Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Effects (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8597)

CHOUT 02.27.2007 11:33 PM

I'm building a compressor this week. Gonna give it a custom paint job and shit.

ZEROpumpkins 02.28.2007 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT

Are you sure you aren't just a giant effects pedal from the future?

king_buzzo 02.28.2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT

might get this made for me,

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 02.28.2007 02:28 PM

Oooh, I want one of those too! Does the knob on the bottom left say FIRE or FINE?

king_buzzo 02.28.2007 03:26 PM

nah, thats not supposed to be like that, its supposed to be a switch that takes the speed of the trem down half way. basically its a supa trem clone with carl matrin trem settings (old school fender trem settings) and that knob triangle/square is supposed to be a switch as well.
and a reverse trem switch is supposed to be in it.
i want it in green, lighter green, the kinda color on the dino jr green mind album, and then the LED's to be purple. or the whole pedal to be purple. and its gonna be 50 euros.

i might also get a superfuzz clone with cow flakes on called the supercow superfuzz.

CHOUT 02.28.2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
i might also get a superfuzz clone with cow flakes on called the supercow superfuzz.

Shoulda bought my real Superfuzz for $400...:D

Sonic Youth 37 02.28.2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

bump

Hey, king, is that a Dunlop Cry Baby wah? If it is, how does it sound?

king_buzzo 03.07.2007 04:10 PM

hey man, its the 'cheap' 90 euro Crybaby GCB-95 wah. not worth the money. its weak and has close to no sweep.

my order is changed now
its
holy grail
muff
ds1
blue box
crybaby

okay i'm getting a delay next, and then after possibly another fuzz pedal and after a small clone or a stone, i dont know

king_buzzo 03.08.2007 04:29 PM

this is a bump

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.08.2007 07:25 PM

. . . and it's called

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.08.2007 07:25 PM

12XU!

drrrtyboots 03.08.2007 07:31 PM

someone convince me the dd-20 is worth my money.

next step 03.08.2007 07:42 PM

Hey KingBuzzo I dont want to be in your neighbourhood but you are my idol!

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.08.2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
someone convince me the dd-20 is worth my money.

It isn't. I have all the delay I need from a Danelectro PB+J and an Arion SAD-3

drrrtyboots 03.08.2007 08:30 PM

thank you. i need a few good opinions besides my own, there arent many places around me with a variety of delays to try out.

king_buzzo 03.09.2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by next step
Hey KingBuzzo I dont want to be in your neighbourhood but you are my idol!

haha, :D why?

damn im getting close to buying that delay....

scott v 03.09.2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

hey man, its the 'cheap' 90 euro Crybaby GCB-95 wah. not worth the money. its weak and has close to no sweep.

my order is changed now
its
holy grail
muff
ds1
blue box
crybaby

okay i'm getting a delay next, and then after possibly another fuzz pedal and after a small clone or a stone, i dont know

yeah i was gonna suggest swapping the muff and ds-1... muffs sound great last in the chain of distortion boxes. ever tried the crybaby last before the holy grail? instead of first in the chain, it might be too much Wah action though, which is what i've found.

anyways my chain has completely done a make over as my guitar sounds has taken quite a turn... sounds like a cross between keiji haino noise, lightning bolt/ruins and some old school cliff burton style thrash metal...

Dunlop Hendrix Octave Fuzz
Boss Octave OC-2 (older model)
Proco Rat (older model from 80's)
EH Big Muff (Russian) ***optional***
DOD Death Metal

with both the octave fuzz and boss octave on at the same time, the off tracking gets really wacky and intense, most people don't prefer this but i use this as part of my sound and i think its interesting and different, add the Rat and the Death Metal and its great NOISE! i get super weird oscillating feedback and sustain with all the pedals on and its not much like anything i can really think of, i also play in lower tunings, not quite baritone but often in Drop D or C variants

basically put all my delays aside for now (digitech 2 second delay & EH Deluxe Memory Man) as it will make me concentrate on what i'm playing in realtime as delays can sometimes be a crutch though they do help make your guitar sound alot more fuller, though i must say those have been my two favorites that i still use over the years.

king_buzzo 03.09.2007 02:10 PM

haha death metal....

amyways, my wahs sweep is to weak to stand after the muff and the orders great now.

fuck ds1's

next step 03.09.2007 02:12 PM

I dont wanna be your neighbor cause with all that distortion you can scrape the 'varnish' from the walls. second, you are my idol cause you do that!! :) haha

get that delay so you can take a cup of coffee while the noise go around in the room!!

king_buzzo 03.09.2007 03:09 PM

haha, i've already had complaints from the neighbours. simply because i leave it to feedback and post here for hours.