Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 01.30.2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Thanks

i wanted to wish you a good one too but it was odd among the carnage of pitbulls vs kittens

plus wasn't sure about the "irrelevant" placement

hmmm...

anyway i hope you had fun

Antagon 01.30.2019 02:28 PM

^ No biggie. Just getting older again, that's all. Thanks though. Mostly spent it worrying about the paper that's due on Sunday. But got to meet two lovely friends of mine too, so yeah, I got some enjoyment out of it I'd say.

!@#$%! 01.30.2019 02:37 PM

2 is so much better than 20 isn't it? ha ha ha

Antagon 01.30.2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
2 is so much better than 20 isn't it? ha ha ha

Yeah, I'd say so. Not really a guy for big overblown parties anyway. At least in terms of personal celebrations. I'm of course happy if a lot of people show up to my theme-events. But that's something different altogether - I usually don't have to adress and react to all of them personally, there's always this comfy invisible wall of "I need to tend to something now anyway".

choc e-Claire 01.30.2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

plus wasn't sure about the "irrelevant" placement

I use this as the 'stuff you can't put anywhere else' thread.

---

Today's my little brother's first day of high school. I've told him that he's going to be hated anyway, simply by virtue of being a Year 7. So if he's quiet it'll be better.

choc e-Claire 01.30.2019 07:23 PM

School diary decorations ready for tomorrow

dirty bunny 01.30.2019 09:23 PM

I got a new job yayayyaay me!!!!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.30.2019 09:52 PM

Congrats dirty bunny, and happy birthday Antagon!

!@#$%! 01.30.2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny
I got a new job yayayyaay me!!!!

snot irrelevant!

congrats

dirty bunny 01.30.2019 10:35 PM

Thanks Dr Eugene Felikson & !@$%!

Feels good!

choc e-Claire 01.31.2019 12:51 AM

It's really weird when you're listening to a bootleg, and the band plays an unreleased song that'll become one of their biggest, but nobody's freaking out because nobody knows it.

choc e-Claire 01.31.2019 05:21 PM

We've been talking about representation, selection, and omission within media, and we were talking about René Magritte and The Treachery of Images. Couldn't help but think of this...

(Source: SMBC)

!@#$%! 01.31.2019 05:31 PM

lmfao

choc e-Claire 01.31.2019 05:32 PM

Zach Weinersmith is a smart and entertaining man.

!@#$%! 01.31.2019 05:38 PM

try to rep you as a thank you for the laffs but cant yet

does his name mean sausagemaker? hmmmm...

choc e-Claire 01.31.2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Perhaps originally - he was formerly just Zach Weiner, but he adopted his wife's name as well.

Antagon 01.31.2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

"Weiner" actually derives from "Wein", which is the German word for "Wine". Alternatively, it could also refer to the verb "weinen" which means "to whine". And if you were to conjugate it to say "Go on and cry" or "Cry me a river", you'd say "Wein doch!". Yup, in German, those words aren't just homophones, you also spell em the same way. So "Weiner" could also be someone who whines/cries. I know that your comment was made in jest, I'm just trying to throw around trivial information as a means to procrastinate.

That comic strip is really funny by the way, kudos!

choc e-Claire 01.31.2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

"Weiner" actually derives from "Wein", which is the German word for "Wine". Alternatively, it could also refer to the verb "weinen" which means "to whine". And if you were to conjugate it to say "Go on and cry" or "Cry me a river", you'd say "Wein doch!". Yup, in German, those words aren't just homonyms, you also spell em the same way. So "Weiner" could also be someone who whines/cries. I know that your comment was made in jest, I'm just trying to throw around trivial information as a means to procrastinate.

I salute your procrastinatory efforts, Antagon.

I'm killing time by working on my sports stats project.

!@#$%! 01.31.2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

"Weiner" actually derives from "Wein", which is the German word for "Wine". Alternatively, it could also refer to the verb "weinen" which means "to whine". And if you were to conjugate it to say "Go on and cry" or "Cry me a river", you'd say "Wein doch!". Yup, in German, those words aren't just homonyms, you also spell em the same way. So "Weiner" could also be someone who whines/cries. I know that your comment was made in jest, I'm just trying to throw around trivial information as a means to procrastinate.

oh hahaha
so he makes people cry?
thank you. i like words

Antagon 01.31.2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

oh hahaha
so he makes people cry?
thank you. i like words

You're welcome. Doubtful due to the ending of -er, which rather refers back to the person (i.e: he who cries). But who knows? Might as well be. Surnames can get really crazy in the German language, making the etymology kind of muddled. There are literally people named "Bauernfeind" around here, which translates to "Enemy of farmers".