Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

al shabbray 03.18.2009 09:50 AM

my new semester started and I am going to do a bit less this tie, to enjoy the coming spring/summer and to end the smeester at its normal time to really enjoy the summer break. I am going to sweden for 2 or 3 weeks at least in the summer cause my best ladyfriend will be there for half a year then.
the last weeks were total car madness. the car Ive bought needed a lot of time, but I so adore this one I cant describe it. its really the car Ive always wanted to have since I am 5. every mile is just amazing in it, even if its 25 years old :)

al shabbray 03.18.2009 10:12 AM

I was in sweden before, and I just can tell good things about if. maybe the most friendly, balanced country ive ever seen. in the summer its beautiful. if you like cities go for the south, goteborg is beautiful, stockholm is great too. if you want some wilderness and some astonishing views over endless lakes, trees and blabla go north :)

I will bring some pics soon :)
btw Ive named it "Darla" after the model I totally adore, and Mrs Baker when "shes" troublesome, named after the same person :)

al shabbray 03.19.2009 08:55 AM

yeah I like that pretty much too, I associate it with her, which is beauty too:

I just love this picture of her :)

SYRFox 03.19.2009 09:29 AM

Tonight: Animal Collective :)

greedrex 03.19.2009 09:34 AM

so.....
i have a question:

are you
also
frightened?

SYRFox 03.19.2009 09:35 AM

no one should call you the dreameeeeeeeeeeeeeer

_slavo_ 03.19.2009 12:54 PM

hello to you all
I've been hibernating lately
sleepwalking into work, breathing the workhours through and sleepwalking back home.
many lost days there in the past few weeks i have had.

nicfit 03.19.2009 12:55 PM

I'm sleeeeepinnn'aights'awake

_slavo_ 03.19.2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
I'm sleeeeepinnn'aights'awake

carved 'suk for honesty' on my chest.
that's accurate

SYRFox 03.20.2009 01:44 AM

Animal Collective was really good. Too bad L'Aeronef's sound wasn't really good, as always. But it was really really good. Their new version of Fireworks might be the best they ever done, the extended guitar jam is incredible. Pantha Du Prince was fantastic as well - though he did not play Saturn Strobe -, really interesting all the time. Super night. I bought a neat Tshirt

Setlist:

What Would I Want Sky
Leaf House
Summertime Clothes
Slippi
Lion In A Coma
Daily Routine
Guys Eyes
In The Flowers
Fireworks
Brother Sport
--
Banshee Beat
My Girls

al shabbray 03.20.2009 02:54 PM

^^jealous

SYRFox 03.20.2009 03:01 PM

:P
and I'll get to see Pivot, HEALTH and Liars in the next two months :)

nicfit 03.20.2009 03:08 PM

I might go and see neptune tomorrow...I hate going to gigs alone, but....

SYRFox 03.20.2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

I might go and see neptune tomorrow...I hate going to gigs alone, but....

nah man, you NEED to see neptune. they are so awesome, especially live

vulva 03.20.2009 11:16 PM

I always meant to ask, is this the bullshit/offtopic/random thought thread? I always assumed it was, but was too afraid to dive in.

nicfit 03.21.2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva
I always meant to ask, is this the bullshit/offtopic/random thought thread? I always assumed it was, but was too afraid to dive in.

yeh, kinda (there are quite a few thread that turned out being filled with random stuff), let's say there are some "resident posters" in here. But I guess everybody's welcome!
So don't be afraid.

_slavo_ 03.21.2009 05:34 AM

It's the President election day here today. which reminds me i should get my lazy ass moving and do my vote.

SYRFox 03.21.2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva

it might be, anyway welcome there and enjoy this pleasant cup of tea

atsonicpark 03.21.2009 06:53 AM

this isn't directed at anyone on this thread.

al shabbray 03.22.2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

yeh, kinda (there are quite a few thread that turned out being filled with random stuff), let's say there are some "resident posters" in here. But I guess everybody's welcome!
So don't be afraid.

and you have to praise the holy foxness for creating it, and indirectly slavo too for creating it (not that succesful twin)...
YAY