Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:12 AM

hahaha, yeah I mentioned that dog before, after shentov asked me if I am gonna make that sound with my teeth :)

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:12 AM

and good morning melly!

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 06:15 AM

Afternoon from London, al shabbray! Hast du soweit ein gutes Wochenende?

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:16 AM

auf jedenfall, nur leider heute nacht etwas wenig schlaf

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 06:23 AM

Ich hatte genug Schalf, aber muss ich bald die Haushalt machen, die Waesche, buegeln usw. Ugh! Aber machts nix, weil spaeter ich Musik hier aufnehmen werde. :)

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:25 AM

ich bin auch gerade wieder am remixen für oconnor.
wo kann man denn deine musik hören? myspace oder sowas?

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:32 AM

damn, at this very moment the right channel on my headphones said goodbye. that cant be! on a sunday, I need headphones!!!!

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
ich bin auch gerade wieder am remixen für oconnor.
wo kann man denn deine musik hören? myspace oder sowas?

Meine MySpace Musik-Seite ist im Moment gefickt :( In einer Woche werde ich eine neue MySpace-Seite machen, und danach sende ich dir ein "link" dafuer. :)

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:43 AM

da bin ich ja mal gespannt, welche richtung, musikalisch mein ich?

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:49 AM

can a headphone output blast headphones?
I tried some old ear buds on it, and the same channle (right) is dead now, too. when I test it with an mp3 player: still dead both times the right channel

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 06:50 AM

Fuer mich persoenlich, meine Richtung ist "Rock/Industrial"...Hast du Lust fuer Rock, Dance oder ein andere Genre?

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

can a headphone output blast headphones?
I tried some old ear buds on it, and the same channle (right) is dead now, too. when I test it with an mp3 player: still dead both times the right channel

If there's too much gain/output going through die Kopfhoerer, then yes, you can kill them, I'm afraid.

al shabbray 08.24.2008 06:52 AM

no not really, at least my eardrum could stand it and it wasnt ful throttle, but I had some static innit the last days, maybe there is something like shortcut. damn, that sucks big times

al shabbray 08.24.2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Fuer mich persoenlich, meine Richtung ist "Rock/Industrial"...Hast du Lust fuer Rock, Dance oder ein andere Genre?

oh Ive seen this too late melly.
of course I like rock, especially the one SY are playin, they are still my favourite band! but my local band scene sucks, only metal and hardcore bands which rather wank on a guitar then play it with passion. I am playin guitar by myself since I am 15, so 10 years now, and after the frustrating results in the local music scene I tried it in a different way, so I became a beatsmith.
you can check my myspace site if you are interested!

al shabbray 08.24.2008 11:57 AM

howdy fox!

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

oh Ive seen this too late melly.
of course I like rock, especially the one SY are playin, they are still my favourite band! but my local band scene sucks, only metal and hardcore bands which rather wank on a guitar then play it with passion. I am playin guitar by myself since I am 15, so 10 years now, and after the frustrating results in the local music scene I tried it in a different way, so I became a beatsmith.
you can check my myspace site if you are interested!

I listened to your stuff earlier on - it rules!

al shabbray 08.24.2008 12:05 PM

thanks, I am glad that you like it!
I think I am finished with the oconnor remix now. even I cant make a headphone check, cause, ah you know the story :)
I wonder how he will like it. I think from 100% of his original track Ive changed at least 99% its something completely different, only the source material is the same. but for me its the way a remix should work. creating something completely different out of the same material
blablabla :)

SYRFox 08.24.2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

howdy fox!

Here comes funk master Fox :cool:
how are y'all doin', thread mates?

I've had a good day - was at my grandma's house, like every Sunday ; yep
I'm probably going to write an Abe Vigoda review for my blog tonight, but I'll have to go to bed early, I'm going to the dentist tomorrow.

-- enough --

al shabbray, is there somewhere where we can hear your remix? I can't wait to see what you've done.
Also, sorry about the death of your headphones :(

al shabbray 08.24.2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
Here comes funk master Fox :cool:
how are y'all doin', thread mates?

I've had a good day - was at my grandma's house, like every Sunday ; yep
I'm probably going to write an Abe Vigoda review for my blog tonight, but I'll have to go to bed early, I'm going to the dentist tomorrow.

-- enough --

al shabbray, is there somewhere where we can hear your remix? I can't wait to see what you've done.
Also, sorry about the death of your headphones :(

yeah I will upload it on soundcloud, but beware, its nothing then before, I really recorded every bit I cutted out and changed it, the most you can make out the original are the drums, Ive only added 2 percussion tones to it, one click and a konk :) cause I really wasnt able to cut them out of the mp3 to sound proper. the rest is all out of the actual loco mix. oh man, he will think I ve raped his track to a monster maybe hrhrhr

al shabbray 08.24.2008 12:22 PM

gimme 10 minutes then Iva converted the aiff and uploaded it I think