Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

EVOLghost 04.11.2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
first i thought it was another film about the book

then i googled...

you talking about these ladies?

https://youtu.be/vhfYis6VuXY

you're one of the guys in the window aintcha? :D

Those are the three! They performed this song last night too along with 2 of my favorite songs by them! We ran a bit late since I'm an idiot and for the tickets...but didn't really matter as the line to get in was like 2 blocks long. We get there and I immediately buy a beer. I start heading to the room and I am told no drinks inside. Ok whatever....finish my beer)only had time for one) and go inside and think, 'I'll just grab another for a slow song or when they start talking...' but nope. They fucking stopped selling beer like 20/30 minutes into the fucking show. I don't know if this is something with the venue(The Paramount in Seattle) or this specific concert...but yeah. a little annoyed at that one.

!@#$%! 04.11.2019 01:57 PM

weird with the beer

are you into k-pop too? appears similar

EVOLghost 04.11.2019 02:00 PM

I was...not anymore. All sounds pretty basic to me now. I basically only listen to Yasutaka Nakata...who is the producer behind Perfume and a couple other J Pop artists/group. He's pretty solid.

choc e-Claire 04.13.2019 08:01 PM

I wonder if I could pull off a goth look.

!@#$%! 04.13.2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

too much sun in your part of the world i think

you'd bake yourself in all that fabric

Derek 04.15.2019 09:14 AM

Most Australians and people from California/Florida/etc I know are mad goth. Being goth in extreme heat is braver than the troops.

!@#$%! 04.15.2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Most Australians and people from California/Florida/etc I know are mad goth. Being goth in extreme heat is braver than the troops.

must be. i sweat like a motherfucker. would not dare beyond winter-- i'd prolly rot my taint.

and florida! with the humidity! i'd mold all over.

Derek 04.15.2019 09:27 AM

A lot of the classic death metal bands came from Florida and I always found that weird.

choc e-Claire 04.15.2019 11:03 PM

I got my first payslip yesterday! A delicious $122.13.

The Gazpacho Gestapo 04.16.2019 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

do it.

just avoid fingerless gloves

EVOLghost 04.19.2019 01:50 PM

Anyone picked up weed in Japan before? Just curious...I don't want to risk bringing a vape cart...and I don't really want to smoke there since it's so weird with the views on weed....but who knows...maybe someone out there got some vape carts or somethin' discreet.

!@#$%! 04.19.2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Anyone picked up weed in Japan before? Just curious...I don't want to risk bringing a vape cart...and I don't really want to smoke there since it's so weird with the views on weed....but who knows...maybe someone out there got some vape carts or somethin' discreet.

duuuuuuuuuuuuude

do not...

read up on the imprisonment of carlos ghosn

the law is very different over there

eta: a quick search turns up stuff like this

https://www.elitedaily.com/envision/...-japan/1434132

Rob Instigator 04.19.2019 02:27 PM

DO NOT DO DRUGS IN JAPAN

they only accept severe alcohol intake.

EVOLghost 04.19.2019 02:52 PM

Yeah...keep hearin' about these stories. Definitely don't want to end up like that...heh....fuck it. I'll just stick to these then...

!@#$%! 04.19.2019 02:53 PM

lol there ya go

you dont wanna tell yr girl the wedding postponed till 2025 :D

EVOLghost 04.19.2019 02:55 PM

hooo boy! There probably wouldn't be a wedding then..lol

choc e-Claire 04.22.2019 09:29 PM

"So you're dyslexic and French?"

I laughed at the roast of the exchange student.

choc e-Claire 04.22.2019 11:26 PM

So, for Media, we were going to have to make a brief documentary. I was looking forward to this, as I thought that we'd be able to find something pretty cool to film.

As it turns out, rather than writing our own script we've been told that we'll need to make an introductory film about the school for future students with autism. And it's good that we get to help out, and all, but I still feel like we could have had more fun.

choc e-Claire 04.23.2019 06:50 PM

Happy birthday to marleypumpkin, who I see occasionally in my explorations of old threads. I'm sure that your neg rep is undeserved.

choc e-Claire 04.23.2019 08:48 PM

aah god now I have to remember how to do all of this physics work