Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Severian 11.05.2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wow!

ha ha. well. if you want the rug, get the rug! it should hold the place together... how did the dude put it? can’t recall the exact words

but maybe just take a deep breath before adding any “accoutrements” and... try living like a bedouin a bit?

look at that proud, and elegant man. he’s ready to gtfo in 30 minutes without having to rent a damn uhaul or pester his friends.

Aw, nobody knows the value of a good rug like the Dude.

h8kurdt 11.05.2017 02:55 PM

Hahaha nah I wouldn't get that. Just love the fact that Jackie has a massive stubble. But yeah, a good rug will tie the room together.

This is the one I've got my eye on

Tbh, this is the first time in all my years I've lived on my own that I've even cared about any furniture.

h8kurdt 11.05.2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

wow!

ha ha. well. if you want the rug, get the rug! it should hold the place together... how did the dude put it? can’t recall the exact words

but maybe just take a deep breath before adding any “accoutrements” and... try living like a bedouin a bit?

look at that proud, and elegant man. he’s ready to gtfo in 30 minutes without having to rent a damn uhaul or pester his friends.

And that guy has many rugs in there. I'm on the same level as that guy.

!@#$%! 11.05.2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
And that guy has many rugs in there. I'm on the same level as that guy.

right that’s what im saying

(but he’s got dirt floors though)

avoid the heavy shit that takes 4 people to move a flight of stairs and you’ll be gold

!@#$%! 11.08.2017 03:37 PM

after years of contractor and software annoyances, i’m now officially learning bookkeeping because i’m tired of relying blindly on others.

EVOLghost 11.09.2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Just not my ideal neighborhood, but again, I wouldn’t live anywhere in the city-city if I had a choice in the matter. I’d love on the outskirts... probably pretty far out. Somewhere quiet and family-friendly. Weird shit was always going down in Pioneer Square when I was in the area.

Oooh? Any neat stories?

Severian 11.09.2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Oooh? Any neat stories?

Um. I wouldn’t call them “neat.” I was in and around the area during some weird times. But specifically in Pioneer Square I once gave a homeless man a $20 because I pulled it out of my wallet instead of a single or a $5 and when he saw it he started saying “Oh my lord, thank you sir” so I handed it over... then I walked to a friend’s house and begged a ride home because I was broke as fuck. Girlfriend at the time almost castrated me.

Not sure how I feel about that story in retrospect. Probably not neat.

h8kurdt 11.09.2017 01:07 PM

Why do some independent record labels make it so fucking hard to buy direct from them? I try to avoid using Amazon but end up having to use it as a last resort.

Rob Instigator 11.09.2017 02:35 PM

Jay Z

EVOLghost 11.09.2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Um. I wouldn’t call them “neat.” I was in and around the area during some weird times. But specifically in Pioneer Square I once gave a homeless man a $20 because I pulled it out of my wallet instead of a single or a $5 and when he saw it he started saying “Oh my lord, thank you sir” so I handed it over... then I walked to a friend’s house and begged a ride home because I was broke as fuck. Girlfriend at the time almost castrated me.

Not sure how I feel about that story in retrospect. Probably not neat.

Oh...heh. Probably not neat but I’d say it’s a pretty funny story in retrospect..

Perhaps you overanalyzed the reaction of the homeless person. Maybe he was just happy you were giving him money and not necessarily a $20.

!@#$%! 11.09.2017 09:48 PM

i had some of that patti labelle’s sweet potato pie that was so popular a year or two ago it had a feature on npr.

instead of standing in line for it i just waited for today.

what can i say about it? without any other point of reference i’m pretty sure patti labelle is a diabetic. no pancreas can survive this.

holy mother of fuck this is christina tosi’s banana cream pie level cocaine-sweet

that disgusting dopamine rush. too much! no more for me.

Severian 11.10.2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Oh...heh. Probably not neat but I’d say it’s a pretty funny story in retrospect..

Perhaps you overanalyzed the reaction of the homeless person. Maybe he was just happy you were giving him money and not necessarily a $20.

Maybe, but hear this: if you plan on giving money to homeless people, leave home with a few singles in a pocket separate from your wallet. Sure, you might be right, but I say this is a good rule. Don’t pull the wallet out in front of them.

Severian 11.10.2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Jay Z

Oh I get it. You’re saying Jay-Z is irrelevant.

Ok that’s actually pretty fucking clever. Hahaha!

EVOLghost 11.11.2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Maybe, but hear this: if you plan on giving money to homeless people, leave home with a few singles in a pocket separate from your wallet. Sure, you might be right, but I say this is a good rule. Don’t pull the wallet out in front of them.

Yeah. I normally don’t do it on the street because of this. I’ll do spare change n maybe a buck from my car but yeah....I try to leave little room for people to show their dark sides. Everyone’s got one. Fortunately a lot of the homeless here don’t really beg it seems....or just drunk....which can be a little tense. Normally I don’t give a fuck but when I’m with my girlfriend, I’m more cautious.

EVOLghost 11.11.2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

i had some of that patti labelle’s sweet potato pie that was so popular a year or two ago it had a feature on npr.

instead of standing in line for it i just waited for today.

what can i say about it? without any other point of reference i’m pretty sure patti labelle is a diabetic. no pancreas can survive this.

holy mother of fuck this is christina tosi’s banana cream pie level cocaine-sweet

that disgusting dopamine rush. too much! no more for me.

Bahahaha. Glad I’m not a huge pie guy...except for pumpkin...I can eat that shit all day.

!@#$%! 11.11.2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Bahahaha. Glad I’m not a huge pie guy...except for pumpkin...I can eat that shit all day.

me too! except if it’s too cheap or too sweet

easy to make pumpkin pie in a mug in the microwave. just make a bunch of “pumpkin spice” in advance and eat all winter. it’s really a good vegetable, nothing wrong with it. for the crust just nuke some almond flour with butter 30 seconds at the bottom of the mug. i can post the link to it when i find it.

btw i did google “patti labelle diabetes” and sure enough she’s had the beetus for 22 years or something. what can i say— i’m not surprised. THE SUGARS

Severian 11.11.2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

me too! except if it’s too cheap or too sweet

easy to make pumpkin pie in a mug in the microwave. just make a bunch of “pumpkin spice” in advance and eat all winter. it’s really a good vegetable, nothing wrong with it. for the crust just nuke some almond flour with butter 30 seconds at the bottom of the mug. i can post the link to it when i find it.

btw i did google “patti labelle diabetes” and sure enough she’s had the beetus for 22 years or something. what can i say— i’m not surprised. THE SUGARS

Apple pie. Better yet, Danish apple pie. Or crumble.

Annihilates pumpkin. Puh-lease.

Bytor Peltor 12.06.2017 06:16 AM

DwayneEi, Deayneever and DeayneJef are all logged in at the same time......what kind of sorcery is this......and why?

Rob Instigator 12.06.2017 09:33 AM

all pie, any pie, beats all cake, any cake.

!@#$%! 12.06.2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
all pie, any pie, beats all cake, any cake.

you have my condolences for your limited experiences...

i’ve had some really fucking terrible pies! :D