Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.28.2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Not much, I'm just in the middle of the day of work experience. Only two hours, then another day, to go. Bored out of my mind, SYG is the only thing keeping me sane ;)

That's good that you're out of it! Having nothing to do means you can spend a lot of time just to yourself, which can really suck. But it's a good thing in the end.

Enjoy your pancakes :P

Haha, oh man. Maybe give Reddit a shot or something. SYG is really slow-paced as far as internet communities go, as much as I appreciate it here. Me and work never agreed much tbh.

It's not that I don't have anything to do. I've been cleaning out my basement, and listening to shoegaze all day. Also have a ton of video games on deck to play on my PC. I just get awfully introspective, and then all of a sudden...

choc e-Claire 11.29.2018 12:22 AM

I have tried Reddit before, but I stopped using it after it was blocked at school. (lol)

What have you done, if you're okay sharing? I'm spending the week as an accountant at my dad's office.

Shoegaze is good shit, man. I've been working through (don't hurt me) Pitchfork's all-time top 50 list and loving most of 'em.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.29.2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I have tried Reddit before, but I stopped using it after it was blocked at school. (lol)

What have you done, if you're okay sharing? I'm spending the week as an accountant at my dad's office.

Shoegaze is good shit, man. I've been working through (don't hurt me) Pitchfork's all-time top 50 list and loving most of 'em.

1. That's what phones are for lol. The Reddit app is top-tier these days.

2. Worked my way up to manager at a restaurant as a kid, managed a GameStop soon after, became a security guard for a while, started my own Ebay shop flipping nerd crap and thrift store finds (lived off that for a while before I needed a reason to get out of the house), got a job changing needle bins at the local hospital, now I drive for Doordash and deliver food like a chump. Looking forward to a desk job finally. All this other crap is for the birds. I just wanna dress fancy and stare at a computer.

3. Shoegaze rules. Fav genre apart from metal. No shame in Pitchfork, get influence wherever you can find it. Music is music. I learned most of what I know from reading these boards way back when. Haven't read Pitchfork's list, but I'll peep it.

EVOLghost 11.29.2018 01:23 AM

My favorite jobs were delivering food for GrubHub and working at a Dog Daycare...

EVOLghost 11.29.2018 01:24 AM

me as your local delivery dood!

Bytor Peltor 11.29.2018 01:35 AM

Tip that man $$$

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost

me as your local delivery dood!

EVOLghost 11.29.2018 01:39 AM

Haha that pictures is like 4/5 years old.

I now have a desk job....:(

Bytor Peltor 11.29.2018 01:51 AM

Makes my heart feel good that the EVOLone is prospering!!!

Quote:

Haha that pictures is like 4/5 years old.

I now have a desk job....:(

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.29.2018 02:12 AM

Screw delivering food. I want my desk job now, damnit.

Wanna be like my hero, Drew Carey.

EVOLghost 11.29.2018 02:14 AM

I'd fucking love mine if we weren't understaffed...

EVOLghost 11.29.2018 02:15 AM

Look for some Data entry jobs or something with a trucking company maybe...?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.29.2018 02:24 AM

Quote:

Look for some Data entry jobs or something with a trucking company maybe...?

I've actually got a buddy who says he can get me an interview doing Data Entry w/ an H-vac company. Dude makes 60k somehow like wtf sign me tf up

Also another gig doing Volkswagen customer service w/ another bud

What kinda office you at Evol? Maybe I'll shack up in Seattle and pretend I'm Frasier

EVOLghost 11.29.2018 02:30 AM

I'm at a trucking company. They're actually based in Michigan. I just tell drivers where to go....I can see where they have offices over there and see if there are openings too...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.29.2018 03:00 AM

Quote:

I'm at a trucking company. They're actually based in Michigan. I just tell drivers where to go....I can see where they have offices over there and see if there are openings too...

dude that's awesome. i'd actually really appreciate it.

i'll hit u up on steam

Severian 11.29.2018 08:46 AM

Data entry jobs are on the short list for impending irrelevance, according to Forbes or some such shit I’d read recently.

I’ve done my fair share. Really hard to be fulfilled whenuoure doing that kind of thing. At least for me.

_slavo_ 11.29.2018 09:05 AM

Speaking of work .. I have a good job that pays well and it's not extremely difficult, but after 8 years on one position, I'm really becoming kind of burnt out. It's time to move on, though when I'm the head of the family feeding a 4 year old kid and now having 2 mortgages and a car, it's hard to abandon the job so easily.
Oh, how I wish I was at college again. No loans, no responsibilities.

!@#$%! 11.29.2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Speaking of work .. I have a good job that pays well and it's not extremely difficult, but after 8 years on one position, I'm really becoming kind of burnt out. It's time to move on, though when I'm the head of the family feeding a 4 year old kid and now having 2 mortgages and a car, it's hard to abandon the job so easily.

2 mortgages O_o

your need mr money mustache

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com

take a look. worst case scenario you just hate the guy and never see his site again

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.29.2018 06:02 PM

2 mortgages? Woof

Hey at least you gotta kid Slavo. That's gotta be great

choc e-Claire 11.29.2018 09:23 PM

I like the gif for when there's a hot thread that you've posted in with new posts. It reminds me of a little smiley a bit of the time.

Severian 11.30.2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_

Me too.

Except college was kind of horrible for me in a lot of ways, so never mind.

But I need to move on soon too. I can feel it.