rocked that embarrassment like a champ. maybe both of you would've got a good laugh about it. sometimes acting like a dunce in public is charming....sometimes not. you have to take a chance. funny story though.

gmku 08.14.2015 06:13 PM

Dudes generally aren't gonna mind the ladies intruding. ;)

Quote:

i'll use the dudes room any time the ladies room has too long a line or it's a single stall and the ladies is occupied. i've luckily never had any safety issues or anyone complain. men's rooms are generally cleaner.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.14.2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Dudes generally aren't gonna mind the ladies intruding. ;)

Actually i do.. there is a world of difference between "ready to flirt" mode "shit i have to take a piss soooooo bad" mode

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.14.2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i used to think it was the opposite but last month my wife stops at a gas station. walks into the bathroom & recoils in horror as she sees shitwater *all over the bathroom floor*. best part was-- someone was actually sitting in a stall in that swampy mess.

My brother in law was a custodian for 15 years.. ALL his horror stories were from women's restrooms.. we're talking used maxi pads slaptagged on the wall bad yo..

Also ive known several women who have confessed that sometimes when they can in some circumstances they actually prefer to use the Men's room because it is generally much cleaner

schizophrenicroom 08.14.2015 10:02 PM

i share a bathroom with two dudes now and it's by far the cleanest bathroom i've ever shared. girls are nasty.

gmku 08.15.2015 09:12 AM

Whew. Well, no APB, apparently. I'm still on the lam. And no neg reps here--that's a relief.

EVOLghost 08.15.2015 09:57 AM

http://youtu.be/w6sncJn1ZrI

Man runs away from cops. Very entertaining.

schizophrenicroom 08.18.2015 11:16 AM

so this guy i had a tepid okcupid date with came into my job yesterday, and just sort of gawked at me half the time. think i found a solution to boost my work ethic and focus. i was doing everything to get shit done and stay out of his line of sight.

ryan adams covering taylor swift is the news story of 2015

EVOLghost 08.18.2015 11:38 AM

First day of class! Back at Commhnity College. Just a few classes from my associates then off to decide what university.

EVOLghost 08.18.2015 11:39 AM

And also really think about what I want to do. Math teacher or uhmmmmm.

!@#$%! 08.18.2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

so this guy i had a tepid okcupid date with came into my job yesterday, and just sort of gawked at me half the time. think i found a solution to boost my work ethic and focus. i was doing everything to get shit done and stay out of his line of sight.

ha ha ha ha-- a stalker as a training device? ha ha ha-- that's creative! demosthenes used a pointed sword to rid himself of bad posture, so there are precedents.

on a different subject, i hope things are getting sorted out with your adhd testing, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
First day of class! Back at Commhnity College. Just a few classes from my associates then off to decide what university.

¡eh, joaquín, qué buena noticia!

EVOLghost 08.18.2015 11:49 AM

Yeah. Retaking calculus 1 to refresh. Just got out a little bit ago and yeah. Pretty boring since I know this stuff but I could use the practice...it's been 5 years? So yeah. This is actually my 3rd time. Once in high school(my teacher gave me a D out of pity) again in college like 6 years ago. So yeah...gonna be a really slow
Start.

schizophrenicroom 08.18.2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost

yoooo! that's awesome, dude. I only ever did stats in school, farthest I got with calculus stuff was derivatives. you'll be fine.

!@#- getting nowhere as of late :(

!@#$%! 08.18.2015 12:33 PM

A LA TERCERA VA LA VENCIDA

¡ponle ganas!

https://youtu.be/1aD-hfcFt2w

--

también para esquizo ;)

!@#$%! 08.18.2015 02:10 PM

better to send this on PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.18.2015 09:49 PM

Also, God bless you math nerds.. i can put together a hundred page historical research paper in short order but if you push me past stats math like trig and cal are quite literally a bewildering foreign language. That highschool kids can do it always blows my mind, though in truth extensive research projects tend to blow other people's mind so i guess it really is what you know