Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 04.29.2014 02:57 PM

the knives are starting to come out:

"I still can't figure out why Pep has this 'cool as a cucumber' reputation," natters Matt Loten. "He never had to worry about the stress of actually having to compete for titles until Mourinho rocked up at Madrid, and as much as Jose is a master of turning mind games into results, I've never seen a man fall for them as hook, line and sinker as Guardiola. I mean, he had to abscond to New York for a year just to recover!"

Bytor Peltor 04.29.2014 03:01 PM

The announcers in the Bayern Munich vs. Real Madrid game sound sad.

demonrail666 04.29.2014 03:03 PM

I don't believe Bayern would sack Pep after this but it will put massive pressure on him next season. But I don't think he can change.

demonrail666 04.29.2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the knives are starting to come out:

"I still can't figure out why Pep has this 'cool as a cucumber' reputation," natters Matt Loten. "He never had to worry about the stress of actually having to compete for titles until Mourinho rocked up at Madrid, and as much as Jose is a master of turning mind games into results, I've never seen a man fall for them as hook, line and sinker as Guardiola. I mean, he had to abscond to New York for a year just to recover!"

That's very true

!@#$%! 04.29.2014 03:05 PM

this was my fear last year and it came true:

bayerlona

Bytor Peltor 04.29.2014 03:07 PM

"I've never heard it so silent in here, Allianz Arena is church like"

demonrail666 04.29.2014 03:11 PM

Not a good night for Pep's reputation, for sure, but it also highlights the frailties of the Bundesliga when a team able to dominate it as much as Bayern have can struggle so much against a team currently placed only 3rd in La Liga.

!@#$%! 04.29.2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Not a good night for Pep's reputation, for sure, but it also highlights the frailties of the Bundesliga when a team able to dominate it as much as Bayern have can struggle so much against a team currently placed only 3rd in La Liga.

don't know about places or why teams are where they are, but real madrid is a team of galácticos who man for man are very hard to top anywhere. i'm actually surprised they are 3rd.

and didn't bayern beat barca 4-0 last year?

this really is about the limits of tikitaka and guardiola's refusal to adapt. heynckes figured out a way, but guardiola went backwards and poached gotze instead of beefing up the defense. that was a bonehead move and now bayern is paying.

!@#$%! 04.29.2014 03:33 PM

ps- where the fuck is thiago alcantara and what has he been doing? i just saw a comment. he's the other guardiola acquisition.

ps- knee injury. but another small midfielder! apparently he's essential or something.

TheMadcapLaughs 04.29.2014 03:37 PM

madrid are looking very impressive. they will be tough to beat

!@#$%! 04.29.2014 03:37 PM

and that's the 4-0 from last year, returning

demonrail666 04.30.2014 06:59 AM

Zonal marking's analysis up all ready ...

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/04/...unter-attacks/

'This individual result doesn’t signify the death of tiki-taka, but as part of a wider picture it’s clear that possession football has become less celebrated, less widespread, and less dominant. But not necessarily less effective – as ever, that depends upon the implementation of the approach, rather than whether it’s being used.'

pad_023 04.30.2014 07:03 AM

Real were so good last night. Hoping for a Madrid derby final.

!@#$%! 04.30.2014 04:25 PM

madrid vs. madrid final!

i'm looking forward to seeing that.

Cunt 05.01.2014 05:11 AM

!@#$%! 05.01.2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt

jaaaa jaaaaa jaaaa jaaaaaaa

Bytor Peltor 05.03.2014 08:05 AM

Just home from work and started watching the second half of Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City.......all I've seen is shots on goal by Manchester City. They are OWNING Tottenham and I didn't expect that!

Oh well, time to make some breakfast.

Cunt 05.03.2014 10:02 AM

That would be West Ham, City play later on today with Everton.

demonrail666 05.03.2014 06:05 PM

Haha, not every week West Ham get confused with Man City.

Anyway, been a terrible season for us but a double against Spurs always deserves a little dance

pad_023 05.04.2014 02:06 PM

Went to watch Albion at the Emirates today, unlucky to not come away with a point.

But what a soulless place the Emirates is, no atmosphere, home support were dreadful. Good showing by the Albion fans as always, could hear them outside the ground.

What's the point of going to watch a game if your not going to get behind your team.