Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.17.2019 09:33 PM

Tfw yr gf is listening to music while studying, so u politely place yr Sony MDR-1A headphones on her head, and plug 'em into her laptop so you can read yr fantasy novel in silence...

...only to have her start singing Elliott Smith songs w the headphones on.

h8kurdt 02.18.2019 07:19 AM

*sob* a filling in one of my teeth is causing me serious aggro today. It just puts you off your whole day where all you're thinking about is this throbbing pain in your mouth. Annoying thing is I can't get to the dentist til tomorrow.

!@#$%! 02.18.2019 07:23 AM

take some painkillers and chew on a clove

i swear by the clove. or clove oil. it numbs ya.

but a strong ibuprofen (not sure of brand names) could help more

i’ve gotten up to 800mg for oral surgery, you likely dont need as much rn

h8kurdt 02.18.2019 07:47 AM

Stinky breath here we come. Thanks man.

!@#$%! 02.18.2019 07:53 AM

keep the clove/ oil/ clove paste (you can grind up in a mortar) on the afflicted area only

!@#$%! 02.18.2019 05:32 PM

SO i rewatched the first episode of breaking bad last night haaa haaa haaa

#1 walt becomes interested in the meth money BEFORE he finds out he's got the big C. it's his barfday partee, hank is there being a general dickhole, appears on tv with the drug bust, walt looks at the money starts asking about it. yeah.

#2 he's got inoperable cancer when he decides to ask for the ridealong. he doesn't have an inability to pay medical bills.

NOTICE that he gets an ambulance, an expensive MRI, etc. he doesn't have a problem being denied insurance or treatment. he's gonna get chemo. the system is working for him at this point.

#3 from the beginning he's got rage problems
a) when he quits the car wash he doesn't just walk out, he says fuck you and starts smashing shit off the wall
b) he really puts the hurt on the idiot kids making fun of his son instead of scolding them like an adult should ha ha ha
c) he's a chickenshit who explodes. a bit like the hulk.

#4 he's also an exploitative asshole from the start. he tells pinkman if he doesn't work with him he'll turn him in.

ah ha ha ha i had forgotten how good this show was. also forgot that skylar was pregnant from the start. if he doesn't have money why didn't he get the snip?

BUT ANYWAY.

vegan bacon lmao.

i need to get back to work...

choc e-Claire 02.18.2019 08:55 PM

Some kids in my class who are also doing a Music thing were talking about how they have seven half-finished songs.

I told them they should do it 'Paranoid Android'-style and just weld them all together, lol.

dirty bunny 02.18.2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
take some painkillers and chew on a clove

i swear by the clove. or clove oil. it numbs ya.

but a strong ibuprofen (not sure of brand names) could help more

i’ve gotten up to 800mg for oral surgery, you likely dont need as much rn

I'm so glad I came across this because my honey bunny has a hurty tooth and needs something. Fortunately we have cloves. I tried making the paste with olive oil, should I try with water?

!@#$%! 02.18.2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny
I'm so glad I came across this because my honey bunny has a hurty tooth and needs something. Fortunately we have cloves. I tried making the paste with olive oil, should I try with water?

with drool, like.

just put the powder on the finger and rub rub rub

dirty bunny 02.18.2019 11:31 PM

Ok thank you!

choc e-Claire 02.19.2019 02:45 PM

School photos today.

pony 02.19.2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
School photos today.

I ALWAYS got a haircut the day before school photos were taken and I ALWAYS looked so weird in the photos.

now I always look weird in photos, no matter whether I get a haircut or not

choc e-Claire 02.19.2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
I ALWAYS got a haircut the day before school photos were taken and I ALWAYS looked so weird in the photos.

At the moment I'm trying to grow my hair out (Claire's epic quest towards femininity!), but it's in the awkward middle phase at this point. Much like my life in general.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
now I always look weird in photos, no matter whether I get a haircut or not

A lovely weird though!

I never smile well when I know I'm being photographed. Might be because I don't like my teeth, but IDK.

pony 02.19.2019 03:11 PM

growing hair out + never smiling + not liking my teeth = same !

EVOLghost 02.19.2019 03:24 PM

I love my teeth.

EVOLghost 02.19.2019 05:10 PM

Ugh. Another day of like 2 hours of work and the rest of the time just dickin’ around.

choc e-Claire 02.19.2019 05:50 PM

TIL a girl in my class has the middle name Danger

EVOLghost 02.19.2019 06:12 PM

Like really really?

(TWO MORE FUCKING HOURS AT WORK. IM GONNA FUCKING FLIP.)

choc e-Claire 02.19.2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Like really really?

Well, it's what she's been registered to the school as having - on the online roll, it literally says '[Lastname], [Firstname] Danger'.

---

My English Language teacher makes Powerpoints for the class, and they're hilarious in some cases.

Today he used, as an example of an imperative sentence, 'Don't steal lockers that aren't allocated to you.' He's the year level coordinator, so he has skin in the game.

And for an exclamative sentence, 'What a f**kwit' on a slide with a picture of Nick Kyrgios.

EVOLghost 02.19.2019 06:53 PM

I have no idea who Nick Kyrgios is....but that’s cool. Now I’m starting to miss high school...fuck bein’ an adult waiting another hour to leave work when there’s nothing to do.

I do miss my Senior year English teacher: Vietnam vet who was cool as fuck. Gave us a lot of terrible advice(a la Hunter S Thompson), but also some really great stuff.