Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 08.21.2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
oh, i meant customers at work, haha, but still. i've been overly nice to the insurance folks on the phone and it's gotten me alright, just wish i could talk them into better coverage.

oh! i thought today was your day off lol

schizophrenicroom 08.21.2015 05:29 PM

i had to come in for like, an hour because a girl was late and the other chick up front is brand new and didn't really know what to do. so i just had to hold the fort for a little bit. not cool, but hey, an extra hour on my check, i guess.

oh, maybe this is for the drinking thread, but i made a simple syrup with some lemon zest and had it with gin just now, and it was delicious. the rest of the syrup is going on a cake my roommate is baking right now. my other roommate is super into cocktails and cooking and i've been learning quite a bit the past few weeks. next is making bitters.

terriblecanyons 08.21.2015 10:01 PM

so my financial aid didn't cover the university i was going to and i found out literally the day before move-in day, and now i'm scrambling to get shit figured out to go to another college a week before classes start. fuck this

schizophrenicroom 08.21.2015 10:30 PM

NOOOOO. FUCK THAT. FUCK AID. FUCK MONEY. fingers crossed you find somewhere, because you will. brooo. I wish I could help.

terriblecanyons 08.21.2015 11:35 PM

i feel so useless and shitty.

schizophrenicroom 08.22.2015 02:07 AM

you're neither.

!@#$%! 08.23.2015 10:49 AM

dammit, crayons, that's such terrible news, i mean, what timing to hear about it-- fuck!!!

don't know what to say really, except, i've survived disasters and i trust that you will too. maybe roll with the punches-- take your student money and buy a van and start your band and get to touring a la cat power. ha! yes? i don't know... damn... as bill clinton would say-- i feel your pain. stay strong.

Antagon 08.23.2015 04:22 PM

Just came home from shooting footage for a music video I'm currently producing for an acquaintance of mine. Got to shoot roughly 75% of the scenes that will make it into the final product. There'll be a few new additions in the days to come. This is the first time someone requested me to do a music video for them, I'm sort of psyched.

terriblecanyons 08.23.2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
dammit, crayons, that's such terrible news, i mean, what timing to hear about it-- fuck!!!

don't know what to say really, except, i've survived disasters and i trust that you will too. maybe roll with the punches-- take your student money and buy a van and start your band and get to touring a la cat power. ha! yes? i don't know... damn... as bill clinton would say-- i feel your pain. stay strong.

thanks. i've put in a few last minute applications but i'm not getting my hopes up. maybe i'll go live with my boyfriend.

!@#$%! 08.23.2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
thanks. i've put in a few last minute applications but i'm not getting my hopes up. maybe i'll go live with my boyfriend.

take the boyfren to nassville or nawlins and start playin'

terriblecanyons 08.23.2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
take the boyfren to nassville or nawlins and start playin'

holy shit that might just be the best idea i've ever heard, not even joking

!@#$%! 08.23.2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

holy shit that might just be the best idea i've ever heard, not even joking

i know...

EVOLghost 08.24.2015 12:55 PM

Sorry to hear that canyons....My girlfriend is in the same boat actually. She just got news yesterday that she won't be able to make it this semester. Fortunately she just got a new waitressing job at a nice restaurant...but still...the worst part though is that the classes she needs aren't offered for the spring semester...:/

schizophrenicroom 08.24.2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

GAINESVILLE

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.25.2015 01:41 PM

Got in a stupid fender bender yesterday after what was initially a PERFECT start to a new academic year at University ... im working as a sub this year so i was already kinda bummed out, just got to laugh this one off, bite my insurance rate hike bullet and drive my car with an ugly ass putaso for a while..

I'm embarrassed more than anything.
As to those who lost their college funding, i am sooooo sincerely sorry, i had to wait three years to make it back into gradschool while i saved all my pennies, all i can say is God knows where He needs y'all, and whether we know or even like it, God always knows what He is doimg. Y'all have my prayers and please keep me in yours if that is your thing

!@#$%! 08.25.2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Sorry to hear that canyons....My girlfriend is in the same boat actually. She just got news yesterday that she won't be able to make it this semester. Fortunately she just got a new waitressing job at a nice restaurant...but still...the worst part though is that the classes she needs aren't offered for the spring semester...:/

ah, mierda...!

so sorry.

¿qué estudia?

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
GAINESVILLE

maybe, but does gainesville have fess??
fess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYyFnFPhBg

hm... actually gainesville might rate well looking at this map... not sure if it's icluded in the areas listed:

http://www.citylab.com/design/2012/0...c-scenes/2709/

==

eta:

Rank Metro Metro Music Index
1 Nashville-Davidson--Murfreesboro--Franklin, TN 1.00
2 New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA 0.97
3 Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA 0.96
4 San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA 0.93
5 Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA 0.80
6 Las Vegas-Paradise, NV 0.79
6 Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton, OR-WA 0.79
8 New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner, LA 0.78
9 Rochester, NY 0.76
10 Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI 0.72
11 Orlando-Kissimmee, FL 0.70
12 Austin-Round Rock, TX 0.67
13 San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA 0.66
14 Pittsburgh, PA 0.65
14 Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI 0.65
16 Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, FL 0.63
16 Chicago-Naperville-Joliet, IL-IN-WI 0.63
18 Indianapolis-Carmel, IN 0.57
19 Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX 0.53
20 Denver-Aurora, CO 0.52
21 Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, NC-SC 0.50
22 Louisville-Jefferson County, KY-IN 0.49
22 Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA 0.49
22 Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL 0.49
25 San Antonio, TX 0.48

#1: cheep and the tons of working musicians
#2: overpriced and patti smith said to fuck off
#3: expensive and rotten
#4: most expensive real estate in the country
#5: depressing, unfriendly, and pricey
#6 (vegas): i hate that town
#6: (portlandia): gloomy and expensive
#8: mythical, one-of-a-kind, still cheap, and deeeelicious!

!@#$%! 08.26.2015 10:01 PM

http://www.npr.org/2015/08/26/434288...-orleans?sc=tw

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.27.2015 12:26 AM

LA Long Beach are WAY to high on that list. Sure on any given night there might quite literally be over 4000 concerts going on but for local or small bands its almost impossible to make any $ or even get much support. The sad reality of the LA scene is its dead, people don't go to check out new or local bands, only established bands.

schizophrenicroom 08.27.2015 12:42 AM

orlando!

so i'm taking the clep exam i need for my math credit, and my mom is paying for the science credit... taking them probably next month and minus the money i owe, i'll finally actually have my stupid associates.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 08.27.2015 01:19 AM

AA ain't a stupid degree, can get a way better job with it than without, especially for when in school pursuing higher degree path